Stuck on Archive_1.raf

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HecticPredator

Recruiter

07-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by senortesta View Post
This worked except all I did was forcequit kernal and wait a couple minutes
How long did it stay at "Archive_1.raf" before it started changing and finished?

RobinTheeHood

Recruiter

07-08-2014

Why is no one fixing this

DeathStalkerx

07-10-2014

I was having issues with this problem EXACTLY (614MB remaining, Archive_1.raf stuck), and I think that it is an error associated with the way they choose to rename (instead of moving) their stuff. If you look through the logs, you'll probably come across something like (unable to rename /var/tmp/________ to /......../archive_1.raf).

I fixed that issue on my case-sensitive filesystem, which I just posted here. If you ignore all of the 'case-sensitive' references, and follow the rest of the prompt, it might just work for you.
Specifically:
sudo rm -rf /var/tmp
sudo ln -s /volumes/[name]/tmp /var/tmp

Mighty Duck 16

07-17-2014

I was having this exact same issue where it always got stuck on Archive_1.raf and then went to 0 Kbps. I went to the troubleshooting link from the first page of this post and tried the DNS step (going into system preferences and adding 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 to your DNS list) and after a minute or two the patcher started moving again

SilentSith

Recruiter

07-24-2014

Hey i was having this problem as well then i restarted my modem and it finished updating hope this works for others

lovepatch

07-31-2014

I have been having this problem now for the past two days. All advice is good and implementing the changes helps to blow off steam, but the lack of support from Riot on this issue is simply astounding. If anyone has other suggestions, they would be much appreciated.

Theironxman

08-02-2014

Yeah I have the same problem, stupid Riot need to learn to help other people, I heard getting rid of the solutions file helped many people.

AznMom420

08-07-2014

After two failed installs getting stuck at archive_l I let the client sit and changed my DNS server to the google public DNS 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4 which resolved the issue after a long wait. Before the DNS change I was getting half of my total download speed, afterwards I'm getting my full DL speed. If the client is underperforming according to your usual ISP's performance consider fowarding ports/DNS server switches.

Just before that I'd forcequit the nonresponsive kernel for lol in activity monitor and set the permissions on my lol install with chmod -R a+rwx "/Applications/League of Legends.app" (replace filepath with the path to your lol file) in terminal. But neither seemed to change the install.

sdbeast13

08-15-2014

when all hope was lost i took this advice and it totally worked for me <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkChop666 View Post
Im a mac user and Iv'e figured out a way to fully download the 4.7 patch.If you're getting stuck at 99%, 389mb or so, and archive_1.raf. this is what worked for me and hopefully it will work for some of you.

I was running snow leopard and i couldn't get passed 99% while trying to patch. I downloaded mavric 10.9.2 and re-downloaded LOL.
trying to patch agin. (Not sure if you need to download mavric's but its what i did)

when you're patcher gets stuck, wait and see if the estimated time remaining is fluctuating. If it is its a good thing.
when it gets stuck ignore it and go on the internet or something. but don't leave you're computer or aft. go on the internet or something while you're waiting. If you don't chances are the application will quit if left too long. check the patcher every so often and if the estimated time stops fluctuating and starts counting down steadily wait till the time hits 0 and the patcher will resume downloading.

After that point my patcher got stuck agin and the estimated timer started fluctuating. I did the same thing. I ignored it and went no the internet checking the patcher every so often. eventually the estimated timer stopped fluctuating and started to count down steadily. once the timer hit 0 seconds left the rest of the patcher began to download.

This is what worked for me and hopefully it will work for some of you. And agin i don't know if you have to download mavrics or not but its what worked for me.

itsfaithyo

08-27-2014

I recently had this problem and it worked for me to just wait it out, I believe that the archive_1.raf file isnt even something that you downloaded I think its just code to store all the stuff that you have downloaded.