The Council Digest Volume #2

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Akira Kid41

01-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilweanie View Post
Cardmaster Before his slew of nerfs, Cardmaster was pretty universally considered top tier. He seems to be a little bit more reasonable now and is still quite viable.

I've been wondering when he will get gimped? he has a nuke stun insta teleport and his OP ult Global slow that gives vision... wouldn't it be fair if the ult just slowed everyone globaly and not give sight? this char is almost a insta win if good. But if someone can explain to me why he is a fair champion i would like to know why... thanks
Well he hasn't had a nuke stun since last patch, they fixed that. His "insta teleport" is needed to get to lanes fast for some quick cash, because without a good income, he won't be capable of dealing damage against any other champion; he is very gear dependent. His global vision is nothing to teemo's mushrooms. 5 sec sight is not near as good as random mushrooms in bushes, game-round, forfeiting your gank position, as well as dealing a sizable sum of damage. They even slow. His stun card takes skill, yes skill. More than a button click, this stun card takes precise timing to turn, and even then it has only a window of opportunity. If you F*** up, you will be gimped, as you have to stop and ditch your useless card before activating your cooldown. It has reprecussions. With little damage, let alone AOE damage, and a defense squishier than most champions, TF is strictly utility. Its not about the numbers he puts out, but how YOU use them.

shemp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herborist View Post
I have two issues with all that has been said:

1. Why is it a monthly digest? I think most of us would prefer weekly, or even daily, updates that are much smaller, but focused on "hot" issues.

2. Why was nothing said about matchmaking? The unbalanced items, runes, and champions of the game are nothing compared to the unbalanced matchmaking system. Why is the most important part of the game being shoved aside for updates to things that many of us haven't even encountered?

In case that was too long of a read, I can boil it down to one question: why hasn't an official representative of Riot responded directly to the matchmaking issue? And I don't mean the usual responses of "it's fine" or "we're working on it."
This is not what the council is for, they are there to give opinion on in gae issues. they are just gamers too how would they be able to give opinions on how to fix MM. Dont post dumb things.

KSB1082

01-13-2010

One thing that might be a viable Twitch change to Spray and Pray is to return it to pre-nerf condition but add a debuff. The debuff could be a miss percentage say for example 35-50% so that his ability can still put out some damage but is less reliable. Considering that the term comes from FPS' player tendancy of holding down the trigger and hoping that enough bullets hit the target to kill them.

Insanozuke

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2010

Thanks for the information and for your time. =)

SlaveZero

01-13-2010

Heres how the match making system seems to work or how i notice it.

I get into a pure random game and my entire team is level 25+ and the enemy team is all between lvl 5 and 15. How can that match up be fair? The entire enemy team barely knew how to buy boots so it was like a slaughter.

I get into next game, im lvl 30 and my entire team mate is lvl 15 and the other team is entirely lvl 30. My team mates are not buying boots this time haha they are feeding and i am still the only one with positive kill stats and im wondering how did i get put with these guys and then i lose due to massive feeding.

The match making system almost allways puts me into a one sided slaughter and never a even match up where it could go any way.

Here is my suggestion on how matchs are added up. Take my account for example.
Im level 30, 168 wins, 149 losses.
168 minus 149 = 19 win lead.
Take level 30 + 19 win lead = my rank of 49.

Now rank every player like that.
So let say team 1 has a 49, 45, 32, 25, 24 for a total of 175 team points.
team 2 has a 60, 40, 30, 25, 20 for a total of 175 team points.

This might be a more fair system. due to i feel win lead probably is the best counting method of skill. Those who win more than they lose just might be good haha.

The other thing i think is, it should match up players rank in my system with equal numbers idealy meaning if one team gets a rank 60, the other should get a rank 60, but if it cant get a rank 60 the rest of the team members may have a higher average of rank on there team. Either way each team should have almost the same equal Team Points.

Let me know if there is any flaws in this system?

