Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riot.. you broke kass too hard.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LichtBlue

05-15-2014

He is too weak. Granted.. his early game is a little bit more manageable due to his spamability now because of his w but other then that... all he is is a jukeing punching bag. His q does laughable damage considering it no longer silences and the shield hardly does anything past lvl 5. Not to mention none of his quotes make sense now because he can no longer silence.. His full burst does only a little more then an ori q-e but he has to get right in your face to do it. Before.. he could carry with a 2 kill lead.. now he cant carry with an 8 kill lead. I was just in a game where i was 6 and 0 as kass and could not fight a 3 and 1 panth that was behind a level. That makes no sense. 6 and 0 kass could not burst down a 2 and 4 nid (also behind a level) who was at half health. she got away easily since she WASNT SILENCED. He is no longer viable. Less then the yorick or the urgot or the sej.. he is straight Under Powered. Riot.. you killed him. not cool.

only zhule

05-15-2014

odd i have had the exact opposite issue. he's so mobile that i can't get away, he does so much burst damage that i can't kill him unless he's already very weak and i have a stun or something i manage to hit him with. all the Kass's i run into jump in blow there combo and then port out, so i'm stuck with like 45-70% health down, and he's set up to go again in a few seconds.... no way i'm healing enough to make the trades viable.

LichtBlue

05-15-2014

he has a window from about lvl 6 to lvl 10 where he has abit of his former glory back. but like.. unless you can manage to get waaay ahead in that time frame.. any champ can win the trade against him inbetween his ult cooldowns

Axe2Handle

05-15-2014

That's wierd, I usually have positive KDA and I've only been playing him 2 days.

Potato Jesus

05-15-2014

His q is quite underpowered atm, especially since they renerfed the shield. The point of the rework was to stop Kassadin's snowballing potential and remove the toxic gameplay. However taking away his base q damage doesn't stop the snowballing, it just weakens his laning phase. If anything the ratio should have been tuned just a smidgen and keep the base damage. The silence could have stayed, but it should have been for a brief second, unlike the 2.5 seconds of pain for mages.
Live Kassadin makes him go tanky, which is fine, but it forces him to buy mana, which kinda sucks, as there aren't any mana items that truly sync with Kassadin towards his potential

OAC

05-15-2014

I think that Kass either needs a huge burst to be on par with other assassins, or his silence so he can roam better, or be able to spam his R like before to be annoying. Now, he has none of that, just a W that deals good damage after you have 6 items to back it up..

Sleeper Cell

05-15-2014

All I play is Kass now. Because he is so good. You are all just doing it wrong. Best in top lane but also does well in mid.

Teleport and Flash

vs mainly melee opponent that clears waves: Q>W>E>Q>Q (For max damage output level 3)

Cloth Potx5 -> Sheen -> Icebourne

vs any other: Q>W>Q>E>Q (So you can poke harder without pushing level 3)

Cloth Potx5 (physical) or Flask Potx3 -> Sheen -> Icebourne

If you are mid lane rush boots of mobility right after cuz Kass roam is awesome

Finish build with:

Archangels + ROA -> Sorcerers shoes (top lane/end game for mid) -> Frozen Heart + Abyssal Scepter

Full Build:

Icebourne Gauntlet
Archangel's staff
ROA
Sorc/Mobi boots (with homeguard)
Frozen Heart
Abyssal Sceptar

Hard matchups I've had so far are: Orianna (Hard and direct counter to Kass), Zed and Talon. Zed and Talon are skill lanes but outplaying a good Zed is some hard stuff (lvl 6 I mean). You gotta build Zhonya's vs him everytime, no exception. I haven't faced a Jax or Renekton yet but I assume they would dunk Kass lol.

This build is super overbearing to half of the cast but take extreme caution when attempting to take out an ADC in a 1v1, they will dunk you 9 times out of 10. "But wait a second! Kass is an assassin, if he can't kill an adc then he's useless." Haha oh you misguided summoner. Old Kass was an assassin. This is new Kass! He is a bruiser now. A bruiser with the tools of an assassin. He can relentlessly hunt down enemies and beat most of them in 1v1's cuz his damage output is awesome. New Kass can still easily instaburst low health targets and half health ADC's. Making him still somewhat useful as an assassin as well.

Narzeim

05-15-2014

I don't believe my eyes, a reasonable Kass discussion.
I think he's in a decent spot right now. Strong in certain comps and matchups and weak in others. Assuming he is not super ahead he requires several rotations to 100-0. His strength comes with roaming and if played carefully he is hard to kill but he doesn't destroy anymore. But he may get olafed next patch. The 4.8 forecast mentioned nerfs and I don't think his viability can take any more.

I think the best part about Kass right now is that he has no set build or even skill order. Many different paths for him to take based on matchups, team needs, and playstyle preference.

360D3GR3SS

Recruiter

05-15-2014

His late game is currently Godlike. Personally i think its worse(as in far better) than original Kass (excluding silence).
With full cdr his ulti is under 2 seconds. And the mana he gets back with w lets him endlessly chase you with roa and tear. I love him right now. He farms well.

Narzeim

05-16-2014

Quote:
360D3GR3SS:
His late game is currently Godlike. Personally i think its worse(as in far better) than original Kass (excluding silence).
With full cdr his ulti is under 2 seconds. And the mana he gets back with w lets him endlessly chase you with roa and tear. I love him right now. He farms well.

There is no way in the world he is stronger than prework Kass. No 2.5 second silence and way less damage. Every skill lost almost half base damage and some scaling. Popping in and out a little more doesn't matter when you feel like more of a distraction than an actual threat.