Admin abuse Psyconic hero

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Schadadle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2011

Look at the score. 3-3-10 on Ezreal. How can this be constituted as trolling at all? This seriously needs some review by Riot.

His team only has 21 kills and with 10 assists and 3 kills, he's participated in over half of them. Not to mention that the game, from what I can see of the minimap, is still fairly close. Just speculation here, but the the guy who banned him was way out of line.

Spymethyl Crabide

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2011

I get emotionally banned too

Shaella

01-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schadadle View Post
Look at the score. 3-3-10 on Ezreal. How can this be constituted as trolling at all? This seriously needs some review by Riot.
apparently this kid went AFK in a game with a Riot employee, and is surprised he gets banned

ScubaSeal

01-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecofriendly View Post
Sounds like admin abuse to me, seems like a huge power trip I would like to see action taken towards this.
Seems like you need to figure out the whole story before you yell "Uber admin hacks!"

GaspingTruth

01-16-2011

EDIT: There has not been any confirmation as to what has happened to the Riot Intern/Council Member. As such, it is POSSIBLE that Riot has taken some action against the person in question. Please respect the company's competence and stop posting things like "OMG RIOT SO RTARDED DONT PUNIS DEIR OWN PPLZ"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byakku View Post
i would agree in real life but this is the internetz that happens every 10m or less pretty much.
Exactly. It is unfair that just because he performed some 'poor performance incident' in ONE game that coincidentally or otherwise contained one or more RIOT emplyees and/or affilates, that he receives a one month ban, whereas others who are just as jerkish or worse than the OP are able to get away unscathed after many reports from different players, and even then, only after having his case being 'reviewed' by a customer service TEAM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyonicHero View Post
The whole story is this.

Somebody told me to pick Shen since I was Captain.

So I got the Shen and then everybody insta locked as some other Champion and I was stuck with him. We had no jungle so I decided to stick with it and try to jungle.

The guy proceeds to call me bad all game and during one point. I was pushing top lane, my ultimate was down, they incited a teamfight at dragon and before they engaged I told them my ult was down and I was too far to help. They fought anyways and died. I pushed to the 2nd tower and got it down to half health. The EZ, Yiipp, told me I was bad and to stop playing Shen and that I was the worst Shen ever. I told him to stop. He didn't. I told him he needed to stop calling me bad. He wouldn't. I told him my Ult was down and he said ok my ult down forever. and he purposefully did not join the next team fight, instead he sat at a tower.

I will admit at this point I was getting a tad frustrated at the team fights thus far but Ez kept egging me on.

I told him I would ban him if he didn't stop.

He kept egging me on. So I told him that he was banned. He said who the **** are you. I said to look me up. He said to go **** myself. I said you're still banned kid. As you could see my frustration showed through at that point.

So I did ban him for a month at first, but I've reduced it to 2 days because that isn't fair.

That's my side of the story.
Just my 2 cents.

Firstly, nobody has 'solid' (in quotation marks) proof (yet) that he said all those bad things. Just for the record, your story is believable.

Secondly, you say that he did not purposefully join the team fight. Once again, even if it can be shown he did not join the next team fight, can it be shown he purposely did not?

Finally, I will return to my 'justice' example as outlined previous post. Assume you were not in a position to instantly ban who you claim as an offender. The likely thing to do was to report him for verbal harrassment, and/or intentional disruption of gameplay. RIOT has made it very clear in the past, that it takes multiple reports of a person for them to be even considered for punishment. Judging by his score and items, it would be unlikely for anny players on the other team to report the claimed offender for intentional disruption of gameplay, much less for verbal harrassment. Even if everyone on YOUR team sent a report in, only four reports in total would cumulate from this game. Surely that would not be enough for RIOT to constitute such a lengthy (to be fair, you did reduce the ban duration) ban IMMEDIATELY after the game ended?

Now I do not work at RIOT, or claim to have any understanding of how the system works from within, but from my position, it seems that he was unfairly treated just because you are in a position of power. Just to re-iterate, I DO NOT CLIAM TO HAVE ANY UNDERSTANDING OF HOW THE SYSTEM WORKS FROM WITHIN, although from what I have seen in this thread, the OP has been treated unfairly.

Many many times we have been told to /ignore the player and report for harrassment after the game. Why couldn't you have just done the same?

We can't leave the game whenn there is a feeder on our team. Instead, we must suck it up, ignore them and report them afterwards. We are stuck with a griefer and have no guaranteed way to remove him from the system. You hit the button.

It is unfair, for not only the claimed offender, but also the remainder of the community, that you instantly punish the claimed offender for an offense that has NOT even been confirmed, let alone reviewed. When we must ignore, report and hope and pray for the offender to be banned, and no more of their kind to be found in our games, you simply hit the button.

Whereas we have to wait for justice to be served, you can simply grab a silver plate and go find it.

You cannot hang one man, and try the other man for the same offense, and call it justice.

You cannot hang one man for shooting a police officer, and then jail another for shooting a janitor, and call it justice.

