Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Trick2g Madstone?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LilxPaprika

05-30-2014

As a jungler boots are better as a second item to increase your map presence. If you have that much difficulty farming your jungle and conserving mana then your champion choice build needs reexamining. The only champion I can see it maybe working on would be udyr but even then.

Map presence gets you kills. Being there to counter gank or even holding a lane when a champion needs to back. Will get you much farther ahead then clearing jungle faster. And it will prevent enemy team from getting towers and think teice before diving your team.

The Null Revolt

05-30-2014

Quote:
LilxPaprika:
As a jungler boots are better as a second item to increase your map presence. If you have that much difficulty farming your jungle and conserving mana then your champion choice build needs reexamining. The only champion I can see it maybe working on would be udyr but even then.

Map presence gets you kills. Being there to counter gank or even holding a lane when a champion needs to back. Will get you much farther ahead then clearing jungle faster. And it will prevent enemy team from getting towers and think teice before diving your team.

Assuming your team doesn't suck, madstone build would be a superior choice as theres less opportunity for ganking or defending. Map presence wouldn't be needed, so your farm would need to increase to make up for that.

Raith alghul

06-03-2014

It's only worth it if you know what you're doing, if you can farm a lot and still apply pressure with a possible item disadvantage then go for it, if not then just go for spirit stone. it's pretty much just 700 gold for a faster feral flare, since you can farm the jungle faster.

Hextech Revolver

06-04-2014

It's better than many give it credit for. Spirit stone resells for 490 so you're only out 210 gold in the long run. I don't recommended it in low elo. Players don't know how to avoid feeding when behind in low elo. People are also much more likely to afk and spam ping for ganks you can't give them when you're madstone.

Raith alghul

06-04-2014

Quote:
BladeofCrimson:
It's better than many give it credit for. Spirit stone resells for 490 so you're only out 210 gold in the long run. I don't recommended it in low elo. Players don't know how to avoid feeding when behind in low elo. People are also much more likely to afk and spam ping for ganks you can't give them when you're madstone.

You can still gank with madstone, you just need to know how, I've been 2 levels down and still successfully counter ganked, you just need to know how much damage you can do/take and play within those limits, let your team mate deal the damage and tank some of the hits if they can and then go heal up in the jungle.

Dizzhi

06-05-2014

I almost build madstone for everyone. Malph is my fav to do it with. I get my wiggles then go farm for boots + enchant which is incredibly quick. If my laners leave lane Ill push a wave or 2 then continue into the jungle. Keeping my buffs on timers. So I get them right when the pop or a few seconds later.

The time i come out of jungle is after a lane has taken a tower or killed an opponent then I help push the tower. And back into the jungle. If I see 4 mid I push bot or top hard till I get an enemy coming for me. then proceed to disappear into the jungle. I sell my spirit stone or madreds only when I have enough for my last item.

IMO the madstone is a must for AD champs in the jungle.

GoatP Hades

06-06-2014

only do it on udyr

Raith alghul

06-06-2014

Quote:
GoatP Hades:
only do it on udyr

It woks on more champions than just Udyr, Nocturn can do it pretty well, Wu Kong behefits from it, Xin Zhao, any champion that auto attacks a lot and uses mana really, Kayle is another good example.

Hobbes1118

06-09-2014

Well the way I think of it is that if you can solo drag at lvl 5 or 6 after madstone then you just got 750 gold for your team, which makes it gold efficient. To me at least. And it is also super nice to have that mana sustain.

RedHotBull

06-10-2014

Quote:
GOATgoinHAM:
Is it worth buying Maedreds and spirit stone?

Look It is not bad to buy mad stone but just know the risk's. You have to literally farm in the jungle non stop because of the extra money the spirit stone costs (Only do mad stone if you are going feral flare) and if you get counter jungled your screwed. but you are delaying your build by 700g but you get crazy jungle sustain. to me it is worth on VERY few champs. don't go getting this on freakin elise jungle cuz you will NEVER go feral flare on her.