HowDoIShot's guide to Bot lane positioning

12345612 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jungled

05-07-2014

Nice job. Definitely will be using this advice as an ad main!

Conchobear

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-07-2014

Loving this thread. As a jungle main I didn't really think of most of this. Sure, I'd help my adc but I'd tell them I'm going aggressive and expect them to position according to me.

HowDoIShot

05-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conchobear View Post
Loving this thread. As a jungle main I didn't really think of most of this. Sure, I'd help my adc but I'd tell them I'm going aggressive and expect them to position according to me.
I'd tell them to go aggressive, and then try to position near them. If you're too far forward, you're in a good spot to take free damage.

Mansa TChalla

05-07-2014

this is what I do in ranked all the time and has been my success on leona in lower elos.

you need to be "parallel" with your ad carry at all times and you need to draw all the aggro (especially on leona) on a basic attack right after you E. E is magic damage so minions won't start attacking you until you auto attack.

AD carries like draven especially have a harder time walking up to assist because if they throw an axe at a minion or are in the process of catching one they will wait to catch it and then walk up.

HowDoIShot

05-07-2014

As an aside, the only reason Leona didn't constantly die is she was Leona. If she were an Annie positioning like that, she'd be feeding all game.

Positioning too aggressively means offering free damage, and positioning too passively means removing yourself from the lane. Always always try to keep good positioning, or you will lose the lane phase.

KnivingDude

05-07-2014

I didn't read the other posts before mine - but from what I gather - the ADC dictates how their support acts? Or is it some kind of Democracy between the two? Or is it a Dictatorship of either the support or ADC?

Iips

05-07-2014

I love you op

TenSlashTen

05-07-2014

This is all info that should be known by anyone that plays bot lane at any point in their moba experience.
So good idea for posting this.

HowDoIShot

05-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnivingDude View Post
I didn't read the other posts before mine - but from what I gather - the ADC dictates how their support acts? Or is it some kind of Democracy between the two? Or is it a Dictatorship of either the support or ADC?
Honestly, they should be playing off of each other. Usually, though, bad things happen when your line isn't parallel with the creep wave, so if your lane partner's being an idiot, try to cover for him.

It's like... ideally, both members of the team are smart enough to position properly, but if one isn't, the best thing to do is to try to cover for him (by following) while trying to suggest a better path in chat or with pings. If you're doing the right thing and he's doing the wrong thing, bad news -- you're both wrong.

KnivingDude

05-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDoIShot View Post
Honestly, they should be playing off of each other. Usually, though, bad things happen when your line isn't parallel with the creep wave, so if your lane partner's being an idiot, try to cover for him.

It's like... ideally, both members of the team are smart enough to position properly, but if one isn't, the best thing to do is to try to cover for him (by following) while trying to suggest a better path in chat or with pings. If you're doing the right thing and he's doing the wrong thing, bad news -- you're both wrong.
Thanks for clearing it up for me. So I guess finding a parallel at bot to support each other comes with experience and also on how your support or ADC works. If it's Leona like OP is showing, it would've been better if they were aggressive together, especially if the ADC was Draven.

12345612 ... 13