And I truly, truly hope, that in the Democratic society we all are entitled to live in, that being a large business will have your case dealt with swiftly and with much more energy than a middle-class small business owner with the same claim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corcupine View Post
Cool so if a cop shoots me, and i shoot him back, only I should get arrested, even if he shot me 1st.
^^^ tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konjiki no Yami View Post
You illiterate or what? I clearly stated harassing another player is strictly against the rules of any games. if you want to insult another player continuously after being told to stop then being banned for 2 days is the least of your worries.
There is absolutely no proof available (yet) at all that the OP verbally harrassed the Council/Intern in this game. Especially as the stream video containing this game was apparently taken off. Also, there is quite ample evidence to suggest that even if trashtalking happened, that it occurred on both parties, and there are conflicting stories as to who started it, as for whatever reason, the stream showing this game was removed. If Barack Obama cursed at a poor man on the street and the poor man insulted him back, why should Obama get out free? NOTE: This is not France

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crownface View Post
Being banned from anything without being given explicit reasoning as to why the ban was even requested in the first place is pretty awful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corcupine View Post

Riot said they don't just hand out bans, they warn, then a 1 day, weeklong ect.

He used his intern status to just flat out ban him.
Exactly abuse of power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konjiki no Yami View Post
2 days is quite short compared to the 1 month as planned..
YOU MISS THE POINT. The claimed offender should have, according to RIOT policy, been given a warning, or at the VERY MOST, a one day ban. Banning somebody directly after a game for their performance that game, regardless of the reasoning, even for two days, goes directly against RIOT policy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truhls View Post
So players get to act like this in hundreds of game and never receive a ban. He cusses once ( as by your story ) and gets banned. So he called you bad? This is a competitive game, maybe you should suck less, and not be pushing top and get your ass to dragon, considering how important it is. Your bad and should feel bad. He sat out ONE teamfight, wow. So did you, where is YOUR ban?
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...0&d=1295245706 ---> note: ezreal got banned. Shen was the bann-er.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurrealSilence View Post
I don't care if Psyonic started it, the Ezreal should have grown up and left it alone. You say that Psyonic was out of bounds, but continuing it was still not the right thing to do. They are both at fault, but the ban is still justice.
With all due respect, you miss the point entirely! YOU SAID IN YOUR POST that they are BOTH in the fault. yet you seem to think it is FAIR that only ONE of them receives the punishment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamat View Post
No. This simply is not the case. We don't give our internal tools to anyone outside of the company. For that matter, Riot employees outside of our customer service department typically don't have access to our CS tools.

I understand that there's always room to form conspiracies when the answers are black and white, but I'd ask that you give us the benefit of the doubt while we investigate what happened.
ORLY? http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...7&d=1295262537
http://ve3d.ign.com/images/78012/PC/...onicHero-Drama

Once again, just my two cents.

Schadadle

01-16-2011

Keep us posted man this has me pretty pissed.

ScubaSeal

01-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaspingTruth View Post
Exactly. It is unfair that just because he performed some 'poor performance incident' in ONE game that coincidentally or otherwise contained one or more RIOT emplyees and/or affilates, that he receives a one month ban, whereas others who are just as jerkish or worse than the OP are able to get away unscathed after many reports from different players, and even then, only after having his case being 'reviewed' by a customer service TEAM.

tl;dr, You can't send one criminal to court and execute the other one for the same crime and call it justice.
I see your point and I do agree..But I guess it's just a perk of the job? :P

Schadadle

01-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaella View Post
apparently this kid went AFK in a game with a Riot employee, and is surprised he gets banned
How AFK could he have possibly gone? He obviously got pretty farmed looking at his items and participated in over half the kills of the game. I can see no evidence of trolling by looking at his score at all. Maybe his dog needed to pee and he went AFK for like 30 seconds and then the admin was just looking for a fall guy? I wouldn't be surprised.

Response to post below me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyonicHero View Post
The whole story is this.

So I got the Shen and then everybody insta locked as some other Champion and I was stuck with him. We had no jungle so I decided to stick with it and try to jungle.

The guy proceeds to call me bad all game and during one point. I was pushing top lane, my ultimate was down, they incited a teamfight at dragon and before they engaged I told them my ult was down and I was too far to help. They fought anyways and died. I pushed to the 2nd tower and got it down to half health. The EZ, Yiipp, told me I was bad and to stop playing Shen and that I was the worst Shen ever. I told him to stop. He didn't. I told him he needed to stop calling me bad. He wouldn't. I told him my Ult was down and he said ok my ult down forever. and he purposefully did not join the next team fight, instead he sat at a tower.

I will admit at this point I was getting a tad frustrated at the team fights thus far but Ez kept egging me on.

He kept egging me on. So I told him that he was banned. He said who the **** are you. I said to look me up. He said to go **** myself. I said you're still banned kid. As you could see my frustration showed through at that point.

So I did ban him for a month at first, but I've reduced it to 2 days because that isn't fair.

So what you're saying is that you banned him for being mean and calling you bad while you turned around and treated him like an inferior for calling him "kid." And him flat our refusing to participate in a teamfight might make him bad, but you can't ban people for being bad. Riot has clearly stated this many times in the past few days with the tribunal system. And if you could, then you should ban yourself for pushing a lane while your team is preparing for a teamfight when you're ult isn't up. No matter what the reasoning for your ban on him, you did the same to a certain extent.

What I'm trying to say is - take away the ban completely unless your want to ban yourself for the same amount of time.

Corcupine

01-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaella View Post
Oh, I didn't notice your proof of any of that. How silly of me. It's so APPARENT.

MA Psyonic

01-16-2011

The whole story is this.