Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

An Idea for an Urgot Rework

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HumorlessParody

05-11-2014

Ok, so as we all know, Urgot is in a very bad spot right now. He is extremely weak, his auto-attack range is very short, and his mana costs are way too high. I have a few ideas that can help him become a viable pick.

Urgot is meant to be an Anti-ADC, so with that in mind, I feel like this rework should be focused on that aspect.

Stat changes: Change his auto-attack range from 425 to 500 to keep in par with other marksmen so Urgot can't get poked-out as much. Also, change his mana per level from 55 to 70 so Urgot won't have as much mana problems as he used to since he is meant to spam his Q's

Passive: As of right now his passive makes his basic attacks and his Q's lower the target's damage output by 15% for 2.5 seconds. Now, if we want to keep with the theme of an Anti-ADC, I feel like this should be changed from lowering the target's damage output to lowering the target's attack speed. The % attack speed slow can scale with Champion level so Urgot's passive can be viable from early to late game.

Q: His Q right now is in a good place but I think it should feel more like a skillshot auto-attack (similar to Ezreal's Mystic Shot), so with that in mind, it should apply on-hit effects like life-steal (except Critical Hits, of course) and change the .85 AD ratio to 1.0.

W: Right now, his W gives Urgot a shield that absorbs damage and while the shield persists it makes his auto-attacks and Q's slow the target for 1.5 seconds. I like the idea of the shield, since Urgot is supposed to be somewhat tanky and stick to the ADC but I feel like the slow should be moved from here to his E and instead, make his auto-attacks and his Q's lower the target's physical damage output by a small percentage while the shield persists, which scales with spell rank. This way Urgot can dual enemy ADC's but he won't be as strong against mages.

E: Urgot's E right now shoots a charge at a target location that damages, shreds the armor of, and locks onto all targets hit for 5 seconds. As I mentioned before, the slow from his old W should be moved to here but it won't last the whole 5 seconds, it could last ~2-3 seconds that way the slow could stay in his kit but he can't perma-slow people anymore. Also, I think it would be a good idea if his E would reveal all targets hit so it could make his Q's easier to hit (and it could be a better scouting tool than it was before).

R: This one was a little tricky to think of an improvement for but right now his R would suppress target Champion for 1 second and if the channel completes, Urgot and the Champion would swap positions with the target Champion being slowed by 40% for 3 seconds, while Urgot gained bonus armor and magic resist for 5 seconds. This ultimate was one of the most frustrating to use at times because it could end up killing the Urgot since he sometimes swaps himself into sticky situations. But, as we're sticking with the theme of Anti-ADC, I think that while Urgot suppressed the target, he also steals some AD from them (something like 20/30/40 AD) and he can also steal 40% movement speed from them instead of just slowing them down for the duration and also gain massive armor and magic resist that decays over the duration (something like 100/150/200). This way, Urgot can escape if he swaps himself into the enemy team or something and he can also catch up to and dual the target he ulted since he stole their AD and movement speed.

These are just some ideas I thought of, obviously the numbers can be changed around, but what do you guys think? Does this look like a good idea?

Potato Jesus

05-12-2014

As someone who likes urgot, I do enjoy these ideas, but you have to keep in mind, will this revert Urgot to the 80% winrate champ? I do wish urgot had a higher attack range, which would be amazing for him, as i find myself missing cs due to the amount of lane pressure that urgot can't counter early game (until he has mana).
Passive- would work swell, as it would allow the passive to stay in effect while urgot's gets kited by a far ranged champ
Q- If urgot is to survive as a adc, he definately needs lifesteal, though rather that change the ratio, it would be nice if urgot's Q did a percentage of health, or else urgot will still fall off late game if he can't deal with tanks as easy as other carries, and would help against the tanky bruiser top meta.
W- I feel that lowering his target's damage output twice would create a toxic feel for adc's, and would leave urgot nerfed to death again. Rather, i feel that his shield needs a ad ratio on it, but should keep the slow on it, rather than the E
E- Having a slow on E wouldn't help the fact that its such a slow projectile to land, making it hard to use urgot effectively. His E should have a faster projectile speed at minimum, and if we want to go crazy, let his E stay where it landed for a few seconds, and then explode when stepped on or when the time runs out.
R- He needs a new ult. Period. If we have to keep his ult though, your idea would definatly help him out, but it should do some damage towards his opponent, say, steals 10/20/30% of targets maximum health.

