My UI Suggestions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vincere

08-22-2009

Obviously the UI has been going through a lot of changes during the beta. This current instance of the UI is the only I have seen so I don't know what it looked like before. The following are my suggestions for the UI in it's current state.

1. Put a statistic of how many last hits you have near your Kills/Deaths/Assists (or somewhere up there) for quick reference, without having to open the scoreboard. From what I have seen I don't think you can see this number anywhere, even if you open the scoreboard. If I overlooked this statistic I apologize for my ignorance.

2. This is a minor thing, but I would like it if the zoom buttons next to the minimap would gray out(or something similar) when you are at either direction's peak. e.g. If you were fully zoomed out the minus (-) button would be grayed out.

3. Put an option somewhere so that you can put your targets health bar near your own for quicker reference with one glance, as opposed to having to look down at your own, then up at your target's. Now there are those health bars that float above a players head, but sometimes it would be nice to be able to quickly compare your health bar to your enemies while also being able to see the actual health value.

New:
4. In the area of the UI where you see your passive abilities and buffs/debuffs that is similar to the status area on a hero in Warcraft 3, it would be nice if a number was displayed on top of the status effect's icon that told you how many stacks were currently on that effect. e.g. Tryndamere's Bloodlust ability, Twitch's Deadly Venom. This way you wouldn't have to put your cursor over the icon in order to see how many times the effect is stacked.

Alright that is all I have for now. I may add more to this later as I get more games under my belt. Feel free to post feedback and let me know what you all think of these changes.

BrainStein

08-22-2009

if u put all those bars together won't it add confusion of sorts?

crappish

08-22-2009

Not necessarily. I was originally about to write about that to my rant but opted to leave it out to shorten the message a bit.

You could do something that would slide out near the toolbar when you select a hero, keeping the scale and position distinct enough that the difference would be clear.

Vincere

08-22-2009

I suggest it only be put in as an option for that very reason BrainStein, I am sure some players would like it and others wouldn't. I don't think it would cause confusion, obviously it will be up to the professionals at Riot Games to make it look good and not be confusing; However, I was thinking that they could simply change the colors of the health bars a little, e.g. have the players health bar the light green that it currently is and have the enemies health bar a slightly dark green.