Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Iceborn Gauntlet + Trinity Force?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JC Da Beast

05-08-2014

Both items have the same same passive name, even though those passives are almost nothing alike. I've looked around the forums and no one seems to really know for sure which Spellblade passive actually takes precedence. When I've built both I think I still see the area of effect slow from IG (not sure though, and I seldom build both though because I don't know that answer to this question). Triforce does more damage, which I prefer, but IG does damage in an AoE and slows, which I also like. So does it stack even though they have different names? Does the Triforce damage apply to target while only the IG damage applies to surrounding enemies? Or does one have precedence over the other?

SharpnelStar

05-08-2014

Hey JC da beast!!!,
Im Sharp and im an unranked player and passively had the same Q as you I found out due to my silver elo friends response that ONLY the tri force's spellblade is applied, and IG's slow passive is also applied, but i dont think it is AoE. Hope this cleared it up for you
Regards,
Sharp***
P.S. General idea is stronger spellblade applied, and passive of spellblade(IG's slow) also applied but no dmg.I tested this and i think its legit

DreadPirateChris

05-08-2014

Hmm, Redmercy definitely did an analysis of how all the spellblade procs prioritize in his League of Myths series, but I don't remember which episode. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVGHEXGbzMo

Zerglinglol

05-08-2014

Both don't apply. There's no reason to ever have gauntlets+trini

Frightning

05-09-2014

Here's what happens when you have Trinity Force and Iceborn Gauntlet at the same time and hit someone with Spellblade: The target takes the Trinity Force damage and all others take Iceborn Gauntlet's damage and all enemies hit by Spellblade will get slowed by the Iceborn Gauntlet slow (even the target).

dinosaurlord

05-09-2014

It is all about named passives. Since they both have the passive "SpellBlade" only their abilities will not stack. This applies to all named, unique passives. If there are different abilities in the passive, like with IBG slow, then it will apply.

But really if you want to build two spellblade items build Lichbane and Iceborn Gauntlet. That way you get the slow from IBG as well as the AP buff to dead additional damage with LichBane

xDNDxGanking

08-29-2014

Quote:
Zerglinglol:
Both don't apply. There's no reason to ever have gauntlets+trini

Unless Alistar toplane.