I like these ideas though, and urgot needs a bit a love. (but not too much!)

Euphoria Rev

05-12-2014

1: URGOT isn't as weak as you think, he's just ugly and most people who play him are just trolling
2: He is better in top than in bot, I don't think URGOT will ever be back in bot
3: Q is already a skillshot
4: Anti-Carry=\= Anti ADC. His passive is also meant for APCs and Melee Carries, an attack speed slow would be idiotic as a replacement
5: HE IS NOT AN ADC

Splougy

05-12-2014

All Urgot Really Needs Is To Literally Have On Hit Effects Apply To His Q And He'll Be Fine In All Situations

Gingivits

05-12-2014

People who say he isn't as weak as you think, play him 10+ games.

Tyro The King

05-12-2014

I consider Urgot one of my mains, and I hate it when people say that he's weak, because I've gone tons of games where I just wreck. His Passive makes it to where, if you're tanky enough, you can just shred them at close range without even a scratch. Mana costs too high? They aren't THAT high, and once you build Tear (which is ESSENTIAL to Urgot), all your mana problems are gone, so spam that Q all you want. His kit is REALLY underestimated, as if you land an E and build him properly, they can't run. The armor and damage shred makes them unable to even TRY to attack you, and his W provides a slow, which makes it even harder to run! His R is the best thing ever in certain situations, and if you're tanky enough, you can ult the adc, to take them out from the back lines, then book it on out of there.

TL;DR Urgot is highly underestimated, may need a few small buffs with basic attack ranges, and I think his Q's should apply On-Hit effects, but thats about it. He is also very build reliant, and NEEDS to be built right. If you play your cards correctly, you will have people QQing about losing to an Urgot.

Gingivits

05-12-2014

Quote:
Tyro The King:
I consider Urgot one of my mains, and I hate it when people say that he's weak, because I've gone tons of games where I just wreck. His Passive makes it to where, if you're tanky enough, you can just shred them at close range without even a scratch. Mana costs too high? They aren't THAT high, and once you build Tear (which is ESSENTIAL to Urgot), all your mana problems are gone, so spam that Q all you want. His kit is REALLY underestimated, as if you land an E and build him properly, they can't run. The armor and damage shred makes them unable to even TRY to attack you, and his W provides a slow, which makes it even harder to run! His R is the best thing ever in certain situations, and if you're tanky enough, you can ult the adc, to take them out from the back lines, then book it on out of there.

TL;DR Urgot is highly underestimated, may need a few small buffs with basic attack ranges, and I think his Q's should apply On-Hit effects, but thats about it. He is also very build reliant, and NEEDS to be built right. If you play your cards correctly, you will have people QQing about losing to an Urgot.

You haven't played him in the past few days.

Tyro The King

05-12-2014

Quote:
Gingivits:
You haven't played him in the past few days.

I took a break to learn how to use Vel 'Koz.

ArkenStorm

Recruiter

05-12-2014

Urgot can actually do well. Manamune should be your first item, and then like frozen heart and damages. problem is his q needs to proc lifesteal then hed be great. and he could just build manamune, frozen heart, bloodthirster, hextech gunblade, merc treads, and like a black cleaver. or something like that, i dont really have a clue how to build him

SilverGrape

05-12-2014

I play urgot a decent amount and he is pretty decent. I agree with the range increase on his autos, but i feel everything else is pretty good. Perhaps even an ad ratio on his shield would help some but other than that, he doesnt need much.