Stuck on Archive_1.raf

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GubernacuIum

05-02-2014

From what I have read a lot of people are having this problem. I would like see what ppl have tried and have been doing and to see if anyone has had any luck.

Solution 1 - delete and reinstall - tried this about 10 times (placed in in different places like /Applications, /Desktop, and other hard drives

Solution 2 - Open up terminal and run this command: chmod -R a+rwx "/Applications/League of Legends.app" (suggested by riot, however did not work, try this command wherever u placed LOL.app)

Solution 3 - Someone suggested it being the internet problem (however I have a feeling its something to do with the FILE itself or client) Tried this to fix the so called network problem

Changing to Public DNS
Open System Preferences
Open the Network preference pane
Select the active connection on the left, and click the "Advanced..." button in the lower right hand corner
Click "DNS" from the selection bar.
Remove any current DNS entries, and input the following public DNS servers:
Save your changes by selecting “OK”
Apply the changes by clicking "Apply" in the lower right hand corner (this did not work)

Solution 4 - I noticed that USERkernel.LOL freezes and force quit this while running the patch - not a solution

Solution 5 - Someone said it was a visual bug in which the patcher doesn't show any progress but really its still patching (let it sit for 5 hours - still no luck)

Solution 6 - Tried to repair - no such luck

Solution 7 - changed regions - no luck

Solution 8 - someone said that in the RAD/Solution folder the file is corrupted and hence needs to be deleted - tried that did not work

Solution 9 - Turn off firewall and anti-virus - I have none of those

BTW I am running OS 10.9.2 and I do not pin it to the DOCK (I have discovered that I think at the end of season 3 if u pin it to your dock it doesn't work)

If anyone has tried something and it has WORKED tell us. IF you tried something else from this list TELL US. I don't think RIOT will help us with this issue so let us work together . From my past experience with Riot, since season 1 I've had little help with them helping Mac users. Let us work together

GubernacuIum

05-03-2014

Tried a few more things that I saw on EUW/EUNE forums

Solution 10 - Deleted RAD/Solutions Folder (this got me all the way to 99% but failed on Arhive_1.raf (which is slightly different because normally 93% is where I fail

Solution 11 - Someone recommended that it was a Maestro Error like effect......deleted some files in client (check EUW forums for the solution) I lost the link in my history

Solution 12 - Update to 10.9.3 (newest OSX - apparently this worked for some in EUW)

LuckyBags

05-03-2014

Same issue, never seen anything remotely helpful on this topic. I've gotten to install perfectly first try on a 27 inch mac running 10.6 but it consistently fails on laptops running newer OS. I've been looking for a solution for quite a long time in forums and on google, part of the problem is that this happens at the end of the install so it takes a massive amount of time to troubleshoot.

plyr

05-05-2014

Hi is there any updates on this? Been searching for a while now as I am having the same issue installing for the first time

LoLSkilGameKappa

05-06-2014

Got the same problem, anyone found a solution?

GubernacuIum

05-07-2014

i sent a ticket and we are troubleshooting. if i find a solution i will post it but the outlook is grim

GubernacuIum

05-08-2014

So after much discussion with riot employees and support they think its a network problem.

If anyone has this problem try this:

https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...s/26932010#wq7

This does not work for me but its worth a try.

I do think I found a solution and will let you guys know if it works out.

Lightl0rd

05-08-2014

Was having this problem forever, tried nearly every solution listed including port forwarding but would still get stuck on archive_1.raf

Finally, I started my computer in safe mode w/ networking and tried patching League there. It took a little while but I was overly happy when my play button lit up orange!

I'm not sure if this will work for everyone, but it worked like a charm for me: the only downside is that it's about 2:30 am and I'm far too tired to play now.

LoLSkilGameKappa

05-09-2014

*OK guys i was able to install it, although im not sure what fixed it. One of the last things I tried was to turn on microsoft .NET framework in programs and features>turn windows features on or off and then tick everything in the microsoft .NET framework tab.

Also for some reason my connection was rly slow when I patched (~500kbps), so the bottom part stalled before the download part reached 389MB. So i see the download stall at 389MB and im thinking its the same as before but i still give it a moment and to my great surprise after about 2 minutes the download resumes by itself and patching completes.

FortheGP

05-13-2014

I think I have a similar problem. I did a system restore earlier and afterwards whenever I opened the client, I could get to the launcher but after pressing Play, nothing happened. So I deleted it and I've been trying to reinstall for a while now but my download is stuck at 389MB just like the poster above me. Really weird . As I type this, I think it started working again. It still says I'm downloading at 0kbps but my time remaining dropped from like 400 hours to about half an hour. Also, it's going through file names really quickly (you know, the grey part next to the green bar).

The solution, unless my connection is gonna mess up again before my download finishes, seems to be to just wait it out.

Scratch that, I'm back up to 18 hours.

Edit: yeah, waiting it out isn't it. My time is back up to 44 hours. My explorer.exe seems to randomly **** up simultaneously to when the patcher malfunctions too, which is really weird.

Edit: didn't work and I left it overnight to download. Waiting is definitely not a good solution. Gonna try changing my NET framework settings