Malphite Runes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YYZed

01-11-2010

Overall, what are the better runes for a Tank Malphite, Im just kinda confused about him with the fact about the way he uses armor.

Please + ty!

Edit: Wrong forum >.>

Mpalm

01-11-2010

I go:

Flat armor Marks
Dodge Seals
Magic Resist Glyphs
Flat HP Quints

You can substitute Mana Regen / Level for the seals or Glyphs if you want.

YYZed

01-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpalm View Post
I go:

Flat armor Marks
Dodge Seals
Magic Resist Glyphs
Flat HP Quints

You can substitute Mana Regen / Level for the seals or Glyphs if you want.
Thats what i thought i read, thanks

Merovinge

01-11-2010

Back in the day I used the same as Mpalm except Flat armor seals as well to expedite his jungling. The dodge might give more physical mitigation overall, but the armor is key to improving ground slam damage, which makes up the majority of his overall damage.

Lemons

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2010

flat mana regen
Dodge
mana regen per lvl/18
flat HP

SlyGoat

01-11-2010

more offensive build:

magic penetration marks
flat armor seals
flat mana glyphs
flat hp quints

this capitalizes on getting the best early game advantage possible which is crucial to malphite since he needs a couple hearts of gold fast to really get rolling. other than HP quints which are still pretty much the best choice in general, it centers around making you able to spam ground slam and shard for a lot of hurt in any early gank. the magic penetration marks also effect the damage from sunfire capes.

i haven't actually had any real runes since beta, though. so this might not be as effective. malphite's also been nerfed in various respects since then.

SNAPCRACKLEPOPS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-15-2011

i know i'm a year late, but i agree w/ slygoat on the runes lol. magic pen marks r so good for early game and even late game to abuse/kill