How to have a >70% win ratio and other goodies

1234567 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Captain Scro

Senior Member

01-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagga View Post
I'm not sure how the MM is broken because it puts you with people who talk too much, have numbers in their name, or who instantly pick their champion. Care to explain?
in a hurry so for the things you mentioned, lack of banlist or equiv.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Beegly Boogs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Scro View Post
in a hurry so for the things you mentioned, lack of banlist or equiv.
I don't think a banlist can encompass everyone who fits those descriptions.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Malak al Maut

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-11-2010

It's funny when you dodge 2-3 times then hit a decent team then an enemy dodges because their team is carry stacked with no CC. The circle of lolife.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Crow

Member

01-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by coel View Post
queue dodging... Why and how to do it effectively and why it is good for the game.

1) names: usually "EPICPWNZOR2211" is really not gonna be a good player.A) numbers in names are generally a dead giveaway for noobs, I don't know why. It just is. Probably because they have their mind set on "kakashi" as their summoner name and will have it even if in the end it looks like "xXx1kakashi1xXx"..B) Anything in their name dealing with pwning or how good that person is at the game usually means they are insecure and bad.

2) pregame chat or lack thereof: when people join a game and start off with "LOL HI EVERYONE I AM SO HAPPY TO BE ALIVE TALK TO ME CUS I WANT TO BE YOUR FRIEND". They are usually bad and will turn on you in a heartbeat if you badmouth them in the least. Even if it takes the form of consructive criticism. The main thing to note here is that they are there to make nonexistent friends and to "have fun" not to win. If you join a game and everyone just picks their hero and says nothing, it is generally a good sign. Unless the lineup is sivir, trist, kata, nidalee, yi (but I will discuss bad lineups later). Obviously if there is alot of racial slurring, cussing, and other ****talking and griefing going on before the game you should probably dodge.

3)Insta hero pickers: this is most apparent after a patch with a new hero. Everyone wants to play them, which is understandable, but please for godsake play a practice game. seriously. Anyway, insta pickers will have a hero picked even before you enter into the game. Why? Beacause they have their minds set on ONE hero and will not play if they don't get that hero, nor will they change to something that would better suit the team. instapickers usually suck.

4) Lineups: No cc? No physical dps? all tanks? all support? Jungle heimer? This all goes back to people picking their hero before they even enter the queue. Well, that, and the fact that everyone is content to play with some horrendous lineups. I have seen people OK with 2 people playing random hero, meaning they DIDN'T pick during champion select and instead let time run out. People are okay with that. Seriously I don't know how, but they are. OH WAIT. It's because they "play for fun" instead of to win and clearly not picking a hero or showing summoner spells etc is fun. Consider queue dodging at this point like a preemptive surrender.

Hints and tricks

1) Use your ignore list as a personal ban list. Never want to play with DargonNight because you know he is a leaver/noob/scrub/greifer, but not sure you can remember all the DargonNights in LOL? Add him to your ignore list and check it at hero select if anything looks familiar. In this situation please tell the other people on your team in champion select why you are leaving. (NOTE TO RIOT: WE WANT ALPHABETIZED IGNORE LIST PLS)

2) The upcoming nerf to queue dodging is really more of a buff imho. Dodge a queue and you have to wait 3-5 min before you can get back into queue. This guarantees you wont be paired with the same people over and over. It usually takes 3-5 min anyway. The major issue or generator of complaints about queue dodging happening for 10 games in a row is actually because you get the same people over and over. If riot would understand that we just won't play with some people if we hate their guts, then they could fix this aspect of queue dodging with no problem.

Anyone who thinks queue dodging is stupid pls read this:
http://www.sirlin.net/articles/playi...in-part-1.html
I wholeheartedly agree with you. All of your points are vary valid and i already do these things. The only sad thing is that now the people who do these things will try to hide it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Crow

Member

01-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagga View Post
I don't think a banlist can encompass everyone who fits those descriptions.
The ignore list can be your personal banlist and it encompasses anyone you KNOW is a problem. It seriously cuts down on bad team compositions. I have had to queue dodge a few times just because people on my ignore list were on my team. It is a very useful list.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sylph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Emissary of the League

01-11-2010

Perhaps when RIOT implements 'Ranked / Ladder' type matches, people who turn to 'Normal' games will expect less of a competitive edge. Having a venue for players who seek to be top ranked will help with the current situation.

Everyone wants to win; just to different extents.


Just my 2 Cents.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Beegly Boogs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow View Post
The ignore list can be your personal banlist and it encompasses anyone you KNOW is a problem. It seriously cuts down on bad team compositions. I have had to queue dodge a few times just because people on my ignore list were on my team. It is a very useful list.
It was a joke... forum tryhard.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DrFromGallifrey

Member

01-11-2010

Someone truly playing to win will employ que dodging - it's part of the game, available to all, and not yet addressed by the creators of the game.

The only issue is that if everyone does it, we'll never get any games in. Some times you have to sacrifice your "playing to win" mentality for the sake of getting to play at all.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Malak al Maut

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-11-2010

There's a certain point, off-peak hours, where dodging is not enough. Your only option is to not play during that time. If you play in off-peak hours no amount of dodging will prevent a complete blowout for one team. Whether it's your team with the 3 new guys, new guys is nicer than scrub or baddie, is another question.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Teldara

Senior Member

01-11-2010

I disagree with some points.

Some peoples name have numbers, since they've been using that name for ever.

Insta Picking - What if your last game was queue dodged? That means when you queue up again, you can click right on your champion fast with out someone stealing it or etc.


1234567 ... 13