Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Share] Your Experience as a Concept Creator

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Voidizarre

Recruiter

06-03-2014

^The last paragraph is so true. I'm not saying that the other paragraphs aren't but it's the best and most meaningful of them.

Kangarou

06-03-2014

Quote:
DKPaladinMDL:

When did you start playing League?
What rank are you/what's your honest estimate of how good you are?
What's your favorite role in League?
What's your favorite champion?

When did you start creating concepts for league?
What other games have you made concepts for?
Why, if you know, do you like to create champions and skins?
What is your favorite type of champion to create and why?
What "thing" are you working on right now? (Champ, skin, skills, reviews, nothing, other)

Started playing League a year ago, computer troubles have caused me to only be active recently (2 months-ish)

I'm unranked (LVL 18)/ Probably bad, but I've done well the few PvP games I've played

I don't have a favorite role, but I'm used to support/jungler since nobody ever wants to take the role. I do like playing jungler while on purple, so I don't have to deal with purple-side's camera issues.

Annie's my favorite character. I even made a character around Annie's #1 fan (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=4558989)

I started making concepts just a few weeks ago

I made concepts for another MOBA called Super Monday Night Combat. The game was/is dead compared to this one, but had a much more vibrant online forum.

I wonder how good my ideas actually are, and I like characters and their designs. I genuinely feel that Riot's roster is a bit basic, and try to come up with ideas that aren't done yet.

No favorite. I like to think of concepts, and apply a role to them afterwards. So far, I've literally made one of each role (Top/Jung/Mid/ADC/Supp), though some are hyrbids in multiple lane options.

I'm fixing my currently shown characters (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=4565810), but I'm having trouble getting a lot of feedback. I want to draw them.

BlindXSide

06-03-2014

Q: When did you start playing League?
A: I started roughly around September/November of 2013, out of sheer boredom one day and decided to give it a shot. I had tried League once in 2012 I believe, and if I recall right I was playing a round as Nasus.

Q: What rank are you/what's your honest estimate of how good you are?
A: I currently do not hold a rank because I just don't feel ready yet. My performance depends greatly on how my team does. For a majority of the part I consider myself to be a pretty good support and land some fantastic setups for my ADC.

Q: What's your favorite role in League?
A: Lately I've been playing a lot of 'unconventional' junglers, typically people who normally play mid lane. I spent a lot of my early time in League playing support and I did fairly well back then as well.

Q: What's your favorite champion?
A: This is actually a pretty tough question to answer. Lately I've been loving Diana a lot for the past month, as well as Braum since he came out. But for my absolute favorites I'm going to go with the two Champions who I had my eyes on since I joined League and that is Thresh and Zed. I just absolutely love them and can never get bored of them.

Q: When did you start creating concepts for league?
A: I started creating concepts for League I think roughly 1-2 months ago when I was up late at night and was just extremely bored, and decided to browse the League Forums. When I discovered this one I thought to myself Huh... Might as well give it a shot and that's how I got started.

Q: What other games have you made concepts for?
A: I don't make concepts for other games mostly because I haven't really played any games other than League recently, and definitely not something that you can go into depth as much as you can for League where you can work out several special abilities and numbers for them.

Q: Why, if you know, do you like to create champions and skins?
A: Before I played League of Legends, I roleplayed a lot on a site called GaiaOnline, which is an internet forum. From there I made (I still do) tons of characters to roleplay as, and I just like the idea of the character I play being A) A reflection of me or B) Something/Someone I can call my own.

Q: What is your favorite type of champion to create and why?
A: I don't really have a favorite type that I like to create, I mean so far I have created two Mages that can be a Tank/Support and an ADC, so just 3 characters in total. But I do have a feeling I will probably tend to create Mid Lane Champions for future concepts.

Q: What "thing" are you working on right now?
A: I'm not really doing anything right now except for getting reviews and attention for my most recent character that I spent a particularly a lot of my time on. Unfortunately I haven't been getting too many in depth reviews for her, most of them just being vague or simple like AP scaling seems a little broken (Not specifying anything in general) or Her name bothers me (Again suggestions for a change would be nice). I would greatly appreciate if you would check her out though and give a review of her. The link to her forum is below.

Hecate, The Dark Puppeteer (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=4541921)

ElementLlama

Recruiter

06-03-2014

I thought DK was for Donkey Kong..........

