The twitch nerf...

First Riot Post
12345 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

renticletape

01-09-2010

So the leaked patch info says twitch is getting the following nerfs:

- Increased cool down on his ult.
- Lowered attack speed bonus.

The real question is "Will it be enough?"
Also nothing addressed issues with its range vs towers, proccing what should only be single target on-hit effects in an AOE, and 100% undiminished piercing shots on his ult. Also nothing leaked out so far addressing the use of oracles as a viable counter to twitch because of range limitations.

I believe the leak of this information (leak credited to Larias in his video blog), I think this this is worth some discussion.

My opinion is that a cool down increase or attack speed change does not address the current issues with his ult that causes it to be overpowered. I think we will still see top level games that consist of twitch+kayle+morgana. The only difference I see now is that more of their ults will be more in synchronization with each other.

Piranha Petunia

01-09-2010

Agreed, this doesn't begin to address the problem.

YummyCheese

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

01-09-2010

Don't overnerf anything. I think Riot is taking the right path by not over-nerfing it. I'd rather Twitch be too poewrful for a little while longer than be completely useless.

Furthermore, lowering the range, and therefore being IN tower range, decreases the options/functionality of the ultimate.

More options = More choices = More interesting = More CHOOSING = More SKILL

If we decrease the range that would be a SIGNIFIGANT nerf, and also give Twitch players less options.

Either way this nerf DOES make his ultimate weaker, which is the biggest problem with him ATM, and also doesn't decrease his number of options (BDing towers is still possible, but less attractive as CD is longer). I think this is a step in the right direction. Without seeing NUMBERS, it's impossible to know for sure, but I think it's OK.

Piranha Petunia

01-09-2010

And what about on hit effects landing on all 5 of then enemy at once?

Larias

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

01-09-2010

I listed one nerf.

That does not mean that it will be the only nerf.

The sky is not falling.

railspider

01-09-2010

Tell us more things Larias!

SlyGoat

01-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larias View Post
I listed one nerf.

The sky is not falling.
+1 to a champion with an ult that makes the sky fall.

You're a genius, Larias.

Piranha Petunia

01-09-2010

Quote:
I listed one nerf.

The sky is not falling.

That's what one one would figure.

Notice that I didn't got into a rant

The last post I made was just mostly asking what he thought about the mechanic I mentioned, as that is the most OP part of his Ult imo, and he didn't mention it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyGoat View Post
+1 to a champion with an ult that makes the sky fall.

You're a genius, Larias.
Well said

Larias

Adjudicator

01-09-2010

I feel like I should /nick Ghostcrawler, but then that would mean I would automatically ignore the pleas of certain parts of the community like he does with Elemental shaman.

Piranha Petunia

01-09-2010

Quote:
I feel like I should /nick Ghostcrawler, but then that would mean I would automatically ignore the pleas of certain parts of the community like he does with Elemental shaman.

That one took me a few minutes to figure out.

But if you did that, you would be 2 years or so too early in the development of a game.

12345 ... 11