@Riot, its time for the faceless mods to stop.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PallasAthens

05-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamat View Post
Personally speaking, I don't think forums with that heavy a moderation footprint can breed awesome discussions. You could argue that our current methods doesn't either, but I feel like it makes more sense for a moderation footprint to be seen by the offender only.

Can you imagine what the forums would look like if we took a more aggressive approach and had moderators post comments whenever we touched something? I don't think that would be better.
So since you're here, I have a very...um....rule oriented question. So that dragon that Braum um, bans in his lore, is he a, um, future....skin....for....someone who isn't banned..constantly? >____>

Furi Kuri II

05-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueObjectivity View Post
Please upvote me if you would like mods to post saying why they did it whenever they close a gd thread or remove a post from one, and please downvote me if you think that would be worse than how it is now.
I would, but this isn't YouTube.

Jikker

05-13-2014

Quote:
Personally speaking, I don't think forums with that heavy a moderation footprint can breed awesome discussions. You could argue that our current methods doesn't either, but I feel like it makes more sense for a moderation footprint to be seen by the offender only.

Can you imagine what the forums would look like if we took a more aggressive approach and had moderators post comments whenever we touched something? I don't think that would be better.
Yet the other forums had this sort of approach and I felt they were better. We had spam, but rarely inappropriate content. Forum mods participated in and encouraged discussion. They had chat lounges where people could chill and talk without having to make a bunch of threads for random discussions. It was a much better community and I think that the clever, kind, enthusiastic forum mods facilitated a lot of this. I really think that Riot should consider not only having players assist in moderation, but having much more communication. Players can't say "mods are murder" when that person is someone they know and possibly respect. There would also be no doubt as to reason of lock/move because a reason would be given

Maximum Haruka

05-13-2014

highlander and lucian e threads

never forget

SirFluffz

05-13-2014

My account was permabanned first offense no warning no reason given and the only thread i ever made on that account was one complaining about wukong.
I never replied to threads either.
****ing srs?

Winterzmaulz

05-13-2014

Quote:

I actually disagree with you on this point. Having spent plenty of time on other forums that favor a heavy mod footprint, for example SOE's forums, it actually seems to make the community RESPECT the moderators more. All you need is to give the mods acounts that are named, for example, RIOT MOD 1, RIOT MOD 2, etc etc. Dump the facelessness, give the mods a real presence, and actively deal with troll threads, OT threads in a very visible manner. Go nazi mode on these forums with that, and generate RESPECT for the mods. Thats what this forum lacks. RESPECT for the mods.

VelNyeScienceEye

05-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum Haruka View Post
highlander and lucian e threads

never forget
I still wished the "Can't killean the Zilean" threads would have took off. I got banned for re-posting that video and calling the mods murder in question of why the original thread got locked.

Kisa Merula

05-13-2014

it was only a 3 day ban...get over it

could of been a 3 week or month ban

DarkvolcanReborn

05-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterzmaulz View Post
I actually disagree with you on this point. Having spent plenty of time on other forums that favor a heavy mod footprint, for example SOE's forums, it actually seems to make the community RESPECT the moderators more. All you need is to give the mods acounts that are named, for example, RIOT MOD 1, RIOT MOD 2, etc etc. Dump the facelessness, give the mods a real presence, and actively deal with troll threads, OT threads in a very visible manner. Go nazi mode on these forums with that, and generate RESPECT for the mods. Thats what this forum lacks. RESPECT for the mods.
I'm gonna have to disagree.
Heavy moderation has deteriorated some of the forums I used to frequent.

The WoW forums, for instance, have next to no discussion anymore. Everything is a "rate my xmog" or "what would you do if..." type of threads. The days of "omfg balance this game" ended. And although "omfg just do ur job" isn't really productive, it at least hinted at some change needing to take place. But it seems like they gave up there.

Another forum that's "respectful" are the RuneScape forums. Those are absolutely flooded with wannabe mods copy/pasting things the golds said, and threads that even suggest that abilities are imbalanced are treated as "unnecessary flaming"

Power hungry mods just destroy things and push them into a state of compliance.

Fluttuhshy

05-13-2014

Quote:
I know dude, we feel ya. We love these forums, but we've simply outgrown them. We're not pushing the new platform because we think the technology is really cool (we do btw), we're doing it because we need to.
Is Riot full of liberals? Why are you pushing your filthy agenda down everyone elses throats? Reddit is beyond a chore to fckin read. On top of the mentality it breeds. (god forbid) Even more hivemind individuals, all it's going to be is overused puns at the top, while unpopular opinions near the bottom.

Quote:

It would be better. More accountability as well as there is no real reason to hide it. Have the mods actually do something other then close unwarranted threads for a change.