Braum and Yasuo both have projectile blocks

First Riot Post
123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cynicatt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSeraphi View Post
Well, in terms of a champions identity, how about you update Anivia's Crystallize to function like Wind Wall and Unbreakable then?
But it already functions as impassable terrain D:

Jaegermeifter

05-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
We've got no plans for any additional projectile blocking walls at the moment. They do add interesting gameplay but, as with any mechanic, use on multiple kits does weaken how distinctive an experience they allow the champions with them to offer. With some mechanics that's not an issue, since things like damage, mobility, sustain etc are basic building blocks. With effects this impactful, that contribute significantly to a champion's identity, however sparing use is much more appropriate. In this particular case we felt confident using projectile blocking a second time in quick succession was a good choice however, given the way you think about and use the abilities in question is very different as Braum than as Yasuo. The thematics/mechanics fit on a champion with a giant shield and a protective, helpful attitude also proved to be an extremely good match.

You gonna make any other "Global Teleport" Champions in the future? Like Shen, Tf, Nocturne?

NeoSeraphi

05-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynicatt View Post
But it already functions as impassable terrain D:
Lol I know it was a joke (That was the purpose of the emoticon...)

Level 9 Zubat

05-13-2014

Quote:
Well, in terms of a champions identity, how about you update Anivia's Crystallize to function like Wind Wall and Unbreakable then?
Yeah no, it's a different skill that does a different thing.

Cynicatt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-13-2014

Quote:
Lol I know it was a joke (That was the purpose of the emoticon...)
Oh. ^ . ^;
It's text!
You gotta go like "Lolololol JK xD" yanno. Really get the point across.

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

05-13-2014
2 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
If we buff Anivia at some point I'd much prefer we do so in a way that accentuates one of her points of distinctiveness, than homogenizing her, Braum's and Yasuo's kits a bit.

Stangel1

05-13-2014

Feels like we made Yasuo and Braum instead of nerfing Nidalee.

JackieThrobinson

05-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
If we buff Anivia at some point I'd much prefer we do so in a way that accentuates one of her points of distinctiveness, than homogenizing her, Braum's and Yasuo's kits a bit.
give her assists on her wall when an enemy touches it and dies

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

05-13-2014
3 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaegermeifter View Post
You gonna make any other "Global Teleport" Champions in the future? Like Shen, Tf, Nocturne?
We've been kicking around a few different ideas for how to do them in ways that keep the cool moments they generate without creating as many game balance issues as some of them have in the past. No promises, and at the least we won't have any coming out in the short term, we're certainly not opposed to the idea though.

Hellioning

05-13-2014

I just hate those skills because I like Nami and her ultimate is a wide, slow projectile, meaning that a halfway comepetent Braum or Yasuo can completely negate my best ability. You can say 'bait out the shield!' but that's kinda hard to do when your only other option is throwing Qs and hoping one hits, and that has a decently large cooldown for most of the game.

123456 ... 7