Braum and Yasuo both have projectile blocks

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pentakill Prince

05-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
We've got no plans for any additional projectile blocking walls at the moment. They do add interesting gameplay but, as with any mechanic, use on multiple kits does weaken how distinctive an experience they allow the champions with them to offer. With some mechanics that's not an issue, since things like damage, mobility, sustain etc are basic building blocks. With effects this impactful, that contribute significantly to a champion's identity, however sparing use is much more appropriate. In this particular case we felt confident using projectile blocking a second time in quick succession was a good choice however, given the way you think about and use the abilities in question is very different as Braum than as Yasuo. The thematics/mechanics fit on a champion with a giant shield and a protective, helpful attitude also proved to be an extremely good match.
Inb4 spell reflection.

Jannas Thong

05-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS1d6d3ffc5d25bf1bdf6f0 View Post
I for one love Riot trying out new, dynamic, skill based abilities and hope Riot doesn't crumple to the blithering complaints of the lower echelon and end up gutting these two.
They aren't skill based. You hit one button like every other skill and the skill (especially in this instance) does ALL the work for you.

Stop pretending like putting down wind-wall or throwing up braums gigantic shield takes any skill whatsoever.

IS1d6d3ffc5d25bf1bdf6f0

05-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jannas Thong View Post
They aren't skill based. You hit one button like every other skill and the skill (especially in this instance) does ALL the work for you.
Yes, but they offer require quick timing and clever placement, which is good. Saying "you hit a button like every other skill" doesn't really end up meaning anything.

Jannas Thong

05-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS1d6d3ffc5d25bf1bdf6f0 View Post
Yes, but they offer require quick timing and clever placement, which is good. Saying "you hit a button like every other skill" doesn't really end up meaning anything.
Haha, no.

They offer quick timing if you hold them for a specific counter. Otherwise they offer a full-block on a lot of skills.

Also, timing is kind of irrelevant because if you throw down the projectile resistance at the same time as the projectile you got your block. If not you tend to just "block others".

Edit: I also left out the fact that projectile engages (Ashe ulti) have to be on a constant guard to your regular skill...regardless of timing.

Splurged

05-13-2014

Wow first time a red posted in my thread.

Fomorian27

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-13-2014

I guess what certainlyt said in one forum thread is right: the game grows naturally in the direction it hasn't grown before. He was talking about why so many mobile champs were being released when the older champs were some of the most nonmobile, but the same applies with other cool mechanics.

Secretnir

05-13-2014

Quote:
We've got no plans for any additional projectile blocking walls at the moment. They do add interesting gameplay but, as with any mechanic, use on multiple kits does weaken how distinctive an experience they allow the champions with them to offer. With some mechanics that's not an issue, since things like damage, mobility, sustain etc are basic building blocks. With effects this impactful, that contribute significantly to a champion's identity, however sparing use is much more appropriate. In this particular case we felt confident using projectile blocking a second time in quick succession was a good choice however, given the way you think about and use the abilities in question is very different as Braum than as Yasuo. The thematics/mechanics fit on a champion with a giant shield and a protective, helpful attitude also proved to be an extremely good match.
No offense, I just hope this isn't something people are quoting in a year and going "remember this, Riot?" Sadly, that's happened many times before where the dev team seemed extremely cognizant of certain issues (say, mobility creep) and yet the creep accelerated in the champion designs anyhow.

One projectile blocking wall leading into another champ with a MOVABLE one certainly feels like creep, so I can see why people worry.

Btw, randomly, is there a poster somewhere at Riot in the design room that says "If Cait's ult EVER hits its intended target, God kills a puppy?"

Katasumai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-13-2014

Quote:
We've got some exploratory stuff going on with Zilean at the moment, when that'll actually translate into concrete changes is hard to say though, number of other champion updates (visual and/or gameplay) ahead of him for now. Replacing his passive with something more engaging's highly likely though. I also agree he's currently too dependent on double bombing a target, particularly in lane, which leads to him falling off significantly in impact as the game progresses since he's got all of his base damage by level 9, another thing we'll probably change.
So going out on a total school girl moment (I'm a guy) but I'm super excited that you replied to me Meddler! Thank you you're super awesome! But it sounds like you're all keeping very busy which I like hearing that! I'm looking forward to future changes to the game and play style as well as more new to come champions.

I know everyone gives you guys a ton of **** for what you all try to do and I know you're doing your best! Keep it up!

(Long time player and loved the game since season 1)

Rhavness

06-02-2014

Quote:
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...20132#46320132

TLDR: Still working on him, long way off though. Initial approach we were exploring didn't hit the mark and we'd much rather be good, but slow, than produce something quickly that doesn't do the concept justice.
Like the Champion I was waiting for like ages and was so excited about her concept and the result was visually so bad? Like just anyone that hears "THE WINGS OF DEMACIA" and got Quinn :/ so rushed, you guys should have waited a bit more and got a better splash art and be more creative, summoning a bird to fight is lame, it would be more badass to let her mount Valor unleash 2 swords, but well we got her at the end :/