Sword Of The Divine

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jersy123WOLF

05-12-2014

Just noticed this item a few days back in an ARAM game as twitch, it was part of the recommended build. Was wondering why it was never used? It seems like a good item for pushing down turrets or dueling another champ 1v1. Is it due to the passive or the fact that it give you extra damage beside crit?

Get Lucky

05-12-2014

It's pretty much core on new Rengar

Compenisator

05-12-2014

It's more of a cheese item.

SOTD Malph is hilarious though

NotBuzzJack

05-12-2014

The fact that it gives zero stats on cooldown is why people rarely use it. If you fail to kill someone with the active then you're down an entire item slot, which you really don't want as an AD carry.

TehNACHO

05-12-2014

Teamfights. At least, that's what I always thought.

Activate it too early? Okay, you get to burst down a squishy (I assume), but now you don't have your attack speed bonus for presumably the rest of the fight. Literally consuming a space in your selection of items without contributing to anything.

Activate it too late? Okay, now you've had subpar team fighting potential the entirety of the time you weren't using the active. If you check the wiki, this item is NOT gold efficient much at all without its active. In other words, plenty of gold wasted for a more consistent item that you could've gotten instead.

On another note, the more critical chance you buy, the more gold you (technically) wasted, which sucks because the two items that benefit the most with Critical Strikes, that being the Infinity Edge and Statikk Shiv, both offer Critical Chance. Even if you are able to avoid team fights to, say, split push like mad, two very powerful items for offense are now restricted, and that's just silly.

jersy123WOLF

05-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehNACHO View Post
Teamfights. At least, that's what I always thought.

Activate it too early? Okay, you get to burst down a squishy (I assume), but now you don't have your attack speed bonus for presumably the rest of the fight. Literally consuming a space in your selection of items without contributing to anything.

Activate it too late? Okay, now you've had subpar team fighting potential the entirety of the time you weren't using the active. If you check the wiki, this item is NOT gold efficient much at all without its active. In other words, plenty of gold wasted for a more consistent item that you could've gotten instead.

On another note, the more critical chance you buy, the more gold you (technically) wasted, which sucks because the two items that benefit the most with Critical Strikes, that being the Infinity Edge and Statikk Shiv, both offer Critical Chance. Even if you are able to avoid team fights to, say, split push like mad, two very powerful items for offense are now restricted, and that's just silly.
ah I see what you mean, very well written

The Spoon Dog

05-12-2014

I never realized it was 400% gold efficient with the active up. For some reason, that makes me very happy.

RoundafterRound

05-12-2014

SHHHH. Your going to get it nerfed if you let people know it exists.

Falling Objects

05-12-2014

It's cheese, but some champions (Malphite, Rengar, Twitch, Jayce) can make 'good' use of it.

Basically, if you're already ahead, it can push your lead further, but a different item probably would have done just as well (along with securing your position in case your team fell behind)