Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Veigar's restricted cooldowns are holding him back

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TANNON

05-15-2014

Quote:
iDarkside:
Fine **** i'll go back to ****ing ****ty threads again, since every time I actually try to make a post this ****ty community just acts like the comlete ******* trash scum they are. 45% win rate, yeah he's real ****ing fine.

Well maybe if you made posts that weren't just solely your opinion and were based around universal problems in the game, we might agree with you and/or have a real discussion with you.

You don't do that, though, so we don't.

Vyrnnus

05-15-2014

Just max E if you want to hit his meteor for harass it guarantees that you'll hit it if you aim the Event Horizon correctly and get the stun. Besides Viegar is a late game champion, he excels at sitting around and farming with Q to get all the AP then in teamfights drops a devastating stun then deletes the enemy's APC. Certin champions need to be held back by cooldowns and Viegar is no exception, he has ridiculous scaling on pretty much all of his abilities. Of course to trade off for having a godly late game he has a fairly bad laning phase (when compared to some other FOTM champions). Besides he still gets kill potential on the enemy APC at level 6 with his combo, if you land it it's a guaranteed kill most of the time. IMO he is pretty balanced as is right now.

Metropolis

05-15-2014

If you're landing w's without stunning them first, you're playing some pretty retarded people who don't know how to sidestep.
I don't know why you want to push lane with Veigar either, I'd rather Q-farm near my turret where I know I'm safe (I am heavily immobile and squishy after all.

Veigar has problems, just not this.

iDarkside

05-15-2014

With your guys responses I HONESTLY don't think you read what I posted. No ****ing **** Veigars W isn't going to work for harrass. I dont give a **** about harrassing my lane opponent as veigar with my W. I'm talking about using it to not get pushed into tower every ****ing game. So learn to read adn stop being such a **** ass community.

Flipsy

05-15-2014

Quote:
iDarkside:
With your guys responses I HONESTLY don't think you read what I posted. No ****ing **** Veigars W isn't going to work for harrass. I dont give a **** about harrassing my lane opponent as veigar with my W. I'm talking about using it to not get pushed into tower every ****ing game. So learn to read adn stop being such a **** ass community.

Read what I wrote, you dweeb. Level your E (maybe) 1 more point, and your W will clear a bit better (mob groupings) and you'll harrass. Also, read what other people wrote. Veigar is more likely to get pushed to tower because of his deplorable early game. Learn how to farm under turret.

TANNON

05-15-2014

Quote:
iDarkside:

You ever think about planting your stun box directly in the middle of the lane so the minions don't progress as much? Y'know, like a thinking person would do.

Vyrnnus

05-16-2014

Quote:
iDarkside:

Perhaps you should not cuss and use constructive language in your reply's. Now then, my point still stands, put more levels into E, cast it so enemy minions walk into the stun and then place your W on them which will clear the front or back row. Not exactly hard to do.

Holydemonhero

05-16-2014

Stop, I love playing with Veigar and have no problem even when fighting ad mid champs. If people complain that Veigar needs a buff and he gets it he will just be overplayed and then nerfed again. HE IS FINE THE WAY HE IS.

CerealBoxOfDoom

05-16-2014

Quote:
iDarkside:
Veigar is a champion that is supposed to excel as an anti-mage. However the only mage that he MIGHT be able to counter is Karthus. The reasoning is that while Veigar has decent clear with his W, the difficulty of landing the ability coupled with the insane base cooldown is so restrictive he always gets pushed to tower.

Veigar's W has a 1.2 second cast time on a 10 second cooldown. The base damage is 120 / 170 / 220 / 270 / 320 (+ 100% AP. That is pretty good, but considering the difficulty of the move it needs to be this high.

Let's contrast this with Ziggs Q. Ziggs Q does 75 / 120 / 165 / 210 / 255 (+ 65% AP) but the cooldown goes from 6 seconds to 4 seconds. The ability is also considerably easier to use. This means Ziggs at level four can now get off 2.5 Q's per every one Veigar W.

This is the problem. He has no reliable way to stop from getting pushed to tower, poked and dove. Max out your Q get pushed, poked and dove. Max out W get pushed, poked and dove.

My solution

Lower the cooldown on Veigar's W to allow him to compete in the current push or get dove meta. Make it a sliding scale of 10/9/8/7/6. The damage is fine but a change to the cooldown would do wonders to enabling Veigar as a competitive pick and allowing him to do his job as an anti-mage.

implying that zigg's Q is where it should be