The Council Digest Volume #2

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DragonArmy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2010

I don't think the council thinks that twitch is WAY overpowered, but it is a little too strong as the moment. His ult does AOE damage when it hits (unlike other DPS ults), can hit multiple targets (unlike any other ulting DPS character), and has the seconds longest range.

When the spray and pray had a lower projectile speed it was easy to dodge but now it is one of the best carry spells in the game. Personally, I think a different character should be able to ult and hit multiple targets.

I think a small nerf is the right choice.

Zeta

01-11-2010

Quote:
Twitch is not OP

He is easily countered and made of glass.

Don't cry for nerfs because you don't know how to counter him. Change to be a better player at the game, don't expect the game to change for you.
Out of the top 3 players, 2 play Twitch exclusively.

He is quite overpowered. Either get rid of his stealth or nerf his range and Ultimate.

iannb0r3d

01-11-2010

The percent of damage on her ult should be lowered and her passive cooldown reduction really gets under people's skins when she reinacts a kill as the opposing team runs. Also I am glad Twitch is being nerfed but i do wish yi's attack speed and cooldown reset could be looked into ,because as soon as hes done with a kill nobody can out run him.

Big McLarge Huge

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

01-11-2010

heh.. Right on..

Ivandir

01-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
Katarina’s Ultimate – One man asks: does it do too much damage? Area of Effect in general will be looked at in the future, and Katarina will be part of this possible nerf.
To be honest with you Katarina's ult is fine. It's the cooldown reduction of her passive that screws the opposing team. If her cooldown reduction took less time (5-10 seconds) then I don't see Katarina being overpowered.

Grake

01-11-2010

In all honesty, i havent seen a katarina in about a week. I own her, and i wont even play her. Going PURE B.F.Swords, and even then, jumping in at the last moment and using her ult still doesnt prove to be that great. If i get a few kills and shorten the cooldown, i usually dont have any targets to pounce anyways. Im glad she's squishy, but i think her ultimate should do more damage, and have less effect from weapons.

Ex. 50/100/150 damage, 20% from AP, 40% from AD.

That doesnt have any thought put into it, it could possibly be way overpowered, but you get the general idea.

Redxiii

01-11-2010

I felt that the map is kind of smaller compared to DotA i wish they have a bigger ones so that they can provide more neutrals and more path or brushes or even shops as well, this will difinitely gives more gameplay to LoL, oh and also i notice the map terrain doesn't have higher and lower ground. Brushes that can be burn will be cool to add more enviromental effects to the gameplay example like annie cast her fire spells to the brushes and the grass burns down revealing the terrain for a limited amount of time before the brushes renew again.

fortis

01-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redxiii View Post
I felt that the map is kind of smaller compared to DotA i wish they have a bigger ones so that they can provide more neutrals and more path or brushes or even shops as well, this will difinitely gives more gameplay to LoL, oh and also i notice the map terrain doesn't have higher and lower ground. Brushes that can be burn will be cool to add more enviromental effects to the gameplay example like annie cast her fire spells to the brushes and the grass burns down revealing the terrain for a limited amount of time before the brushes renew again.
thats a genuine idea but this isnt a topic to suggest it. i rally like the annie fire idea (or udyr phoenix form etc).

my comment -

in general, why do physical dps heros like twitch and katarina need aoe damage? i can kind of understnd katarina as her damage output really isnt as good as other physical dps heros (she is almost a "physical caster" hero who doesnt use mp...), although the cooldown on that ability is redic., but twitch? physical dps heros like twitch just plain dont need aoe, they are lone ganker heros, who specialize in 1v1 and small team combat (and tower pushing or is that a tank's duty? or both?) i just feel that the aoe on these heros are silly.

Lightstriker

Adjudicator

01-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivandir View Post
To paraphrase what I said above. Area Of Effect champions need a boost in their AOE damage and we need more champions with AOE damage such as Annie, Malphite, Nasus, Rammus, Anivia. This alone will make people think twice about ganking as a 5 man
that would actually have the exact OPPOSITE effect of what you're encouraging. Hell, one of the main problems right now is that AOE is generally acknowledged to be too strong, not too weak >.>

Jozen

Recruiter

01-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberic View Post
I've played far too many games against twitch, he's only a glass cannon between ults. Think about what lifesteal does to that many hits in a line..

Oracle isn't a reliable counter unless a huge hp/armor tank has it, the range is quite tiny, kinda like ryze's range.
There's nothing like watching a twitch with an Executioner's Mark debuff on, gaining life through three heroes attacking him just cause he's hitting and lifestealing off of all three of them at once.