Runes for Cait?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TallguyG

01-16-2011

With the upcoming Buff to Caitlyn, it might actually be worth playing her now.

I'm looking for suggestions for rune builds for her. My main debate is on armor pen vs. straight damage.

What do you all think?

Domitan

01-16-2011

Armor pen will likely be more useful as two of her skills deal purely physical damage, though you could argue each point of bonus attack damage adds doubly to her ultimate. Armor pen still gives you the nice % damage increase vs all targets.

steadypals

01-16-2011

atm i run arpen marks/quints, and mp5/lvl seals and glyphs..

A Gay Dude

01-16-2011

arp marks/quints, AS seals/glyphs. Makes ur early game quite enjoyable and you a threat. Also, at least you are honest that you are going to only play her b/c they buffed her and that you're a fotm kind of guy. give ya props there.

TallguyG

01-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booty Bandit View Post
arp marks/quints, AS seals/glyphs. Makes ur early game quite enjoyable and you a threat. Also, at least you are honest that you are going to only play her b/c they buffed her and that you're a fotm kind of guy. give ya props there.
thanks for the replies guys. Sorry I am a bit new to the forums, what is fotm stand for?

Vienna

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadypals View Post
atm i run arpen marks/quints, and mp5/lvl seals and glyphs..
i run this exact set up.

Powerstoned

01-16-2011

Armor Pen Marks is the must.

Siky

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallguyG View Post
thanks for the replies guys. Sorry I am a bit new to the forums, what is fotm stand for?
fotm = flavor of the month/moment aka you're only playing her because she's about to get buffed and hoping she might be on that OP bandwagon or just quit her again because she's not.

APen Marks + Quints is definitely a must for her since all of her damage is physical. I don't really think Mana Regen per level is needed personally. Early on you tend to use more mana harassing with Q which you do less later on. After that it's mainly mana used for farming, traps and saving enough for maybe that lucky R kill.

Dodge Seals with Mana Regen per level Glyphs I think would work just as well.

Mana Regen per level Seals and CDR Glyphs might be okay with the new patch though if the Ult really can start killing people.

ZehNetoBR

01-17-2011

I play her nowadays and I happen to have a very good time her. I don't care much about buffing her, tbh. Of course, buffing is always welcomed, but it's not like I need it.

Anyways, I'm still working on her rune build, but I'd say that, while there are some no-brainers, part of the page is entirely up to you.

Enough chit-chat, here's the build:

- Marks: Armor Penetration. This is a no-brainer. Her two most important skills use AD and scale reasonably well, unlike her AP skills. Stack it as much as you can with your Marks, so you don't need to waste an item build just to get that;

- Seals: Now this is something completely personal. While Mana regen per 5 seconds seems like the most logic option, truth is your playstyle is decisive on it. For example, when I began playing with her, my rune page had armor seals, since I didn't have enough funds to purchase better runes. Surprisingly, it worked pretty well, since the extra armor increased her survivability, which allowed me to lane longer and gave me that extra little resistance to survive a gank and run away or to outlast an attacker and become the predator, instead of the prey.;

- Glyphs: Cooldown reduction. An effective Caitlyn harasses a lot, which means you'll need mana regen and cooldown reduction. As the game goes by, you'll become less and less dependant on mana regen, but cooldown will still be crucial. Personally, the CDR per level is way more appealing that pure CDR, because, with the CDR per lvl thing, you'll reach the same CDR of a pure CDR glyph build at level 12. Being Cait who she is, chances are it won't take long for you to reach lvl 12, provided you know what you're doing, so you'll make a better use of that extra CDR you'll get past lvl 12;

- Quintessence: once again, it's personal. I'd say pure CDR, but there are other good options, like mana regen, Movement speed, pure AD, etc, etc.

Hope that helps.

Anhi

01-17-2011

Play style play style play style.

People always ask for help for runes but there is no "right" answer. Find a part of her play that you want to exemplafy and do so. The only thing I don't suggest is trying to buff her overall spell power. Don't focus to much on CDR and Mana Rgn as spells are her weakest part of play. The buff to her spells will be nice but I don't think it will shift her focus away from her auto attacks.

Typically what winds up happening is that people blow all their mana using their Q and W before the fight or first thing. You are much better to just harras with a couple long range Q pokes BEFORE the group fight and then to just sit down and auto during. A team is more likely to loose or not fight *gaining your ground* if one person is drastically low vs taking minor AOE damage. *Waiting to use your Q over multiple people in a group fight* This will give you plenty of mana to bust off your Ultimate and either score a kill or zone some one out of a fight. *5v4*