Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Gold Player LF"Sparring" Partner (Mid)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

1stplaceAlways

05-12-2014

Looking for someone to practice mid champions with as an alternative to normal games. The "ideal" play for many champions falls relatively in the same category post-laning phase, following the role of the class (I'm aware a Leblanc might have different goals compared to a Karthus). So I'd like to practice the laning phase of champions I'm not use to playing. Additionally, This comes with the benefit of one mistake not potentially ruining the entire laning phase (I.e. Leading to a death, or two, on an assassin that allows them to bully you out of lane or combo you 100-0). Mistakes can be easily identified through multiple means (Self-knowledge, talking to the other person, watching a replay later on) and the game can be restarted several times to correct that mistake.

I'd rather stick to more realistic picks, so sorry if your goal is to perfect your mid skarner (Inb4 I got challenger only playing skarner in mid).

I'd like to work on my: Orianna, Twisted Fate, and Akali. I'd like the other person to have a few champions he is working on as well, to provide variety. However, not too many because my attention split between three champions would improve my laning phases on those champions dramatically faster than someone cycling through 15 champions.

Preferably looking for someone who:

• Is willing to practice a few times a week
  • Is able to practice for a couple hours at a time
  • Is a helpful/sociable player
  • Doesn't rage
  • Has decent game-knowledge
  • Is able to beat me (Note: I am in no way saying that I'm amazing or great at the game, but if either person is consistently winning in several different match-ups, he's not necessarily learning as much as there is potential for)
  • Is able to use Skype occasionally (And has a decent mic)

Never seen posts similar to this one, albeit I haven't looked very hard, and hope there is at least a few people interested in this.

If you want to post something on this thread, in the event I already find someone with similar goals, there may be other people who would like to play with you

Overpowered

05-12-2014

Add me in-game, I have experience with this and could help.

KirasNote

05-13-2014

I've recently started using brand and may be looking to practice some other champions 1v1 namely syndra, fizz, and karma. I'm not dedicated to this idea but I play a lot of league as is so having someone to practice with 1v1 from time to time isn't such a bad idea. If your interested add me in game.

House AD

05-13-2014

Oooh, I'd love to lane against you if you've got the time! I'm Bronze 5 (LOL) but I've been playing LoL for a while and pretty much know how the game works...I'm apparently good enough to regularly get compliments and friend requests from high-level smurfs, but I'm not consistent enough to be able to carry a bronze team every single game. I've always thought of myself as a high-silver/low-gold level player, so I'd be really interested to see if I'm actually a decent player who's been in ELO Hell for 4 years, or if I actually deserve to be bronze

Add me if you're interested...I can play anyone you wanna work on laning against, but when it comes to mid I almost always play Yasuo or Lux.

Losin It

05-14-2014

I've been playing since day one of league, bronze ranked, tho i really haven't pushed to push high in ranks, the win 5 games, lose 1 game, and you back where you started kinda deturs me from pushing hard... lol but ya.. i like to consider myself as well as a high silver low gold player? I have many gold/plat players on my friends list that i have played with several times and they question why i'm in bronze, cuz i don't play like a bronze? but, i would love to pratice with you. I have over 2.4k wins in normals, with about that much in losses, about a 50/50 ratio. I mid with fizz, brand, annie, and ahri. hmu man if you wanna try me out. maybe we can improve eachother's gameplay

Can mid with anyone though, i own all champions, and most skins(<-doesn't matter) but shows i put time into this game.

King Kappa

05-14-2014

Plat 3 mid main

Champions:

• Xerath
  • Kassadin
  • Orianna
  • Akali
  • Cassiopeia
  • Diana
  • Zed
  • LeBlanc
  • Syndra
  • Galio
  • Lissandra

Quote:
1stplaceAlways:

Preferably looking for someone who:
  • Is willing to practice a few times a week Check
  • Is able to practice for a couple hours at a time Check
  • Is a helpful/sociable player Check
  • Doesn't rage Check
  • Has decent game-knowledge Hella check
  • Is able to beat me (Note: I am in no way saying that I'm amazing or great at the game, but if either person is consistently winning in several different match-ups, he's not necessarily learning as much as there is potential for) Probably check
  • Is able to use Skype occasionally (And has a decent mic) Check

NAL Miny

Recruiter

05-15-2014

Ive played since beta and have knowledge of most champs. I could help ya out.