Wanna go AP sivir, but it's near impossible.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pavlo

01-11-2010

I want to try out AP sivir as her boomerang blade does 260x2 - 10% damage to a single target and ap scaling is .7 which is 1.4 if it hits both ways, i have tried some builds but miserably failed, i went hunting guise, sorceress, nashor. then we lost, anyone who is great at seeing how you could maximize a Sivir AP build is welcome to give advice.

jnguyen

Master Recruiter

01-11-2010

If your a confident sivir, Soulstealer and frozen heart. if you're not so confident, go with kage lucky picks (+25 ap, +5 gold per 10 s), and eventually sell them off for deathfire grasp, blessed wands etc. Going lucky picks in general is good because if you cannot adapt to the AP build, you can switch back to DPS.

ffase

01-11-2010

Build is not viable.

Sivir has but one move that scales at all with AP. Its cooldown is too long for it to be her primary source of damage. Hence a hybrid build is necessary.

At the moment there are no hybrid AP items. For example:

Zhonyas Ring: Benefits from AP stack (Doesn't play well in hybrid build)
Archangel Staff: Benefits from Mana stack (No hybridness)
Deathfire's Grasp: Benefits from AP stack
Lich Bane: Benefits from AP stack

The list goes on.

There are unfortunately no items which give both AP and damage, or AP and attack speed, except Trinity Force.

The _only_ viable build in my opinion for any sort of hybrid is... Regular DPS Build. Once you start doing well, pop a Mejai's Soulstealer in there. It works like a charm with Alistar, for example. Both of his nukes scale 1:1 with AP. Filling a Mejai gives you another 400 spike damage.

Meta

01-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffase View Post
There are unfortunately no items which give both AP and damage, or AP and attack speed, except Trinity Force.
Guinsoo's Rageblade

Madra

01-11-2010

I'd probably grab Soulstealer and then concentrate on the team support stuff and cooldown reduction, and probably Chalice to top things off. In a team fight, you should be getting alot of assists. I don't see a larger focus on AP than that being much of a benefit. I suppose Deathfire Grasp if you really wanted extra AP since that is also CD reduction and gives you another button to hit.

SlyGoat

01-11-2010

just stack AP and CDR like you would with any caster.

also get a lich bane so you can proc decent damage after using boomerang/shield/ult

Gaeb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffase View Post
Nashor's is a great hybrid item at 30% attack speed, 25% cooldown reduction, 55 AP, and some mana/5.

Nobal Kain

01-11-2010

I hate Boomerang and here is way. It only is good against dumb players. A good player will make sure to attack from the side of minions so they can easily move out of the way of the second hit, if not also the first. Also most players will move up some before throwing it, so you just watch for that and move once you see the animation.

Sure it hurts if it hits, but if your fighting against good players you will only hit about 25% of the time and with only 1 hit for most of even that. Totally worthless to try and build around that one skill.

Vichar

01-11-2010

In addition to Nashor's Tooth, Trinity Force and Guinsoo's Rageblade, Sheen by itself (I know it makes Trinity) is also a decent hybrid item. It gives some AP and each proc will double your base damage on your next physical attack.

Incidentally, I know that Sheen and Lich Bane have that 3 second limit to procs--you can't get the damage bonus more than once every 3 seconds. Is this true of Trinity Force as well?

Mpalm

01-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobal Kain View Post
I hate Boomerang and here is way. It only is good against dumb players. A good player will make sure to attack from the side of minions so they can easily move out of the way of the second hit, if not also the first. Also most players will move up some before throwing it, so you just watch for that and move once you see the animation.

Sure it hurts if it hits, but if your fighting against good players you will only hit about 25% of the time and with only 1 hit for most of even that. Totally worthless to try and build around that one skill.
Boomerang is amazing no matter who you are playing, good luck taking time to move to the right in a team fight, or when trying to escape a gank.

However, AP sivir makes no sense. Just rush stark's and win.