The Council Digest Volume #2

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rabid Squirrel

01-13-2010

Council! We need more maps in the normal game mode. Please talk about this!

uptown

01-13-2010

Why won't riot introduce a voting system to all their users, using IP points?

inhiarashi

01-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatalystSynapse View Post
That is called PvP. It is a risk you run. Personaly, I think aggressive laning off the top of the match puts the other side of the lane into defence mode. They back up to the tower and it kills the minions depriving them of the gold.

There is a problem here with ganks. I theorize that it has to do with the absence of VOIP ingame. You have all the time in the world to plan a gank with chat. It's harder to get off a warning mia in time during the narrow window where it helps. Plus you don't feel as much a part of a team without the actual vocal connection.

My 2 cents.
when is voice chat going to be added? i know we have vent but... is it super hard to setup voice chat? is it spendy? are you missing something that makes it possible?

Style11

01-13-2010

I believe that the more limitations that are put in a game, the less fun it becomes. For instance making the creeps show up 15 seconds later. And just in general stopping 5 man team battles. Steer to smaller battles is stupid. You are supposed to go around as 5 against 5. Of course when someone feeds its gonna harm the feeding team. Don't make the game noob friendly or change the game to specifically prohibit certain extents of gameplay. Thats all i have to say. I haven't played since the patch but i am a very avid LOL player. So i'll see if i like it better or worse.

TheAngel333

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2010

"Udyr Some of the discussion was right after his release, before he was buffed, and the Council called him underpowered. Now he's believed to be in a pretty good place, not requiring much more work."

Is that some sort of sick joke?
Please kindly take a look at him again and try and see if you haven't just, i dunno. Made him the greatest champions in the game. Because i cant seem to win a game against a udyr ever since his buff. I mean honestly when udyr can take the entire team by him self i'm a lil worried...

Asfastasican

01-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
[*]5 Man Roam Council members explore how the game could be changed to steer teams into smaller battles.
Read my lips... the 5v5 map is too small and doesn't feature any elevation as well. You will be very VERY hard pressed to find a solution to 5 man roaming. The easiest fix is making this 5v5 map have larger dimensions.

It's very good to hear that they finally added timers to dragon and sigils. I mentioned that lv 1 dragon battles didn't add anything constructive to the game back in beta with a few other players and subsequent dragon nerfs along with the timer change are good to see.

Oh yeah, and anyone that thinks having smaller battles would hurt the game should consider looking at a little game that's lasted over half a decade. You might have heard of it, it's called Dota.

Wal88

01-13-2010

Hi,
while I do admit cleanse with spell immunity for 2 seconds was too good, cleanse shud be able to remove ALL debuffs on cast as it states. The last time i checked mentally, getting damaged over time would be a debuff. Ignite is a very powerful skill, at lvl18 500 irreducible damage in 5 seconds, if they wanted it to be uncleansable then it shud show the exception in the ignite description.
thanks! love the game (i love all balanced pvp games)

Dyrus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

01-13-2010

i'm sorry, but whatever the council is pretty much the same as the adjudicators. meaning 30% of them have no idea what they're talking about.

Hydveghy

01-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saishy View Post
(Oh, and the whole mastery idea is fail, yeah that old and long skill tree was nice and all 10 years ago, but its just a old and overused idea now, and don't fit LoL at all, should be substituted by many but shorter trees, or a more customized skill tree)

Edit: Oh, and mana is also a bad mechanic, most games now don't use it anymore, or they are more "energy-like" replenishing fast when not used.
Ah... I just LOLed at this... If your plan is to become a game designer well gl because ideas and comments like these probably wont get you very far.... Every game which includes a spell casting cast let that be rpg, or MOBA games will always use mana for casters and "energy-like" thingy for melee and ranged classes (not in MOBA games though where everyone uses mana except for the few exceptions)

As for the game itself I'd agree with the map being bit too small, but I recall Riot saying they wanted to be the games shorter and packed with more action than DotA and the smaller map I guess is part of that. Though it indeed would be very nice to see new game modes added and maps as well in the sooner future. I mean you can see a "world map" when you enter the queue yet we only have 2 of those maps and a winter version.

With the Twitch issue I'd join those saying that if you are skilled twitch can be easily countered and with oracles as well. Minimap is your friend and you should regularly check it to see if you can see every enemy champion on map or not, and if not and you might be low hp r just have a generally bad feeling you should port back to base asap.

As for the 5v5 battles and AoE dmg yup some aoe like nunus definitely need nerfs... In a team battle where nunu is present and your teammates playing characters with low base hp pools get their hp reduced well below 50% with Nunu's ulti on early lvls (even late game if nunu has enough AP) and it takes 1-2 skill from other champions to finish off whoever is fleeing. That being said 5v5 battles are megafun if the teams end up being balanced both skill and character setup wise, though that is very rare.

And yes I'd say the matchmaking system would need a revisit as well, as I dont really believe it works as it was supposed to be. As many others posted previously you can see pretty much from like the 5th minute of the game who is going to win. I'm lvl 29 and have been regularly paired with low levels before and it just sorta pisses me off when I'm suppossed to be playing with players of my level and this dude practically even before there is 30 second to minion spawns gets lured under enemy tower at level 1 and he plays someone with low hp I mean why do I and all people with experience have to go through this? I know PuGs are not supposed to perform as well as a premade but this is just a bit too extreme and if the same carries on in ranking matches that will be very heavily unnacceptable to have my rank go down because some nabs. I kinda like that dude idea who posted as to have matchmaking based on win-lead points sounds kinda fun and balanced.

Thats all folks

MindTrix

01-13-2010

i really dont think any champion is over powered. its the player that makes the champion so whos to say whos over powered i believe people just get out skilled and smarted plain and simple.