Gignomai

01-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
  • Level 1 Teamfights Blue team has been considered to have an advantage because their Lizard spawns closer to the Dragon. The Council and I discussed the various ways these fights played out and how to maneuver for them. Other topics included forfeiting control of Dragon in order to push top tower.

I've noticed another advantage blue team has(at least for me). They always travel up from the respawn point whereas Purple always travels down. This is a problem for me because the map scrolls when the cursor is on the edge of the screen and not on the edge of where the map is displayed. For example, I can click locations to run my champion to while I'm scrolling the map away from the respawn point when I'm blue. However, when I'm purple, the hud gets in the way and I have to scroll then click. This is also a problem for me when chasing down fleeing opponents as a purple team, or while I'm fleeing as a blue team.

Proposed solution:

Make the map scroll when the cursor is on the edge of the map instead of the edge of the screen. So like, when the cursor is on the edge of the hud, the map will scroll. This is better than just allowing the Hud to flip to top or bottom because you have the same issue depending on whether you're attacking or defending and which team you're on.

I know it seems like a small issue, but every little bit counts, especially in games like this. I also thinks it bothers people without them even realizing it.

CatalystSynapse

01-13-2010

Quote:

"Some complaints say that playing aggressively just gets you ganked."
That is called PvP. It is a risk you run. Personaly, I think aggressive laning off the top of the match puts the other side of the lane into defence mode. They back up to the tower and it kills the minions depriving them of the gold.

There is a problem here with ganks. I theorize that it has to do with the absence of VOIP ingame. You have all the time in the world to plan a gank with chat. It's harder to get off a warning mia in time during the narrow window where it helps. Plus you don't feel as much a part of a team without the actual vocal connection.

My 2 cents.

Razieel

01-13-2010

"Laning People are trying to figure out just how much skill differentiation exists in the laning phase of the game. Some complaints say that playing aggressively just gets you ganked."

There's a some skill in laning its just much subtler than people think. Its not an overt difference, but I agree that playing aggressively gets you ganked. Thats why there's the slow play. In a slow play you let your opponent push you. This forces a trade off, while it lets your opponent get closer to your tower and possibly inflict some early damage and level 'slightly' faster, it also forces them to camp near your tower in order to get experience making them easier to gank, thus theres a trade off.

The skill comes in deciding whether or not you should slow play or fast play(aggressively). Is the gank op worth the tower damage etc.

The only thing I do agree with however is that playing aggressively just seems to lose this argument, the experience difference is too small because a player who just gets pushed back accidentally levels just as fast and in a safer environment.

Martic

01-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razieel View Post
"Laning People are trying to figure out just how much skill differentiation exists in the laning phase of the game. Some complaints say that playing aggressively just gets you ganked."

There's a some skill in laning its just much subtler than people think. Its not an overt difference, but I agree that playing aggressively gets you ganked. Thats why there's the slow play. In a slow play you let your opponent push you. This forces a trade off, while it lets your opponent get closer to your tower and possibly inflict some early damage and level 'slightly' faster, it also forces them to camp near your tower in order to get experience making them easier to gank, thus theres a trade off.

The skill comes in deciding whether or not you should slow play or fast play(aggressively). Is the gank op worth the tower damage etc.

The only thing I do agree with however is that playing aggressively just seems to lose this argument, the experience difference is too small because a player who just gets pushed back accidentally levels just as fast and in a safer environment.
I personaly dissagree when it comes to aggressive vs. unagressive. If your playing in team that builds for great laning combonations instead of just playing whoever they feel like, (Skill on the character select screen!) then pushing towers is a great way to easily outlevel your opponent, also showing a false weakness is a great tactic. I can't tell you how many times ive taken a few hits from a tower and gotten low in order for the enemy to push me. They run out, I use an instant HP potion and early game thats a good chunk of health. What does this lead to? half health champions running away from there tower and getting killed by your partner, who happens to perfectly compliment your class.
This

Expertise

01-13-2010

Neutral monsters spawning later? If so, when? Now Warwick is even more useless than before...