Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Irelia = Tanky DPS?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HeroRanger

01-16-2011

What build is best for her?

Lukrezia

01-16-2011

she isn't really a tanky dps, building her as such is neglecting her other abilities

TheMonkZoolbs

01-16-2011

I always saw her as huge amounts of attack speed and maybe some flat ad for the ult...

Nayru

01-16-2011

AD all the way, rush a youmuu's and build a bloodthirster/infinity edge/cleaver/madred's next based on the enemy lineup and items.

Dr Gankenstein

01-16-2011

I stack AS and that's pretty much the end of it. I've seen her build AP and she failed, and Ive seen her built tank style to great success, but I don't know the tank build. Her W is reason enough to stack AS until ur at 2.0ish IMO.

EcksTeaSea

01-16-2011

I usually rush TF with good results most of the time so far. Theres a lot of ways you can build her, just gotta find what works for you.

Hatori Hanzo

01-16-2011

get 1 hp items just to help her squishyness as of late game

Erenia

01-16-2011

I gear her very tanky.. To be honest I dunno if it's the best way but I basically only stack tank Items, and it works nicely. I still deal decent damage to Carries and I can dive into their whole team headlong with a 63% CC reduction.

My build I have 1v5:ed their team killed their squishiest carry, then ran of.

ButterPumpkins

01-16-2011

Like any character than can utilize all of their benefits, I find Banshee's/Triforce extremely effective on Ire. Rush catalyst to help with laning (Q spam is good), then get Trinity and finish Banshee's. She ends up with decent resistances and damage output.

Xalthorn

01-16-2011

AS and a spirit visage is the way to go for me, sort of a lifesteal tanky dps... but not really.