the climb out of bronze

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

biggybur

05-14-2014

I'd just like to share my experience of climbing out of bronze. After my placements in s4 I was placed in b2, and for about 4-5 months of playing after around 350 games I still found myself going between b3 and b2 occasionally dropping to b4 and sometimes up to b1, however in the passed week I've been able to get from b3 all the way to s3! Currently in promos for s2 (hopefully win them tonight)

wana know how I did it? I simply picked up udyr. Udyr is a freaking beast in solo queue.

feel free to share which champions have helped you carry out of low elo!

MicKretz

05-14-2014

ya, i always said, "scary udyr and he doesnt even need items to be scary"

gratz bro on ur way out, someday i wanna learn him
(but my next champ has gotta be lee sin)

Teysa Karlovv

05-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggybur View Post
I'd just like to share my experience of climbing out of bronze. After my placements in s4 I was placed in b2, and for about 4-5 months of playing after around 350 games I still found myself going between b3 and b2 occasionally dropping to b4 and sometimes up to b1, however in the passed week I've been able to get from b3 all the way to s3! Currently in promos for s2 (hopefully win them tonight)

wana know how I did it? I simply picked up udyr. Udyr is a freaking beast in solo queue.

feel free to share which champions have helped you carry out of low elo!
I'm working on climbing and getting a feel for it again: Honestly Vayne has been my pick, if not I pick Diana. Udyr is so scary though.

Whoa There Betsy

05-14-2014

I've found that ADC janna really takes the cake for carrying low elos. That and support poppy.

knowntopwn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-14-2014

I mostly carried by playing adc. Any popular adc at the moment will work at least up until gold from my experience. Other roles such as mid or top are only okay if they kill towers quick/can push easily.

For low elo I feel like it's less of just going ham on "op" champions or meta pick but stuff that can push and solo carry are key, adc's like ezreal are fine for pushing and self kiting. Anything without a built in gap closer is a relatively bad idea in comparison (aside a few champions) for adc. Basically what i'm trying to say is go in expecting the absolute worst from your team because in all likelyhood thats what you will get. Don't rage about it just understand that it's bound to happen more often than not especially in a low elo game. They don't even realize the mistakes they make and they will not ever listen to you if you tell them.

Personally I think you cannot count on another bronze player to know or understand anything about pushing at correct times/taking towers/dragons/warding/teamfighting etc... While smurfing to see if I can get back out of bronze again I have to say I am finding it extremely difficult to get past the bronze2/1 stages for some unknown reason yet. I'm stuck on that account and on this account i'm barely able to keep silver 2 for long. I don't really understand the ranking system this season though lol.

knowntopwn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-14-2014

Ooops thought you were in bronze still, either way the information is still relatively decent for silver.

Teysa Karlovv

05-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoa There Betsy View Post
I've found that ADC janna really takes the cake for carrying low elos. That and support poppy.

I AGEEE WITH SUPPORT POPPY 100% He isn't bullsh´tting you.

Whoa There Betsy

05-14-2014

But only with Vayne.

whiteninjaa

05-14-2014

One game from promos for silver 2! Went from bronze 1 to this in a few days with warwick

biggybur

05-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoa There Betsy View Post

Not to sure about the adc janna, but support poppy sounds pretty good, she has a great dash ability to peal for adc, im interested tho how would you build support poppy? Most poppy's ive seen build glass cannon full ad, ult the enemy support and just deal as much damage as they can while unkillable so what do you build with her as a support?

I've seen many other good picks, i've lost a fair amount of games against warwicks so i might try that out, i also recently tried out xin for my first time and found myself carryingt he first game i ever played with him, so i'll practise him some more and see what i can do!