The Council Digest Volume #2

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sycsadist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2010

btw, how to become part of the council? just curious? as well as, setting a constant every 1 min or so on the spawning pls? it seems so random at times. still.. grats, and keep up the balancing. i know twitch,yi, and kat are soft, but they are just to broken to drop that much aoe dps. and farming isnt much of a problem with them. ^^ just a thought

Jozen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furyfire View Post
Kat's Ulti - This Ulti doesn't even get strong til level 11, yet alone sucks in group games considering the more the champions the more it is spread out.

It is also a channel, so ANY sort of stun, bounce, knockback, will stop it... it isnt THAT powerful. She's a 1v1 character. I have had little luck in larger battles with her even as Warmong Kat.
Its just as strong at level 6 as it is at level 11(Versus a single target). Getting kills the second Kat hits six in a 1v1 situation is laughably easy.

As for it being spread out, vs 1, 2 or 3 champions, a level 3 ult will do the same amount of damage. Its when its 4 or more champions in range of her that the ult is not so great as you don't get to choose the three weakest champions for it to target. Regardless of that, Kat's ult still deals a ridiculous amount of damage and she is a great addition to any AoE team.

As for the channel part, yes it is channel, but there are knockbacks and bounces that she can continue to spin through just fine. Its specifically Stuns, Fears and Silences that she needs to watch out for.

LahooZaher

01-11-2010

Twitch is not OP

He is easily countered and made of glass.

Don't cry for nerfs because you don't know how to counter him. Change to be a better player at the game, don't expect the game to change for you.

Furyfire

01-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozen View Post
Its just as strong at level 6 as it is at level 11(Versus a single target). Getting kills the second Kat hits six in a 1v1 situation is laughably easy.

As for it being spread out, vs 1, 2 or 3 champions, a level 3 ult will do the same amount of damage. Its when its 4 or more champions in range of her that the ult is not so great as you don't get to choose the three weakest champions for it to target. Regardless of that, Kat's ult still deals a ridiculous amount of damage and she is a great addition to any AoE team.

As for the channel part, yes it is channel, but there are knockbacks and bounces that she can continue to spin through just fine. Its specifically Stuns, Fears and Silences that she needs to watch out for.

I see where you're coming from. And if I think about it, when 2v2 ranked/tournament play starts.. well, she'll be pretty nasty. 5v5 though, late game, most players stick together, so her level 3 really isnt... well, great. Being a heavy Kat player, there are times however, that I won't even attempt a level 6/Death Lotus level 1 kill cause she can only get about 3 blades off before the other champion is able to get away. Only time I've ever been able to get the kill is if they are less than 20% hp and I Shumpo in. Once I get 11 though, 1v1 or 1v2, with no stuns.. well.. thats pretty op.

DragonArmy

01-11-2010

Could you post all the new times for neutral creeps respond?

I wonder if making them less common will increase the importance of getting them or decrease the viability. My biggest concern is that this could have an odd effect of jungeling.

Aike

01-11-2010

No discussion on the match types? Everyones tired of the current system. Maybe Draft pick and rated games may help.

Ad Victoriam

01-11-2010

I feel like Udyr is OP at present. Everyone just thought he was underpowered since nobody had developed a good way to play him yet, but now he can easily carry with few items, since he has built in shield + lifesteal, constant stuns, and quick attack speed...

The only champions that can take him 1v1 are high-burst mages, but even still he can just pop turtle, get close enough to stun with bear, and proceed to destroy.

Zeoilvia

01-11-2010

AoE does not need a nerf atm. The only good AoE spells are ultis and they are all avoidable, just stay out of the "area of effect" :P If you decide to nerf AoE I think crowstorm owns Katarinas ulti.

kisr10

01-11-2010

I like the concept of an official council. It makes the developers less introverted in my eyes.

as for Kat's Ulti, I've been in a game where a farmed kat on the other team pretty much took us out by herself. granted that there was only one stun on my team(annie's complicated one) and she does get it in in the right moments but seeing that it only takes 2 seconds at most to take out 3 champions is just absurd for her ulti.

In contrast to the glass cannon that is twitch, she can tank physical attacks long enough to make that many kills.

I'll just note that this observation is based on that one game so it may not me so in all situations but I want to give my two cents to the champion.

Oberic

01-11-2010

I've played far too many games against twitch, he's only a glass cannon between ults. Think about what lifesteal does to that many hits in a line..

Oracle isn't a reliable counter unless a huge hp/armor tank has it, the range is quite tiny, kinda like ryze's range.