Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I hereby vote to help keep League of Legends:

harass free by making the Tribunal less forgiving AND adding trash talking as a reportable offence. 38 40.86%
harass free by making the Tribunal less forgiving. 27 29.03%
harass free by adding trash talking as a reportable offence. 8 8.6%
The way it is. 19 20.43%
Voters 93 .

"I love League of Legends, but I hate playing it."

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Heek

05-12-2014

I couldn't care less about trash talkers. That's what the mute button is for. Griefing and AFKing, however, should be forgiven much less than it is.

OctaSteve

05-12-2014

Mute button OP.

If someone peaves me, I report an move on. Simple.

TBH, Tribunal should be replaced. All it exists for is seeing the funny shiz that gets said.

Sara Tone In

05-12-2014

Yo talking **** and cracking sexual jokes n **** is fun! I hate all these lil kids coming on here and crying snitching to riot about a few jokes, honestly tribunal system needs to be fixed and stop banning people. I see people banned for saying "reported".

Falling Objects

05-12-2014

Quote:
Perfivale:
Someone has never played sports, or any other game ever. Trash talking is part of the experience. Now I'm not saying you should tell people to eat their family and kill themselves, but trash talking is part of competition.

"Wow, nice arrow. Lol bad." Is hardly ruining your experience while playing the game. Particularly since if you are socially inept and paper-thin you can mute everyone.

This, basically. Also the tribunal can be extremely misleading, because what you see in the tribunal is

"omg seriously dude, wtf? Why the **** would you ever do that? Are you stupid?"

But what happened was that the person being flamed teleported in and tried to 1v3 at dragon, leaving toplane open to a semi-fed Yi who then took an inner base AND inhibitor turret.

Nya Poptart Cat

Recruiter

05-12-2014

Quote:
Matthevv:
If you can't handle trash talking, why did you enable all chat? Riot specifically disabled all chat by default because of things like this. If you chose to enable it that means you choose to deal with trash talking. It is your own choice and others should not have to suffer for it.

This, it's a competitive game, people enjoy jokingly talking trash. IF you can't handle it, disable all chat.

DollaMenunaire

05-12-2014

Posting in a thread where the term 'literally' was used approximately 700 times

Eleshakai

Recruiter

05-12-2014

Trash Talking can be verbal abuse. If you don't consider it severe enough to qualify as verbal abuse then I'd argue it's in good fun.

nunchunk

05-12-2014

I really hate trash talkers. There is no reason to put somebody down, even if the player is toxic themselves. Some people play this game just for fun and to be constantly trash talked even for a small mistake can really mess up somebody's day. Sure, it's a part of competitive play, and it's okay every once in a while, but when it happens almost every game, then there's a really big problem with the community. To be honest, most of the trash talk occurs after the game, where it doesn't show up in the tribunal. There should be an option to report players for the end-game chat.

OMG Kill Janna

05-12-2014

Bump'in for discussion

dnsup

05-12-2014

Quote:
JinzoClash:
I just want a "******bag" button.

There's trash talking, funny insults, over the top they can't be real insults, clever insults you don't get at first insults...

Then there's just ******BAG.
If you need variety, add one more button, ANGRY ******BAG.

this is the second post of yours tonight that I've been like--"this is what I want, yeeeaaaaah"