AmononDemora

06-03-2014

Last Season

Not Level 30, I can do flawless if I get my build and an AP/AD champ

Top lane or support

Pantheon / Singed, I do miss AP Yi

When I began playing

Left 4 Dead

I always have ideas in my head, And either get them out as poetry or make a concept out of them.

Support, they are what copes best with my ideas.

What "thing" are you working on right now? (Champ, skin, skills, reviews, nothing, other)
Rider, The Nightmare (working on the kinks) (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=47370952#post47370952)
and Maeglin, The Electric Bard of Piltover (been working on him since August) (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3868415)

Scilot

06-03-2014

Quote:

I started playing League in 2012 at the very end of Season 2 (about 10 days after Rengar came out). I probably would have never heard about League if I didn't see my friend drawing Varus's bow and ask what he was doing.
Quote:

I am unranked, but would think I am about Bronze 1 or Silver 5.
Quote:

My favorite role is Jungle. Its the only one I can play. I like playing weird champions jungle. Lately, I've been playing Teemo. Its not as bad as you would think. get blue, go to enemy red and stealth in bush. wait, smite and steal, then try to kill them.
Quote:

I have always liked Warwick, and I don't know why. I cant wait for his kit rework. I've been reading about what Riot is considering and it seems great.
Quote:

My first post was January 18, 2014 but I was working on it in December 2013. (Here's a link: http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=4206284)
Quote:

That's an easy one. None!
Quote:

Since I understood how to play League, I have been thinking of niches and abilities that I thought would work well and I wanted go tell the community.
Quote:

I like to make all roles of champions, but since I main jungle, I find it easiest to make jungles and top is similar to jungle so that too. ADCs are the hardest for me to make. I haven't made any yet.
Quote:

I have a few ideas in my head and am trying to get one or two on paper so I can post them. Right now I am working on an ADC from the Shadow Isles, a champion connected to another one of my concepts in Lore, and a Void Nami skin.

If you want to see my concepts go to this link! http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=45423214#post45423214

STK Gnar

06-04-2014

Well, it would appear that this thread has become popular again (Thanks, Katsuni :P).

In this case, to both show that I still exist and to actually say something, I'll place the intention from my other thread into this one:

Champion creation is fun, but a lot of times it requires feedback. Everything is more fun with friends, so wouldn't it be great if we could create some system to talk to each other quickly, faster than the forum? That way, if we needed help, or were bored and wanted to help with something, we could easily talk to someone with similar interests.

Since my web development skills are lacking, making an official app or site wouldn't really work, but the best way to get started would by skype. My skype name is DKPaladinMDL, anyone else here who has skype, add me, and add each other. This way we can get a friendly network of concept creators, which will be great for a variety of reasons.

Speaking of being able to comment around, I would also highly recommend that for scratch paper you use a google doc! I do this for everything, not just champion ideas, and it's nice to be able to have access to something from anywhere and be able to have multiple people collaborate on it at once. My current champion in progress is no exeption: -> Selina, The Blizzard's Edge (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SzJMzsSHHtoWP8nNrMD-kXh4gnFcerzeO2Qmv2PLouE/edit)

Katsuni

06-05-2014

Well, sort of popular. Not as much as it should be.

Seriously, people! Work together! Do that social networking stuff! Not joking, it's actually important, and makes the process a ton more fun.

Furious Ragnarok

06-05-2014

Q: When did you start playing League?
A: September 4, 2012
Q: What rank are you/what's your honest estimate of how good you are?
A: Silver IV/Gold I
Q: What's your favorite role in League?
A: Jungle
Q: What's your favorite champion?
A: Rengar

Q: When did you start creating concepts for league?
A: January 2013
Q: What other games have you made concepts for?
A: HoTS, Smite
Q: Why, if you know, do you like to create champions and skins?
A: Because I enjoy how it can bring a community together on one subject and also I enjoy the thrill I get when I make something not only I enjoy but others too.
Q: What is your favorite type of champion to create and why?
A: Majority of my concepts are spread out between Assassin, and Bruisers
Q: What "thing" are you working on right now? (Champ, skin, skills, reviews, nothing, other)
A: Champ, Named Xan, The Shadows Host (for formally known as Xan, the disgraced) and reviews.