Which support has the strongest peel?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Basic Payne

05-12-2014

Probably Janna, runner up is definitely Thresh, Alistar, Lulu, and Zyra.

FFirebrandd

05-12-2014

I would say Janna is best hands down for disengaging from the entire enemy team.
Alistar can deal with a single diver better (I think).
Lulu deals with assasins in such a way that they get killed not just simply knocked away.

bigbirdfudge

05-12-2014

Looking at Braum's kit (and pecks) he's gotta have the best peel but i feel that janna and lulu are up there.

Gespens

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-12-2014

Janna > Ali > Thresh = Lulu

Fredo Corleone

05-12-2014

alistar or thresh... Alistar is my fav for 2v2,,, leo engages?

Head butt adc away pulv leo and run away

takeshi85

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-12-2014

I'd guess Alistar, with two uncounterable CC's, one being impossible to miss

But Janna is also up there with two uncounterable CC's and a slow. But you can miss one of them.

I'd probably give it to Janna, even though Alistar is my favorite support.

Haven't tried Braum, so I can't say anything about him

Buggy300

Recruiter

05-12-2014

My list and reasons
1) Janna - AOE knock back pretty much negates anyone who uses a gap closer. AOE tornado is very strong when timed correctly. Janna's shield is the strongest part about her kit since it will bait so many enemies into believing they can kill your carry. Unfortunately she has no damage to back up her peel.
2) Zyra - Very similar to Janna but her AOE is a delayed knock up and not an instant knock back which means enemies with gap closers can still easily destroyer your carry. She has significantly better damage than Janna and has slightly better catch capabilities with her E. She has no real defense against gap closers though.
2.5) Lulu - Basically the same as Zyra but has a better initiation combo when someone dives in and she ults them. Easier to use than Zyra but I feel Lulu is even weaker against gap closers than Zyra. Lulu is probably better against non gap closers since her Glitter Lance is annoying.
3) Thresh - Basically Lulu without the range. Box is stupid if you don't have a gap closer. Flay is brutally against both but most people can't use it properly against gap closers. Thresh's biggest advantage is the pick potential he offers Death Sentence. Also his lantern could be counted as a pseudo peel assuming he is further from the enemy but this basically means your carry got caught.
4) Alistar - He could potentially have the best peel but the long cooldowns and small size makes it bad in comparison with the others. The knock back is strong but it is only single target and once again long cooldown.

Inciflahrdus

05-12-2014

Mordekaiser. Death is the best form of CC. Hue.

DotEleven

05-12-2014

Janna is absolutely number 1 when it comes to peel, there is no doubt.

Jeaven

05-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFirebrandd View Post
I would say Janna is best hands down for disengaging from the entire enemy team.
Alistar can deal with a single diver better (I think).
Lulu deals with assasins in such a way that they get killed not just simply knocked away.
Janna flashes into the middle of the enemy team's frontline > Ults > shoves enemy team all over the place > team picks out the ones shoved to them > drop Q and safely run away.