Runes for Xin Zhao?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

COMMANDO MASTER

01-15-2011

Hey, I'm been playing Xin recently and decided to get some runes for him. I already have red armour penatration marks and mana per lvl 5 glyphs. I wanna know wat are some good yellow seals and quints for him. Plz leave an explanation why it is good. Also if u know a good jungling build plz post one. Thanks =)

ShadeOfMcLovin

01-15-2011

I usually use hp/lvl yellows and flat hp quints. Xin needs to get smack dab in the middle of **** in team fights to be any good, and on top of that he needs stack AS like an MF, so you can use a bit of a kick in the hp department. Also Xin's early game is a bit on the weak side, so you need something to help keep you in the lane and let you farm. At lvl 18 you wind up with like +260-ish hp. Starting off with +90 right off the bat in the beginning when you're weakest.

As far as blues go, mana regen per/lvl are fine, but CD reduction/lvl also work good too.

SynergyDreamer

01-15-2011

Marks: Armor Pen
Seals: Flat Armor or Dodge
Glyphs: CDR or MR/level
Quints: idk man, HP is universal but MS is nice too.

Neokenfu

01-15-2011

Hey guys,

I main Xin Zhao(400+ games) and wrote a guide that goes into exactly what runes I consider the best. Posting a new thread when there is another guide on page one addressing this exact topic is...less than ideal. The forums are not searchable and you can't be blamed for not wanting to sift through the dross...BUT the guide has been on page 1 all day.

Just in case you're too lazy to click the link:

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=448216

Mana regen on Xin is ******ed because he has the cheapest casting cost spells of any hero I've played(Q=30, W=35, E=70, & R=100). That does make mana pots viable at all points in the game or simply putting anything into the Utility tree for regen. CDR is so much better for blue it's not even funny. Also, you think 260 HP is really going to make the difference when you get focused by a bunch of people then you need to play Xin more.

Please respond on my guide if you want to discuss the pro's and con's of different setups(I'm here to talk/help/learn myself). When it comes to info on this game more is not necessarily better. If we could get one consolidated thread of all the differing Xin players opinions, it might be a lot better help for them.