Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Winning Lane as an ADC

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brazzers Babe

05-20-2014

Hey guys, I have run into a problem recently. I don't win lane very often as ADC. Fortunately this isn't detrimental as my teamfight positioning and teamfight ability is stronger than the people I play against but none the less I lose lane 90% of the time. I know that my farm is decently low around the 10-15 minute mark though I won't have any deaths, I just want to learn how to win lane most of the time. If I could win lane I would be able to help my team snowball and put less of the pressure of winning on the rest of my team. This Saturday I played in the Trick2G 8-Bit Salute and played in the C Bracket Finals and was streamed by Trick himself with shoutcasting. He continuously mentioned (and of course I knew) that I was losing lane hard but as soon as it came to Team fighting I became 9/3 and picked up a quadra and put my team in very good positions to win team fights. We ended up losing at 53 minutes simply because they were too far ahead and (18k ahead at one pt.)we couldn't hold them off with 2 inhibitors down. If anyone has any tips on how to win ADC in mid silver/low gold level play that would be awesome. I often have strong bush play and bush control and I can essentially predict when their jungler is coming. I have good for my rank and I feel like I have the ability to win lane, just something isn't connecting. Any tips are good tips and I'm not saying that I'm "Diamond stuck in Silver" I'm just saying that if I can control lane phase and win, I can win any game that I play with my knowledge of snowballing and teamfighting. Thanks a ton and have a great day. -Evan "Wichita"

lFluxl

05-20-2014

You have the Twitch VOD of the 8-Bit Salute game? It's much easier to see what you're doing and then comment on what you're doing right and wrong.

Brazzers Babe

05-20-2014

Yes I do, there wasn't much focus or discussion on the commentary but I'm the Ezreal. My game begins at 1:19:00 and lasts for about an hour. http://www.twitch.tv/trick2g/b/529835821

lFluxl

05-20-2014

Hmm. I'll type these out as I'm watching:

I just remembered that I was actually watching this live...I remembered from the Velkoz player.

-In the current meta with this patch 4.7(4.8?) you can play any AD in the game with Braum as support and win lane.

-You have to establish early game, even in Champion Select what kind of lane you want:
ie: Caitlyn/Sona = poke lane
Twitch/Karma or Ezreal/Leona= kill lane

-Practice trading aa's in between csing is probably one the hardest things to do, but so important to learn if you wanna improve laning as an ADC.

-That first time Lucian/Morgana backed you guys should have gone back as well after pushing the lane out because you were at a item disadvantage for a while.

-Whenever I feel like I'm losing lane, I tell my support that I'm gonna straight up farm unless Jungle/Mid comes to help gank.

-See some positioning errors, but nothing you can't fix with practice. You could use LoLReplay and record your games. Check out your positioning when in lane/team fights/etc and improve as you see fit.
Ran into a lot of binds unfortunately, just gotta practice strafe/orb walking/juking.

-Might have been able to help stop the bleeding if you watch your teams rotations, farm is hella important, but if there's the possibility of you roaming with the team and picking up 2-3 kills which leads to objectives it just helps close the gap.

-Lol @ that Baron call at 34mins. Just let it be, there was no way you could solo that.

Yea man you just gotta practice honestly. If you have a buddy who you can duo with to play botlane as support that would be a great way to practice.

cFlame

05-21-2014

The above post speaks it mostly, do some math and see what combos work well against who. See for the safest pick in champion select when its not worth the risk.