How to have a >70% win ratio and other goodies

1234511 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

coel

01-11-2010

queue dodging... Why and how to do it effectively and why it is good for the game.

1) names: usually "EPICPWNZOR2211" is really not gonna be a good player.A) numbers in names are generally a dead giveaway for noobs, I don't know why. It just is. Probably because they have their mind set on "kakashi" as their summoner name and will have it even if in the end it looks like "xXx1kakashi1xXx"..B) Anything in their name dealing with pwning or how good that person is at the game usually means they are insecure and bad.

2) pregame chat or lack thereof: when people join a game and start off with "LOL HI EVERYONE I AM SO HAPPY TO BE ALIVE TALK TO ME CUS I WANT TO BE YOUR FRIEND". They are usually bad and will turn on you in a heartbeat if you badmouth them in the least. Even if it takes the form of consructive criticism. The main thing to note here is that they are there to make nonexistent friends and to "have fun" not to win. If you join a game and everyone just picks their hero and says nothing, it is generally a good sign. Unless the lineup is sivir, trist, kata, nidalee, yi (but I will discuss bad lineups later). Obviously if there is alot of racial slurring, cussing, and other ****talking and griefing going on before the game you should probably dodge.

3)Insta hero pickers: this is most apparent after a patch with a new hero. Everyone wants to play them, which is understandable, but please for godsake play a practice game. seriously. Anyway, insta pickers will have a hero picked even before you enter into the game. Why? Beacause they have their minds set on ONE hero and will not play if they don't get that hero, nor will they change to something that would better suit the team. instapickers usually suck.

4) Lineups: No cc? No physical dps? all tanks? all support? Jungle heimer? This all goes back to people picking their hero before they even enter the queue. Well, that, and the fact that everyone is content to play with some horrendous lineups. I have seen people OK with 2 people playing random hero, meaning they DIDN'T pick during champion select and instead let time run out. People are okay with that. Seriously I don't know how, but they are. OH WAIT. It's because they "play for fun" instead of to win and clearly not picking a hero or showing summoner spells etc is fun. Consider queue dodging at this point like a preemptive surrender.

Hints and tricks

1) Use your ignore list as a personal ban list. Never want to play with DargonNight because you know he is a leaver/noob/scrub/greifer, but not sure you can remember all the DargonNights in LOL? Add him to your ignore list and check it at hero select if anything looks familiar. In this situation please tell the other people on your team in champion select why you are leaving. (NOTE TO RIOT: WE WANT ALPHABETIZED IGNORE LIST PLS)

2) The upcoming nerf to queue dodging is really more of a buff imho. Dodge a queue and you have to wait 3-5 min before you can get back into queue. This guarantees you wont be paired with the same people over and over. It usually takes 3-5 min anyway. The major issue or generator of complaints about queue dodging happening for 10 games in a row is actually because you get the same people over and over. If riot would understand that we just won't play with some people if we hate their guts, then they could fix this aspect of queue dodging with no problem.

Anyone who thinks queue dodging is stupid pls read this:
http://www.sirlin.net/articles/playi...in-part-1.html

Captain Scro

01-11-2010

Wow. This, coupled with recent happenings have completely changed my perspective on q-dodging.

thank you

p.s. link isnt working for me

Meta

01-11-2010

Agree on all points except insta-pickers. Usually I go into a game with a champion already in mind, but will switch to something else if it's really needed. If nobody picks right away, then the people who are waiting to see everyone else's picks won't have enough time.

EDIT: I think this was the article he was trying to link:

coel

01-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Scro View Post
Wow. This, coupled with recent happenings have completely changed my perspective on q-dodging.

thank you
There are also a slew of wonderful ways on HOW to queue dodge by making it more time efficient. I will post them if I get a significant number of requests and feedback on this post. the only reason I haven't is that I am scared that they will lose effectiveness if I post them for the world to see. Be creative and you can probably think of them yourself.

Tahotai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2010

1. People like you are the scum of the earth, hope you get banned, etc. etc.

2. People with mains that happen to be in the free rotation will rush to pick them. As they will probably be better with that hero then any other, queue dodging them isn't necessarily good.

Seaal

01-11-2010

Name: I Love Shaco

Wins: 24
Losses: 9
Queue Dodges: 0
Leaves: 0
Level: 10
Recognised Smurf account after about 8 games

Go figure -.-'

Bianary

01-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by coel View Post
Anyone who thinks queue dodging is stupid pls read this:
Fail.

Sirlin was not writing about LoL's setup, he was specifically talking about competitive play. Given that there's no controls on who enters or really who you can be matched against (Wait long enough in queue and the pool expands), LoL matchmaking queue != competitive play.

Better luck next time.

Vichar

01-11-2010

Hmmm...I support queue dodging. Besides making the world a safer, terror-free place, it's fashionable.

I can't help it if I'm a little chatty during Champion Select, however. I sometimes say inane and useless things like, "Do you guys think we should pick one tank / initiator??" or "Maybe we could use some physical dps." I hope people don't decide they have to dodge me because I was feeling social.

Captain Scro

01-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahotai View Post
If mm wasnt broken, we wouldnt have to fix it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bianary View Post
LoL matchmaking queue != competitive play.
hahrhahr....then what are you upset about?

Solution Nine

01-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahotai View Post
Scum of the earth for giving their best shot at getting a good team.

Ok.

1234511 ... 13