Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

East Coast 130 Ping

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shibear Shekki

05-14-2014

uh so lately i've been getting 130 ping which is fairly okay from my regular 80 ping on the east coast.

but the 130 ping feels like im on 500+ ping which is really hard to manage any movement

is anyone else feeling this?

Keevalroy

05-14-2014

Quote:
Shibear Shekki:
uh so lately i've been getting 130 ping which is fairly okay from my regular 80 ping on the east coast.

but the 130 ping feels like im on 500+ ping which is really hard to manage any movement

is anyone else feeling this?

You're not alone. Some of us are on the forums asking what is going on. I just finished a game where the majority of the time, I had bad rubberbanding lag where everyone was teleporting all over the place.

Nephalos

05-14-2014

its packet loss. Slightly different than ping but much more annoying. Basically stuff moves around randomly and data isn't uploaded so hp bars fly up and down. Yeah this is on Riot's side even streamers are noticing it

DiESeven

05-14-2014

Queued up as Nidalee... 5 minutes in I got hit with a spike up to 130 ping and insane powerpoint presentation style game play... It was painful. But we still somehow won.

Luna Scars

05-14-2014

I have a post that no one commented on called 2 bar lag, where it shows you have 2 bar, but it's still horrific lag. That means it's server lag. I just lost a rank game where i couldn't even use my ult. A loss prevented would be nice, but it probably wont happen. This happens like once a week. Sometimes i get lucky and my team carries me, and other times i lose because of it.

Aboylova92

05-14-2014

yeah I'm usually around 110-120. Now around 160-170, but feels like I'm upwards of 600. Tried to play a game, and at least half of the people in the game had similar experiences, with some frequently DCing. Not the best experience to play under, hope they fix it, but until then, guess I'll be doing something else. Thank God it's nice out.

Pirate Mabes

05-14-2014

I also am experiencing crazy lag... AND could not use my summoner spells mid way through my last game! Which was a ranked game... we lost... and it still counted? Sigh. Guess I am frustrated. I am working hard to get out of Bronze.... but this is not helping me succeed. =(

Sherryuken

05-14-2014

I'm glad i found this thread, I was wondering if it was just me. Just in the past few days my ping has been higher than normal. Team fights are a weird blur of freezing for a second and then everyone's abilities all happening at once.

I hope this is resolved soon!

Luna Scars

05-14-2014

Quote:
Aboylova92:
yeah I'm usually around 110-120. Now around 160-170, but feels like I'm upwards of 600. Tried to play a game, and at least half of the people in the game had similar experiences, with some frequently DCing. Not the best experience to play under, hope they fix it, but until then, guess I'll be doing something else. Thank God it's nice out.

It's 94F here.

TenSlashTen

05-14-2014

you delt with what I delt with towards in the end of s3 on this account.
Fun isnt it?
says 100+ plays like 500+

I think its a combo of ISP/RIOT/DDOS but none of these issues are being fixed so it just adds up over time to be a huge lag issue when you want to play.