Want to solve top lane problems : Buff Garen

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Ultimator

05-12-2014

Garen needs a scaling passive (seriously, Perseverance is pretty meh come mid-lategame), and his ult buffed so that I don't have to build DFG to feel like I do damage with it.

CynicalGiant

05-12-2014

Garen would just be another Renekton if you buffed him.

SOyProasfasdfdsa

05-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by CragBlade View Post
Garen would just be another Renekton if you buffed him.
he has a stun right, and 2 gapclosers :^)

Vreivai

05-12-2014

I seriously can't tell if the people who talk about building DFG on Garen are trolling or serious.

DirgeTheWitch

05-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Whist View Post
As a Garen player, I disagree with buffing. He's amazing and aside from champions like Ryze and Trundle I feel I hardly struggle against any other laner.

His wave clear is just so good he can just camp at tower when behind and still clear the wave and get most of the CS despite the tower. Slowly work to lower the enemy laner's HP until it's about half when he can charge in, ignite spin and ult for the kill.

(I am posting this as my opinion as a Garen player, not as Riot's opinion on what to do with Garen)

Sorry I can not speak to any design decisions. I'm not involved in those.
What's your opinion on his ult having a ridiculous cool down early game and being 100% countered by a single tier-2 item?

MajorLuck

05-12-2014

Quote:
As a Garen player, I disagree with buffing. He's amazing and aside from champions like Ryze and Trundle I feel I hardly struggle against any other laner.

His wave clear is just so good he can just camp at tower when behind and still clear the wave and get most of the CS despite the tower. Slowly work to lower the enemy laner's HP until it's about half when he can charge in, ignite spin and ult for the kill.

(I am posting this as my opinion as a Garen player, not as Riot's opinion on what to do with Garen)

also I gotta add, waveclear is abundant at this point in time and its value is really low compared to when it as before, give me any fotm toplaner, they all have waveclear, League is not only mobility creep induced but also waveclear induced, if you have no waveclear you're not viable, so Garen's waveclear is not an advantage but something that everyone has

BigWrig22

05-12-2014

Quote:

(I am posting this as my opinion as a Garen player, not as Riot's opinion on what to do

How do you usually build Garen? I love playing him, and always pick him when I can get top, so I'm curious.

Sweagen

05-12-2014

Quote:

as a fellow Garen player, i would like to tell you that Garen is not effective in high plat / diamond
he is totally screwed over by people that play around him early game and lategame he's outclassed by... everyone

MajorLuck

05-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweagen View Post
as a fellow Garen player, i would like to tell you that Garen is not effective in high plat / diamond
he is totally screwed over by people that play around him early game and lategame he's outclassed by... everyone
yeah, you either need to snowball the heck out of yourself to be on par, or take ghost/flash to avoid kiting, or rely on your team too much compared to others, in other words its very hard to carry as Garen as opposedto any other top

Raizuken

05-12-2014

Quote:

Slowly work to lower the enemy laner's HP until it's about half when he can charge in, ignite spin and ult for the kill.
That's my problem with Garen. If you whittle an enemies HP down, he can never go in for the kill since he has no gapclosers.

If you whittle them down, they just B or play real safe.

Garen can't help in ganks too, since he just Q's and spins to win. He Telegraphs when the gank is coming.