Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

An Idea for an Urgot Rework

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gingivits

05-14-2014

Quote:
Euphoria Rev:
You are right in saying they're not on the same tier, because I never thought they were, but from what I've seen both are considered "trash tier" by idiots who don't know better, and I'm SURE you've seen a few of them on forums. I believe URGOT is on par with champions like Syndra, Cassiopeia, and other high skill cap champions. Because unlike you assumed about me, I believe URGOT has a fairly high skillcap.

His ult, like I said, takes positioning like several ults I listed.

Mobility kills syndra, cass and urgot. This meta currently is all about mobility.

Euphoria Rev

05-15-2014

Quote:
Gingivits:
Mobility kills syndra, cass and urgot. This meta currently is all about mobility.

Seriously bro?
I know that, that's why I said he was on level with them =_=

And all three of them can still do amazing against mobility comps, you just gotta have skeel.

SirLapse

05-15-2014

Quote:
Euphoria Rev:
Seriously bro?
I know that, that's why I said he was on level with them =_=

And all three of them can still do amazing against mobility comps, you just gotta have skeel.

Well I already mentioned that their kits don't have to be that way. Urgot's R should be countering mobility without encouraging tanking, that's my take on it.

Cassiopeia's kit is legitimately UP, while Urgot and Syndra's kits just need tweaking.

Euphoria Rev

05-15-2014

Quote:
SirLapse:
Well I already mentioned that their kits don't have to be that way. Urgot's R should be countering mobility without encouraging tanking, that's my take on it.

Cassiopeia's kit is legitimately UP, while Urgot and Syndra's kits just need tweaking.

Uhm..
Why wouldn't you build URGOT as a tank?
I build him pseudo ._.

SirLapse

05-15-2014

Quote:
Euphoria Rev:
Uhm..
Why wouldn't you build URGOT as a tank?
I build him pseudo ._.

He's meant to be a bruiser, not an actual tank. That's the issue with his kit, his passive and R make him out to be a tank, but his other skills do not scale on tankiness and instead rely on range, which is the opposite of what a tank should be doing.

Gingivits

05-15-2014

I'd say only 2 can do amazing against mobility comps. Maybe just one. Syndra actually has a stun that is on a reletively short CD that she can use to escape out of mid lane. Her ult can also kill any squishy or almost kill tanks after stunning them. Cass only has a slow but her Ult is an aoe stun or slow that also deals damage. Urgot has a slow on a shield that is broken by 1 AA and a single target ult that surpresses and switches places with anybody.

I consider Syndra better then Cass who is better than Urgot.

SirLapse

05-15-2014

Quote:
Gingivits:
I'd say only 2 can do amazing against mobility comps. Maybe just one. Syndra actually has a stun that is on a reletively short CD that she can use to escape out of mid lane. Her ult can also kill any squishy or almost kill tanks after stunning them. Cass only has a slow but her Ult is an aoe stun or slow that also deals damage. Urgot has a slow on a shield that is broken by 1 AA and a single target ult that surpresses and switches places with anybody.

I consider Syndra better then Cass who is better than Urgot.

I agree with this, though if Cass were able to apply her skillshots better and have it stack, she'd be in a much better place than Syndra.

Euphoria Rev

05-15-2014

You two are crazy xD

Tyro The King

05-15-2014

Quote:
SirLapse:
He's meant to be a bruiser, not an actual tank. That's the issue with his kit, his passive and R make him out to be a tank, but his other skills do not scale on tankiness and instead rely on range, which is the opposite of what a tank should be doing.

Actually, Riot intended Urgot to be a Marksman, aka adc, not a Bruiser or a Tank. But even so, his kit is totally fine as is, he just needs a few adjustments to his current kit is all.

Passive - Keep as is

Q - Apply on-hit effects. I can't STAND how you have to get Spell Vamp for you to have some sustain with his Q's, and his autos are MEANT to be worthless BECAUSE of his Q. I want my Lifesteal!

W - Scale with Mana! If this is going to scale with anything other than AP, I feel it should be mana. Because two essentials on Urgot are the Muramana and the Frozen Heart, it would give the W purpose, and help a tremendous amount.

E - Keep as is

R - Give Urgot temporary reduced damage upon use. This way, you don't have to build all-out tank, but can still swap with an enemy adc without getting deleted instantly.

These are my suggestions, feedback is appreciated.

SirLapse

05-16-2014

Quote:
Tyro The King:
Actually, Riot intended Urgot to be a Marksman, aka adc, not a Bruiser or a Tank. But even so, his kit is totally fine as is, he just needs a few adjustments to his current kit is all.

Passive - Keep as is

Q - Apply on-hit effects. I can't STAND how you have to get Spell Vamp for you to have some sustain with his Q's, and his autos are MEANT to be worthless BECAUSE of his Q. I want my Lifesteal!

W - Scale with Mana! If this is going to scale with anything other than AP, I feel it should be mana. Because two essentials on Urgot are the Muramana and the Frozen Heart, it would give the W purpose, and help a tremendous amount.

E - Keep as is

R - Give Urgot temporary reduced damage upon use. This way, you don't have to build all-out tank, but can still swap with an enemy adc without getting deleted instantly.

These are my suggestions, feedback is appreciated.

What Riot intends for champions is not always how they end up being played. Annie used to be mid, and now people actually consider her a reliable support (and she is).

The fundamental problem with R is that it encourages any front-line participation at all. His AA, passive, and R encourage you to play that way, and his other 3 skills just cry hard because they're mainly used from a distance in all current Urgot strategies.

His W needs better scaling, yes. His Q needs on-hit, yes. But the atrocity of his ult needs to be vanquished because you should NOT be encouraged to take hits on that kit. AA range needs to be boosted so that he's not getting blasted on his way for CS.