I'm absolutely disgusted with the Riot lore department

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trolosaurus

05-13-2014

1: No alternative to a popular form of telling the lore, AKA the JoJ. It has been a very long time since the JoJ was canned, and multiple methods were tried, met some positive reception, and then vanished.
2: Trying to retcon the JoJ out of existence. Multiple elements of the JoJ no longer make sense in current champions lore, and it is difficult to piece together what is still canon.
3: Retcons make multiple portions of the lore not add up. A good example is Singed, and another example would be Garen, whose lore doesn't quite make sense with the new Katarina.
4: Spend a year and a half creating new lore.
5: Leaving plot points open with no resolution. Big offenders are Sivir, Gragas, and Nami
6: A shift towards a static world that never advances as opposed to a continually flowing one
7: Seemingly retconning the League of Legends itself out of existence, as it has not been mentioned in any way, shape, or form since Jayce was released
8: Removing league judgments, which offered a psyche insight into a champion's thinking that may not be told in the background.
9: Neutering characters lores such as Trundle and Udyr for the sake of a story that goes absolutely nowhere
10: Worst of all in my opinion, is the lack of utilization of input from lore lovers. There are many, many ideas and projects that people have suggested or offered to create yet are not responded to or ignored. I have yet to see one fan suggested lore idea besides negative reception to a lore be taken into place.

The Lore Forums used to have as much people as GD, and now they're rotting. It feels to me like they don't care anymore, and that really dismays me because the lore is what really got me into this game. It made me feel like I was part of something. Remember Ionia vs. Noxus? Wasn't that badass? The COMMUNITY could actually shape the lore! Instead Riot's lore team gets paid to do who the hell knows what.

There are a million things you can do! Comics, visual novels, books, going back to the way it was even!. That Braum interactive thing is a step in the right direction, which gives me a tiny glimmer of hope, but I still don't expect much

x Laughing Man x

05-13-2014

Name:  lololol.jpg
Views: 867
Size:  412.8 KB

Ouroboro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-13-2014

I really miss the old lore. I used to browse the lore forums every day, sometimes even more than GD.

It's really disappointing, but hey, the "general audience" that develops when the game popularized just doesn't care enough.

We're just a minority.

Trolosaurus

05-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouroboro View Post
I really miss the old lore. I used to browse the lore forums every day, sometimes even more than GD.

It's really disappointing, but hey, the "general audience" that develops when the game popularized just doesn't care enough.

We're just a minority.
Unfortunate but true

Ouroboro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trolosaurus View Post
Unfortunate but true
I didn't want the old lore to go to waste, so I was thinking of creating a game that focuses on the Institute of War through the eyes of a neutral summoner, focusing further by brand's statement that "The league is not what you think and your summoners are not heroes"

But I wish I had the skills to do so.

Trolosaurus

05-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouroboro View Post
I didn't want the old lore to go to waste, so I was thinking of creating a game that focuses on the Institute of War through the eyes of a neutral summoner, focusing further by brand's statement that "The league is not what you think and your summoners are not heroes"

But I wish I had the skills to do so.
The fanfiction forums used to be ripe with content but they're slowly dying

And the RP forums basically got cancer choked with ask threads that stifle creativity

12fingerJIM

05-13-2014

Didn't they make a thread that said they don't care about lore?

Arduno

05-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trolosaurus View Post
1: No alternative to a popular form of telling the lore, AKA the JoJ
2: Trying to retcon the JoJ out of existence
3: Retcons make multiple portions of the lore not add up
4: Spend a year and a half creating new lore
5: Leaving plot points open with no resolution
6: Virtually no new content
7: Seemingly retconning the League of Legends itself out of existence
8: Removing league judgments
9: Neutering characters lores such as Trundle and Udyr for the sake of a story that goes absolutely nowhere
10: Worst of all, IGNORING ALL FEEDBACK AND COMPLAINTS AND CONTINUALLY USING THE "WE DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO BS". If you don't care, then just say it. Just say it Riot.

The Lore Forums used to have as much people as GD, and now they're rotting. It's clear to me they don't care anymore, and that really dismays me because the lore is what really got me into this game. It made me feel like I was part of something. Remember Ionia vs. Noxus? Wasn't that badass? The COMMUNITY could actually shape the lore! Instead Riot's lore team gets paid to do who the hell knows what.

There are a million things you can do! Comics, visual novels, books, going back to the way it was even!. That Braum interactive thing is a step in the right direction, which gives me a tiny glimmer of hope, but I still don't expect much
The one thing we can do is create our own League lore in a League of Legends Community wiki
Because if Riot can Ignore the players wishes about their lore than the players can Ignore Riot and create their own Lore..

KoKoboto

05-13-2014

lol ikr, you can notice the change in lore quality from Yasuo to Vel'koz when they I believe just stopped caring about lore. Yasuo has a story and well vel'koz and our cool guy Braum they dont.. they just talk about what they do they do not have a backstory or even a reason for joining the league really... (yeah velkoz wants to learn and braum? idk) but compared to Yasuo lore and lore of champions behind him it really dulls out and I am afraid this is how it might continue to be

Hetchy

05-13-2014

The fact that there is basically zero lore--ZERO LORE available to new players beyond reading the phoned-in lore page for each champion is really sad.

I remember searching the website for a full and rich explanation of what League of Legends is all about. What's the story here? ...what I found was that there isn't any anywhere on this site as far as I can tell.

Go ahead and click on "What is LoL." What will you find? Basic gameplay guides and a list of champions.

Pffffft. Pathetic.

12345 ... 7