Want to solve top lane problems : Buff Garen

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SOyProasfasdfdsa

05-13-2014

bump

Riv3ls2

05-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtrx032 View Post
First of all, I respect and appreciate your efforts as a Rioter to make LoL the best game it can be.

But you're posting as a Garen player, right? As a silver IV Garen player?

Well, you don't know what you're talking about. Garen's scaling is horrid and aside from a handful of counter picks there is literally no reason to ever pick him in top lane. That's great that you have had some good games with him down there in carboard. But that means nothing.

Consider this: Garen is used mostly as a counterpick in higher tier play, which skews his win rate up (making him appear stronger than he is). And yet he still has a freaking 47% win rate in diamond+.

He's not "amazing". He's ****ing terrible.
you must be one of those ******* that think scaling is all about damage

A Frosty Blaze

05-13-2014

yasuo poopies on garen

US Economy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Whist View Post
As a Garen player, I disagree with buffing. He's amazing and aside from champions like Ryze and Trundle I feel I hardly struggle against any other laner.

His wave clear is just so good he can just camp at tower when behind and still clear the wave and get most of the CS despite the tower. Slowly work to lower the enemy laner's HP until it's about half when he can charge in, ignite spin and ult for the kill.

(I am posting this as my opinion as a Garen player, not as Riot's opinion on what to do with Garen)

Sorry I can not speak to any design decisions. I'm not involved in those.
Sorry but Garen isn't viable. Even Renekton outscales him mid-late game. That's sayin' something. Garen is only good level 1-6 and then falls off harder than an attack speed Soraka. Buffs are needed

Yfrappefort

05-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Whist View Post
As a Garen player, I disagree with buffing. He's amazing and aside from champions like Ryze and Trundle I feel I hardly struggle against any other laner.

His wave clear is just so good he can just camp at tower when behind and still clear the wave and get most of the CS despite the tower. Slowly work to lower the enemy laner's HP until it's about half when he can charge in, ignite spin and ult for the kill.

(I am posting this as my opinion as a Garen player, not as Riot's opinion on what to do with Garen)
I'm sorry but I just don't agree with this at all.

Can you really say that you won't struggle fighting against Teemo? Kennen? Elise? and many, many more ranged champions with just a bit of CC. Garen is far from "amazing". He's way too easy to counter and his kit only encourage passive gameplay, especially his passive. You engage with Q? Too bad, you just used your break slow and I can just CC you again and kite you to hell. You somehow got on me and use "spin to win"? Oh, I can just use minions to outrun you since you are slowed in them. You ult on me? Great, now you can't kill me for 160 secs. Free farming for a while (including you since my ult will be back 2 times before yours).

Seriously, if anything Garen need some major tweaks/buffs.

Borand

05-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yfrappefort View Post
I'm sorry but I just don't agree with this at all.

Can you really say that you won't struggle fighting against Teemo? Kennen? Elise? and many, many more ranged champions with just a bit of CC. Garen is far from "amazing". He's way too easy to counter and his kit only encourage passive gameplay, especially his passive. You engage with Q? Too bad, you just used your break slow and I can just CC you again and kite you to hell. You somehow got on me and use "spin to win"? Oh, I can just use minions to outrun you since you are slowed in them. You ult on me? Great, now you can't kill me for 160 secs. Free farming for a while (including you since my ult will be back 2 times before yours).

Seriously, if anything Garen need some major tweaks/buffs.
I think you've not played against the best Garens since you seem to think he's weak.

I do agree on Garen receiving some tweaks though. He has a bad playstyle pattern that is hard to hold against.

MajorLuck

05-14-2014

looks like its time to bump

CaNzCo

05-14-2014

I know a lot of very good garen players that can dumpster most people without any buffs. Buffing him would help a lot of not very good garens, but the others would be too much.

Garen has very little counterplay, like every silence user... so you can't just make them top teir.

MajorLuck

05-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaNzCo View Post
I know a lot of very good garen players that can dumpster most people without any buffs. Buffing him would help a lot of not very good garens, but the others would be too much.

Garen has very little counterplay, like every silence user... so you can't just make them top teir.
Garen ult cooldown is top 6 in the whole game i'm not lying