[Guide] Sivir the Battle Mistress - A Comprehensive Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jeweladdict

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2011

yup, played 3 games with her yesterday. maybe i'm imagining things. Typically I'll throw a bb at blue wraith, then ricochet the blue wraith to death. In the process 2 of the reds will die, and 1 other red will have 1/3 of life left. Now it seems like when blue wraith dies, all 3 other wraiths are still alive =/

Subdue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeweladdict View Post
yup, played 3 games with her yesterday. maybe i'm imagining things. Typically I'll throw a bb at blue wraith, then ricochet the blue wraith to death. In the process 2 of the reds will die, and 1 other red will have 1/3 of life left. Now it seems like when blue wraith dies, all 3 other wraiths are still alive =/
The difference is largely negligible. You'll likely take a second or two longer to clear than before, if anything.

Jeweladdict

02-18-2011

not worried about the time it takes, worried about the extra HP and mana that i lose trying to take them out. More ricochets = more mana = more time for the creeps to hit me and take me down. Almost makes it not worth it to kill them

Subdue

02-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeweladdict View Post
not worried about the time it takes, worried about the extra HP and mana that i lose trying to take them out. More ricochets = more mana = more time for the creeps to hit me and take me down. Almost makes it not worth it to kill them
Chalice.

Subdue

02-24-2011

The 9th point in Utility is for Buff Duration, though you could make a case for mana regen as well. You really don't need the gold/10 on Sivir.

Also, I get all 3 points in Ardor, and instead don't take the "block physical damage" mastery.

Soylent Black

02-27-2011

Hey there Dominatius Maxim. I've tried your build and got pretty decent results.
I especially liked the detail with which you went over possible items for Sivir.

Anyway...
I mostly go with your second build Chalice+Greaves+BT+Warmog+LW+BT to surprise those "lol Sivir squishy, easy kill" people.
You explained in detail how these are the most cost efficient, but sometimes, during long games, I find myself with all these, plus enough money to sell and re-buy chalice to get elixirs and still sit on 3000 or more gold.
Are there any items that are worth getting if financial efficiency is no longer an issue?
Which would those be, and which items should I replace?

Subdue

02-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soylent Black View Post
Hey there Dominatius Maxim. I've tried your build and got pretty decent results.
I especially liked the detail with which you went over possible items for Sivir.

Anyway...
I mostly go with your second build Chalice+Greaves+BT+Warmog+LW+BT to surprise those "lol Sivir squishy, easy kill" people.
You explained in detail how these are the most cost efficient, but sometimes, during long games, I find myself with all these, plus enough money to sell and re-buy chalice to get elixirs and still sit on 3000 or more gold.
Are there any items that are worth getting if financial efficiency is no longer an issue?
Which would those be, and which items should I replace?
First off, a quick tip. You can buy elixers even if you have no space in your inventory, when you're alive. They are used immediately.

Second, By the time you fill up all your slots you won't need Chalice anymore. I'd recommend grabbing an additional Blood Thirster, or if you feel you'd benefit more from survivability, a Banshee's Veil or Guardian Angel. I should stress though, this is only under the situation that the game has gone on very long. You should not be building in anticipation of having those items, as the game rarely goes on that long.

Soylent Black

02-27-2011

Thank you for your reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominatius Maxim View Post
First off, a quick tip. You can buy elixers even if you have no space in your inventory, when you're alive. They are used immediately.
Now I feel stupid. XD
Thank you, that'll certainly save time in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominatius Maxim View Post
Second, By the time you fill up all your slots you won't need Chalice anymore.
I'll have to test if I wont run out of mana after all. Since I actually went with Cooldown/lvl Blues plus Utility tree Masteries instead of your recommendation (sorry) so I can spam Q and R at lvl18.

FaerellG

02-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soylent Black View Post
I'll have to test if I wont run out of mana after all. Since I actually went with Cooldown/lvl Blues plus Utility tree Masteries instead of your recommendation (sorry) so I can spam Q and R at lvl18.
Huh, yeah, you'll probably need level-scaling Mana-regen Blues to actually be able to go without a mana-regen item.
That being said, I don't think CDR is that effective late game. Your auto attacks should be doing more damage than your Q for sustained DPS. Q is a nice nuke for "surprise you're dead!" but just auto attacking with W is going to net you better damage in general...so you shouldn't need CDR for your Q...your R...I admit, it'd be nice to have steroids on a faster CD, but I only really use it for tower pushing or team fights...occasionally I use it for escape. It's not too big of an issue really.

But Flash is a pretty good escape mechanism in of itself.

The only thing I would really want better CDR for is Spell Shield, but even then, I find buying a Banshee's Veil to accomplish approximately the same task, but better. I've stopped so many "mega-nuke" ults with the BV+SS combo. They think that you've only got 1, so Cho screams and Feasts...only to find both blocked. Garren Decisive strikes and calls down Justice...both blocked.

But yeah, I recommend Level-scaling, Mana regen blues even if your goal is end-game Q,R spamming. That with the utility masteries gives you sufficient mana regen. You won't need a mana item then, instead you can pick up a CDR item. How much CDR are you getting at level 18 from those runes? Something shy of 10% CDR total? Yeah, pick up a CDR item instead, you'll get much much more Anything that Kindlegem builds into would be much better You get more base mana regen and more CDR than your runes would have offered. Now you get everything you want in 1 package.

Soylent Black

02-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaerellG View Post
Huh, yeah, you'll probably need level-scaling Mana-regen Blues to actually be able to go without a mana-regen item.

Yeah, with 9 runes It would be only 8.1% CDR , but I get to finish my last item maybe every 6th or 7th game. So in all other cases I'd have chalice and those mana glyphs would go to waste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaerellG View Post
Yeah, pick up a CDR item instead, you'll get much much more Anything that Kindlegem builds into would be much better You get more base mana regen and more CDR than your runes would have offered. Now you get everything you want in 1 package.

Replacing the chalice with Soul Shroud might actually work even without mana blues. Health plus Cooldown/Mana Aura.
It's not as good as chalice for regen and I miss out on the 30 magic resist, but it should be an overall gain, especially with the team benefits.
Tiamat might be an option too with the added damage, but the +4 mana regen are rather pitiful with only Masteries to bolster it.