Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

An Idea for an Urgot Rework

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SirLapse

05-12-2014

As someone who mostly plays against AI and doesn't have much choice in champions besides Riot's free weeks, I can say that when I played with Urgot, he was a monster.

The only adjustment needed is his ultimate really, since he can't run Zhonya's.

On-hit on his Q would help SO MUCH, and AA range increase would be nice too.

SilverGrape

05-12-2014

Quote:
SirLapse:
As someone who mostly plays against AI and doesn't have much choice in champions besides Riot's free weeks, I can say that when I played with Urgot, he was a monster.

The only adjustment needed is his ultimate really, since he can't run Zhonya's.

On-hit on his Q would help SO MUCH, and AA range increase would be nice too.

Any champion is a monster against AI

Euphoria Rev

05-13-2014

I love how this thread was swarmed with people saying urgot is not underpowered lol

Gingivits

05-13-2014

Quote:
Tyro The King:
I took a break to learn how to use Vel 'Koz.

You played him 2 days ago once.

Urgot was on free week so people have been playing him. 90% of the community knows urgot is weak.

SirLapse

05-13-2014

Quote:
SilverGrape:
Any champion is a monster against AI

Not Galio >_>

No but seriously, the only issue I really found was that his E is usually too slow, his AA range makes farming really hard, and that his Q has no on-hit effects.

His ult can win skirmishes and helps specifically in the laning phase, but it's terrible once everyone moves out of lanes and into teamfights.

Euphoria Rev

05-13-2014

Quote:
Gingivits:
People who say he isn't as weak as you think, play him 10+ games.

I've played him 10+ games and I still find him pretty strong

The5lacker

05-13-2014

Oh look, it's better Ezreal.

"Well what does he do?"

Okay, you know what Ezreal does?

"Yeah."

That...only he doesn't have to aim.

Euphoria Rev

05-13-2014

Quote:
The5lacker:
Oh look, it's better Ezreal.

"Well what does he do?"

Okay, you know what Ezreal does?

"Yeah."

That...only he doesn't have to aim.

That is the best thing ever lol

Gingivits

05-13-2014

Negatives: Urgot's E is one of the easiest skill shots to dodge. After about 6-8 minutes in his damage begins to fall off. His W can only block 280 damage unless you build a tri-force, then its around 290 which is one AA from the ADC and one ability from most champions. His R puts him right in the enemy team. His AA range is 425. He is mana hungry early before tear. Doesn't provide some of the map control that other top laners/mid laners do. Doesn't provide as much damage as most top laners currently mid - late game team fights. Slow movement speed. Minimal mobility.

Positives: 15% damage reduction on Qs and AAs. Bullies laners. Armor reduction when he lands E. Ult can change fights around. Has a free slow with W. Lots of damage before mid game. Lots of range on Q when you land E. Can become a decent peel late game when building tanky. Can block 1 AA or ability from some champions when built tanky with W. Very Ugly.

SirLapse

05-13-2014

Well they need to make his shield scale with a separate ratio in addition to what it already does so he's not bullied as hard during mid-game.

I really don't see how his ultimate is cohesive to his kit considering his main focus is "I OUTRANGE YOU SUCKAS." Getting in the middle of the enemy team does not sound like it's meant to help your range.

I don't really care for E's actual damage, it should fall off as the game goes on. The issue is that the projectile is so slow that anyone can dodge it by moving in one direction. So you're forced to plan where they're going to move unless they're up close, which his kit isn't supposed to enforce.

Also, if Q applies on-hit, then he should be having fewer issues. Needs a tone down to the AD ratio if it's added though. His AA should reflect his thirst for range too though.