Give Moderators Credibility: Tell us why threads are Closed/Moved/Deleted

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lol r u srs

05-13-2014

Name:  ss (2014-05-11 at 04.36.35).jpg
Views: 224
Size:  28.1 KB

There is no, absolutely NO REASON why you should give the community beta this privilege but not to the forums.

I don't care if you guys like Reddit 2.0 better, majority of your community prefers here. Forum moderators have no credibility at all. People even invented the phrase "Mods are Murder" for that sole reason. If Riot is going to require their moderators to explain why certain posts are closed/moved/deleted in the community beta, they should be doing the same here. This goes in the same regard on why people are banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zastie View Post
This is the problem, a temp ban should look like this: "You broke X rule, so we're giving you a heads up not to do it again." When that happens, they're trying to get you to behave, by saying what you did wrong so you can improve. If you continue to a perma ban, it should mean this: "You went too far, and we're not going to allow you to post here any longer. You've forever been banned." A perma ban is meant to be like killing someone/life sentence in jail without parol, they can't be trusted at all anymore and most be removed from the place where they misbehaved.

Now, this is what a temp ban looks like on GD: "You have been banned for violating the summoner's code." ...And that's it, there's no room for growth, reflection, or reviewing what you did wrong. It's just a slap on the wrist. Here's what a GD perma ban is: "You have been banned for violating the summoner's code." Whoop, thanks for letting me know what I did wrong officer. Oh well, time to just make a smurf, and negate the whole purpose of the ban!

Maximum Ike

05-13-2014

Jesus Christ Riot, are you joking?
~~

12fingerJIM

05-13-2014

Hell, I'd be fine if they just had automated messages emailed to you with an actual reason for being banned. Not just saying "you violated the summoner's code you're on your own to figure out how"...

LeveI5syndrome

05-13-2014

So are you the dark knight or not?

universe within

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-13-2014

If you make excellent threads like I do, you never have to worry about mods closing or moving your thread.

Only people who make bad threads have to worry.

ZeroAgainst

05-13-2014

do ppl even use that community beta?

Zastie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-13-2014

This would be a great step in the right direction Riot.

TempName45679

05-13-2014

ITT nerds

Jean Never Wins

05-13-2014

riot is perfectly capable of sticking a post at the top of the thread explaining why the thread was closed

lol r u srs

05-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by universe within View Post
If you make excellent threads like I do, you never have to worry about mods closing or moving your thread.

Only people who make bad threads have to worry.
Meanwhile universe within last month: Why did you guys move my Fiora appreciation thread!! I WANT A REASON WHY :^)