Twitch really that OP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dredzach

01-11-2010

I only played twitch in beta, then recently I started playing him (and doing pretty bad at first). Despite going 0-5 at first I have come back in the same game and gotten triple kills and got to 9-5 and our team won.

Twitch is OP.

P.S. Oracles/wards don't do any damage to Twitch, and also note, Twitch's ulti has almost twice the range of these terrible items. Finally, most Twitch dominations happen with Twitch standing under second tower of middle lane using S&P ulti while your team pushes the tower. After the triple kill his team takes care of the rest.

Twitch is OP.

Also, only spell that has enough range to stun twitch in his ulti is Ashe's ulti, but he already got off 3-4 shots before it hits him, even if you try that.

Berenstain

01-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LahooZaher View Post
I play Twitch
But, occasionally, they actually play halfway intelligent and counter me. Teemo hits me with a poison dart blinding me and by the time it wears off my ulti and ambush speed bonuses are almost over. Someone hits me with a stun, same thing. Someone hits me with exhaust, again, same thing. Or 3 of the heroes turn around, hit me with a nuke each and paper Twitch dies before I get a 3rd shot off.

Twitch owns, but only if you let him. Be aware of your surroundings, know that hes out there, know that hes probably positing himself for a gank, have your tank buy an oracle if you need it.

When the other team lets me I get records like 30 kills to 4 deaths. When they play smart, counter me, I am lucky to break even on my kills/deaths ratio.
So the team is using nearly all its CC and nukes on just you. What the hell is your team doing during all this? Are they using any of their CC so the team can't get to you? Are they doing any damage while it takes the opposing team about 2 seconds to get in range of you for Exhaust/stuns/DPS?

The problem with Twitch is the range. I think everyone knows that Twitch has low HP and can be nuked down easily. The problem is with his massive range it's almost impossible to land much on him without taking absurd amounts of damage. I've played against Twitchs that didn't abuse the range and they get destroyed. The good ones that use the 1000 range effectively and play with their team just do absurd amounts of damage and debuffing. I've never been too bothered by his invisibility. Though I do think Oracle's should have a little better range.

CalveenKush

01-11-2010

Quote:
So i came to this game just under a week ago. A friend told me this was dota 2.0 and everything was a lot more balanced. so far i love the game, but it seems as if there is a twitch in every single game i play, and almost every single game this twitch has about 20ish kills and 2-3 deaths.

Now, i know some people are just good, but every twitch getting 20+ kills every game? Im getting to the point where its not even worth playing games if there is a twitch in it.

Like i said, im new here so maybe i have just had bad experiences, but something tells me the character needs to be redone.

On a side note, cant wait till i get 6300 IP so i can experience these 20+ kill streaks while rolling my face across my keyboard
You are probably playing with low levels. Its easy to get a really good twitch score when people aren't actively trying to gank him early.. Next time you see a twitch buy some wards and put some hard pressure on him. Have mid come bot for gank attempts. Even if you fail and are just injuring him a lot he isnt going to be nearly as effective late games as he would just allowing to free farm.

aanallein

01-11-2010

he's op, period. Just to make sure I played him and won 8/9 games. the 1 game i lost was because they had a superior twitch (i still had a positive score btw). He is incredibly easy to play and in 50% of those games people tried to stop me with oracles/wards and just ended up wasting money. in every game i had ridiculous scores and the end game chat was essentially 'nerf twitch'. This is having never even played him before and against premades of level 30s.

His role in the game is not suiting to the climate of the game at all. You simply wait til there's a good opportunity (ie team brattle) and you spray into it from 1 screen away. it doesn't take any skill at all.

any character that I, as a mediocre player, can pick up and instantly, on the first game, with a runebook and masters setup to play a caster, carry a premade on premade matchup is imbal.

Purutzil

01-11-2010

Twitch is OP... yes... very much so. Why? His Ult allows him to down an entire team so quickly. It is compelete bull considering its range and the fact it does full damage to everyone.

Now cry "oh just focus him" but the range on the ult will let enough shots off often enough that he will kill you before you can do ****.

Now what makes it bad is in high elo his weakness is countered by a nice little hero called kayle. With Kayle the whole aspect of him being squishy or having cc to stop him is countered and he can once again snipe out the other team and win. All the while laughter can ensue.

Raistlen

01-12-2010

If you think twitch's stealth and ganking ability are OP then you just need to get better at countering twitch. That isn't the problem with him. What makes Twitch unbalanced is his ult. During a team fight he can stand way back and kill your entire team from safety.

Kodoku

01-12-2010

To address a few points that keep being made:

1) Twitch only dominates when he's fed early.

Aside from anecdotes of twitch going 0/5/0 or so and still dominating via lategame pentakills, a twitch who focuses entirely on last hitting in his lane while playing safe will easily have enough money for the items needed to hit hard and fast (as well as an EC).

2) He only dominates those who don't know how to use oracles/wards.

Oracles will hurt you more than they help. Their stealth detection has a very limited range, and when teams are posturing for a skirmish, there's no way their Twitch, who keeps well back thanks to his ultimate, will be exposed. Well placed wards help greatly to counter early game ganks from twitch, though at cost. When lanes dissolve, an oracle on the other team can shut down any wards in play, assuming you even find a way to position them where their twitch will be.

3) Just use crowd control like you would on any other carry.

Last I checked, there weren't any stuns with 1000 range. Also, competent disablers will specifically aim to lock down potential threats to Twitch once he pops out. Given that he's a carry who can potentially hit your entire team, it doesn't take long for Twitch to do decisive damage.

4) Twitch goes squish squish in the night.

Just like any assassin or carry, but with 1000 yard range and stealth. In short, see response to 3). Even when I play Katarina and use flash+shunpo to instantly get on top of Twitch for a death lotus, all he has to do is keep firing his ultimate and he'll have done enough damage by the time he's dead to swing the fight in his team's favour. That assumes, of course, an ideal situation of no one interrupting me.

I do not play Twitch. But I do always pick Kayle or Alistar when there's a Twitch on my team and have witnessed the absurdity that ensues when you combine spray and pray with competent support.

Sythion

01-12-2010

Twitch is not over-powered in the "they picked twitch we lose" sort of way. He is WAY too difficult to counter for a high DPS character, however. Basically, everything Kodoku said is false so long as the twitch knows what he's doing and is on a team who can support him.

Edit: I mean everything Kodoku said is true. Was just reading the highlight points, lol.

Rezialn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfish5554 View Post
when you play twitch, you will find out twitch is that OPed and incredibly easy to play.
Fixed

Madra

01-12-2010

Yeah, because Twitch jumping your team from the other side of a mountain or forest, completely unreachable, all the while doing AoE Physical damage is definitely fair and balanced. I mean, just have everyone flash over there, stun him, and gg. The good Twitches will put themselves in a position where they can't even be counterattacked... hell, they might not even be visible... you'll just see purple darts flying out, wiping your team.