Braum and Yasuo both have projectile blocks

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jaymoon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
Intended. Spells with a travel time and direction (non Z axis, so not just straight up/down) will be blocked unless they've got enough height to go off the screen basically (off the top of the head Xerath's and Ziggs' ults are the only ones in that category).
I've seen the "off the screen" explanation before, but I believe Yasuo (and probably Braum) can destroy a Rumble ult, even though the missiles are falling straight down from the sky. I'm sure it has to do with how the ability is coded, but visually it's very confusing. :-(

Xyltin

05-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandaari View Post
Yasuo can't, so I don't think Braum can either. I'm pretty sure Malphite's ultimate counts as an uninterruptible dash rather than a projectile.
Uniterruptable with the exeption of Ahri's charm. Bug, but Riot never wanted to fix it.

Alice Twilight

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-13-2014

Quote:
We've got some exploratory stuff going on with Zilean at the moment, when that'll actually translate into concrete changes is hard to say though, number of other champion updates (visual and/or gameplay) ahead of him for now. Replacing his passive with something more engaging's highly likely though. I also agree he's currently too dependent on double bombing a target, particularly in lane, which leads to him falling off significantly in impact as the game progresses since he's got all of his base damage by level 9, another thing we'll probably change.
It might help if he actually had a W instead of a button that could be replaced by lowering his cooldowns and changing the way his bombs work a little.

DefNotKessler

05-13-2014

Quote:
Intended. Spells with a travel time and direction (non Z axis, so not just straight up/down) will be blocked unless they've got enough height to go off the screen basically (off the top of the head Xerath's and Ziggs' ults are the only ones in that category).
Ziggs ult can actually be blocked, if you stand roughly in the center and cast wind wall on the direction the ult was thrown, it's blocked.

DefNotKessler

05-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyltin View Post
Uniterruptable with the exeption of Ahri's charm. Bug, but Riot never wanted to fix it.
While Malph ult cant be stopped by wind wall or unbreakable, unbreakable does stop the damage(and i THINK the cc) from harming braum if malph ult is the first blocked attack.

Jannas Thong

05-13-2014

Quote:
We've got no plans for any additional projectile blocking walls at the moment. They do add interesting gameplay but, as with any mechanic, use on multiple kits does weaken how distinctive an experience they allow the champions with them to offer. With some mechanics that's not an issue, since things like damage, mobility, sustain etc are basic building blocks. With effects this impactful, that contribute significantly to a champion's identity, however sparing use is much more appropriate. In this particular case we felt confident using projectile blocking a second time in quick succession was a good choice however, given the way you think about and use the abilities in question is very different as Braum than as Yasuo. The thematics/mechanics fit on a champion with a giant shield and a protective, helpful attitude also proved to be an extremely good match.
They don't add "interesting" game play. In fact they contribute to non-interesting game play. If you think these projectile blocking takes even a shred of skill, you are wrong. They are easy-mode abilities that contribute nothing but nerfs to other champions (lol ashe arrow blocked by yasuo wind-wall, real smart). You are essentially nerfing already underplayed champions with this type of garbage.

Just be honest and say you are out of other skill ideas, so you had to take a completely new route, which is broken. Yasuo is broken and Braum is BEYOND BROKEN.

Thematics mean nothing. Are you really still basing champions on thematics? Like REALLY?

Edit: With every down vote without a well thought out response I get to enjoy a free laugh.

Dryad Soraka

05-13-2014

yasuo should've never been released with windwall tbh

RadiantWings

05-13-2014

Question for Riot

We have spells that don't actually look like or feel like a projectile is actually necessary, yet they are. I'm talking about things that fire off really fast like Vel'koz Void Rift or Lulu's enemy Whimsy cast. If those two were nearly instant or slightly delayed, they'd have practically the same effect but with the benefit of NOT being a projectile and canceled out by these abilities.

Because of this, are you guys consciously designing around champions and their projectiles or are you just going "oh this seems to make more sense as a projectile" and ignoring the ramifications it has on their kit vs. these new projectile blockers?

Zell333

05-13-2014

As an AP Ezreal user, Windwall completely ****s every single one of his abilities. I hate it all the time, but I think it's possible to get around it with his flash E. Just gotta outplay him depending on where he puts the wall. On a sidenote, does it still block Viktor's lazor? That bug (if it's a bug, dear god I hope it wasn't intended) should really get fixed soon ;-;

<--Viktor main. It's rare that I see Yasuo as Viktor, but it's still annoying if and when it happens.

IS1d6d3ffc5d25bf1bdf6f0

05-13-2014

I for one love Riot trying out new, dynamic, skill based abilities and hope Riot doesn't crumple to the blithering complaints of the lower echelon and end up gutting these two.