Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Trick2g Madstone?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GOATgoinHAM

06-12-2014

bump

Apakakuta

Recruiter

06-12-2014

it can be beneficial if you use it properly

MightySamIAm

07-05-2014

OMG MADSTONE IS SO OP! As Udyr, YI, and Xin i can solo dragon (without using ult) with this build. In the Jungle wait to back until you have about 1.2k,so you can buy spirit stone, madreds, a ward,and a few pots. After that go strait to dragon and solo it, if not already taken. Plz use this build its so op (unless your on the enemy team when im playing :P)

ColinFly

08-27-2014

I've truly upped my jungle game with goin' madstone on master yi. More than half the time I don't even need any kind of boots to jump in and participate in ganks since master yi's base movement speed is pretty hefty.
Getting feral flare at 15 mins in and dominating enemy team with a lot jungle presence is well worth the small amount of extra money you have to spend.

ColinFly

08-28-2014

Granted, you do need to make sure you have a competent team that can lane well against the enemy team and doesn't 100% absolutely need your ganks to function, which can be a pain when playing with randoms.

EndlessSorcerer

08-28-2014

Madstone has its uses, but I would definitely base the decision on my team. If you get Madred's Razor and Spirit Stone, you don't really have many combat stats and so you don't want to be fighting champions. I see too many Udyrs go madstone, then die during early ganks because they are to squishy and don't do much damage.

If you have a team with several late game champions, you may be better just ganking for them early to try and get them ahead or keep them even instead. If you get farmed with madstone but the enemy jungler crushes your lanes, you probably can't carry it. Just, see how the game is going before your first back and decide whether you can afford to farm jungle pretty much exclusively until 15 minutes.

ColinFly

08-28-2014

I agree, I always try and let my teammates know that I won't be available a whole lot for ganks in the early game and ask if they're cool with that.

CoffeePower

09-02-2014

Madstone is really, really good on junglers who have respectable early game clear times. Early game, it allows you to run dragon stupid early, get feral quickly and stay in jungle forever. Mid/late game you'll have Feral built with multiple stacks and if you ever get low on hp, you run a few camps and you're at full hp and mana again.

Worth every penny.

OrbitaI

09-02-2014

Please, its for perma sustain. You farm up and get nice objectives

SplitPaw

10-02-2014

It is broken as hell. Your clear speed is so fast that you can get a feral flare by like 12 minutes and farm until you have like 3 full built items (by 20 minutes) its really broken, and riot needs to fix it.