Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Discussing using TT to work on mechanics

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gosu Man

Recruiter

05-04-2014

Do you think TT is a good map to try to learn mechanics on? I want to play TT instead of SR because TT matches are pretty short and they rush into mid and late game faster. What do you guys think?

plug: http://www.twitch.tv/zorbadian/

CollectiveFury

05-04-2014

If you play Twisted Treeline, you will NEVER get ganked on Summoner's Rift.

redgod7

05-04-2014

This is not ture. I think TT is detrimental to map awareness and lane positioning skills because your jungler always invades their jungle lve 2 thus, it gives vision of their jungler and ruins the surprise element of the gank. I personally know where everyone is and what they are going to do before they do it 90% of the time because its such a small map and there isnt much room for alternative jungle paths and ect.

Troy L Jenkins

05-05-2014

This question assumes some things that you don't state, so any answers you get are going to be flawed. But...

TT is good for learning mechanics if your playing TT. If you mean "should i use TT for SR practice" then hell no. The game from start to finish is much different on TT than SR.

Use SR for SR practice.

Although TT does force you to constantly look at the minimap more than you might in SR, as MIAs are often just courtesies. If you wait for an MIA on TT , your probably already dead. (to over simplify)

DeadBØurne

Recruiter

05-09-2014

swag

DeadBØurne

Recruiter

05-09-2014

troy

redgod7

05-18-2014

Quote:
Troy L Jenkins:

Although TT does force you to constantly look at the minimap more than you might in SR, as MIAs are often just courtesies. If you wait for an MIA on TT , your probably already dead. (to over simplify)

If you want to get map awareness go into a custom game and every time u last hit or auto a minion wave quickly look at the minimap / press f2 and f3 and look at the champions Mana / HP as well as the minion wave size and HP. Your standing still during that animation and cant move. So use this time to to analyze what ur team is thinking.

Also know how fast a champion moves. How fast with out boots can you reach the T2 Turret. How fast can you reach T2 Turret with 335 MS? You need to do know these values and every time they back or die do a quick calculation their MS + their abilities that give them movement so you can know where they can be. If they are not back in lane at right time it can mean that they waited for a potion/item or walking trough jungle.

If you get this down you know how much you can overstay and predict where they can be. I Play a ton of bot games and i honestly think that's the best way to practice mechanics and map awareness.

Maybe this is little hardcore and im prly the only one that does this.You could get challenger without it. I know i barely stared doing this about 3 weeks ago. but it definitely helps and can take you to the next lve.

Aithòs

05-19-2014

3v3 is a great way to practice mechanics and map awareness. Redgod, I respect you as a player, but I disagree with you about being detrimental to map awareness. Think of it this way, in 3s there are no wards and because of the size of the map and the constant rotation and teamfighting you need to know where people are at all times. It forces you to pay attention to the map and keep track of players. On the other hand in 5s: say I'm a top lane (that's my main in both 3s and 5s), I can drop a ward in the bush and if I'm not running TP I can just farm all game until 20 min and literally ignore everything as long as my opponent is in lane. It doesn't teach me to watch for roam opportunities, to spot ganks based on where I saw a jungler because of a deep ward in the jungler, it doesn't encourage me to run TP and watch for bot to be overextended with a ward in the bush, etc.

I also think because of the pace and the lack of a laning phase 3s does a great job of teaching you how to beat an enemy in lane. I know my trading ability, zoning and positioning all got tremendously better in just a few weeks of 3s. I also got much better at teamfight awareness and controlling objectives. Maybe that's because I was a silver solo queue player (and still am since I don't really play it anymore) so I had a lot more to learn than say a plat+ player, but I found 3s tremendously beneficial.

Aithòs

05-19-2014

With that being said, don't expect 3s to magically make you a better player. I see people all the time in 3v3 chat who think they know everything even if they are unranked and when a better player gives them advice they insult and ignore. You need to play with people better than you, accept good advice when it's given and learn the meta (because it's wildly different than 5s) if you expect to get anything out of it.

Being a gold, plat or even diamond solo queue player doesn't make you automatically better than a 3s player who is silver in solo queue. I'm silver in solo queue and I routinely beat plat and diamond players in lane. It's very rare I match up with someone who's really good in solo queue who straight up stomps me in lane. Solo queue has no bearing on 3v3, and from a meta standpoint the same is true in the reverse. The only thing that transfers is mechanical skill and awareness.