Braum and Yasuo both have projectile blocks

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Noric

05-13-2014

Any word on whether something will be done about erasing projectiles that are not entire behind these walls (like a rumble ult that is mostly in front)

Hetchy

05-13-2014

Big projectile-blocking walls should be ultimate abilities. It's ridiculous that Braum's shield is a basic ability, same for Yasuo.

mi ramfan

05-13-2014

Wind Wall type abilities have been a necessary niche for a while now because of all the powerful killshot champions (coughNIDALEEcough).

I still hope there's not too many of them.

Kriterian

05-13-2014

What we need is something even more powerful. Like an intergalactic racket sportsman with a laser paddle that can knock back projectiles.

Graven

05-13-2014

Ok, since everyone is asking about everthing now...

Is there anything new on Viktor's passive upgrade that was supposed to come?(Solcrushed...)

NA Darklarik

05-13-2014

Thanks for the Reply Meddler. And the link to the full thread, will read.

Thivus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-13-2014

what about a champion who can literally reflect projectiles back to their direction of origin

Mandaari

05-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcane Ezreal View Post
Ah, also now the real question. Can his shield stop Malphite? :^)
Yasuo can't, so I don't think Braum can either. I'm pretty sure Malphite's ultimate counts as an uninterruptible dash rather than a projectile.

Iceoh

05-13-2014

@Meddler

I don't hang around the forums very often, so I may have missed it. Is it intended to have x/y axis non travel time abilities (see lux ult, vel'koz ult, potentially Lucian Q and other abilities) go through the shield? It is rather misleading if it is intended >_>

Did a game last night where my braum tried shielding a velkoz ult, and it just went through and killed our team. Same thing happened with a lux ult (although it was at a weird 45 degree angle from the lux, so that may be an exception).

Xyltin

05-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
We've got no plans for any additional projectile blocking walls at the moment. They do add interesting gameplay but, as with any mechanic, use on multiple kits does weaken how distinctive an experience they allow the champions with them to offer. With some mechanics that's not an issue, since things like damage, mobility, sustain etc are basic building blocks. With effects this impactful, that contribute significantly to a champion's identity, however sparing use is much more appropriate. In this particular case we felt confident using projectile blocking a second time in quick succession was a good choice however, given the way you think about and use the abilities in question is very different as Braum than as Yasuo. The thematics/mechanics fit on a champion with a giant shield and a protective, helpful attitude also proved to be an extremely good match.
For Braum it creates interesting szenarios cause he only blocks or reduces the dmg and takes the projectiles himself.

Yasuos resourceless super block on the other hand is pretty boring and too strong for a champ with that much dmg, cc, mobility and no resource. There is no real gameplay with or around it. it blocks from both sides, also when you stand in it and has a huge AOE, so that it even blocks some projectiles when you stand a bit behind it. it removes the effects from the projectiles and the dmg, ...

Braums E is way better designed for gameplay and is 1000% more fun to play with and against than Yasuos Windwall.