Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide] Sivir the Battle Mistress - A Comprehensive Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fatalend

01-21-2011

Quote:
You of all people should know the value of flat life in the early levels. Hell you spent the last 4 pages in this thread arguing about how 100 life from Doran's Blade gave you such a huge advantage! Now you're comparing 6 hp/5 to 60 flat health at level 1? Tisk Tisk, stick to your guns man!

You need your sarcasm detector fixed.

It's broken

Subdue

01-21-2011

Quote:
Fatalend:
You need your sarcasm detector fixed.

It's broken

Are you suggesting that he wasn't making the comparison between Veteran Scars and Strength of Spirit with his sarcastic comment? Or did you just feel like trying to troll without reading anything other than the last post?

Subdue

01-22-2011

Fatalend

01-22-2011

Original Quote:

Quote:
Rofl.

And the +60 hp on Veteran Scars is worthless because a Warmog gives you over 9000 hp.

Ohwait.

Your response:

Quote:
You of all people should know the value of flat life in the early levels.

Subdue

01-23-2011

My question:

Quote:
Dominatius Maxim:
Are you suggesting that he wasn't making the comparison between Veteran Scars and Strength of Spirit with his sarcastic comment? Or did you just feel like trying to troll without reading anything other than the last post?

Your response:

Oops, you didn't have one.

Bromancing

01-23-2011

Good guide but you should work on keeping your composure better when dealing with negative comments.

S B

01-23-2011

I tend to build Sivir very offensive oriented, because as Sivir I have a completely different play style than any other champs I play. When I play Sivir, Turrets are a number 1 priority for me.

Teamfight at mid going on? Let me teleport by, take a lanes' turrets and inhib. I die? It's all good I've just taken 1-3 turrets and an inhibitor.

The toughest part of playing Sivir to me is making the teamfight judgement calls, do you have to stay and support? When do you slip away to take towers? How has your team been doing all game, are you winning/losing and can your team hold their own for long enough 4v5?

Dakkas

01-23-2011

Quote:
Bromancing:
Good guide but you should work on keeping your composure better when dealing with negative comments.

Not really, I'd say he kept his composure pretty well when he had someone strawmanning him throughout his thread with less experience. Then there was Fatalend who really needs to look up the meaning of 'troll'

Master Shmee

01-23-2011

What is your thoughts on Starks? I main Taric as a champion and my girlfriend loves playing Sivir. As Taric I go the auro ***** route to better the team. After she gets some more skill on Sivir we will start to do duo queue while me maining Taric and her Sivir.

Do you think in this setup it would be beneficial to grab a starks since there will be a damage bonus from radiance? Or is it best to just stick with the builds you suggested.

Thanks for your time and input!

Subdue

01-23-2011

Quote:
Bromancing:

I thought I was quite patient. How would you have handled it?

Quote:
S B:
I tend to build Sivir very offensive oriented, because as Sivir I have a completely different play style than any other champs I play. When I play Sivir, Turrets are a number 1 priority for me.

Teamfight at mid going on? Let me teleport by, take a lanes' turrets and inhib. I die? It's all good I've just taken 1-3 turrets and an inhibitor.

The toughest part of playing Sivir to me is making the teamfight judgement calls, do you have to stay and support? When do you slip away to take towers? How has your team been doing all game, are you winning/losing and can your team hold their own for long enough 4v5?

The times when you should backdoor are pretty cut and dry.

Times when you should back door:
1) Your team will win the fight without you.
2) The fight will be a stalemate whether or not you're there (ie, defending a turret before the other team can dive aggressively).

Times when you shouldn't back door:
1) Your team can win the fight, but only if you're there.
2) Your team will lose the fight if you're not there.

In other words, you should only back door when you can't take a turret AFTER winning the team fight. It's usually if not always more beneficial to win a team fight and then take an objective.

Quote:
Dakkas:
Not really, I'd say he kept his composure pretty well when he had someone strawmanning him throughout his thread with less experience. Then there was Fatalend who really needs to look up the meaning of 'troll'

Thank you.

Quote:
Sreto:
What is your thoughts on Starks? I main Taric as a champion and my girlfriend loves playing Sivir. As Taric I go the auro ***** route to better the team. After she gets some more skill on Sivir we will start to do duo queue while me maining Taric and her Sivir.

Do you think in this setup it would be beneficial to grab a starks since there will be a damage bonus from radiance? Or is it best to just stick with the builds you suggested.

Thanks for your time and input!

With the build that I suggested, during her ultimate at level 18, Sivir reaches 2.3 attacks/second, just .2 below the cap. Additional attack speed helps her very little, while additional attack damage helps her a lot. I don't think an additional .2 attacks/sec will add up to more damage than an additional 60-100 AD. Now, if Taric were to pick up the Starks as Aura Taric, that would be a different story. When I play Janna, I tend to pick up Starks after Soul Shroud and Aegis, and I imagine it would work just as well on Taric. Also, keep in mind that Sivir is a very strong off lane rushing champion. Especially with teleport, she frequently zips in to another lane to take a turret while the enemy team is occupied. At those points in the game, she won't have your aura to rely on, because she'll be alone.