Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

In honor of my best friend Connor

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phormer

Senior Recruiter

05-02-2014

Hello, League of Legends community. One week ago on April 25, 2014, I lost my best friend Connor to Brain Cancer. Today his mother found a note addressed to me, telling me to tell his story to all of you. Connor Phillips or as i called him... Twitch (his favorite champ)... was 18 when he was diagnosed with Brain Cancer. After being told he was going to die all he wanted to do was play League of Legends. So he did just that. He grew very fond of the champion Twitch and so we all called him twitch. He played only Twitch for remainder of his life. He even got all the way to Gold 2 with just Twitch. In January of 2014 his cancer took a turn for the worst. He began to have trouble playing the game and he was always hooked up to some kind of machine. He was about ready to die and he knew it was happening. He had given up and didn't want to fight it anymore. But then the Twitch visual upgrade was announced. At that moment he gave up on giving up. He continued to fight the cancer and refused to die. He was determined to play as Twitch after his rework. Connor passed away from Brain Cancer on April 25, 2014 at the age of 20. He got to play as Twitch after the rework. He was able to die happy. The note his mother found said these words "What doesn't kill you just isn't finished yet" (Twitch's champ select quote). Rest In Peace Connor "Twitch" Phillips!!!

Turtle vs Beaver

05-02-2014

awww...

Carapau

05-02-2014

not even crying

Rengar is life

05-02-2014

I'm so sorry to hear about Connor, may he rest in peace.

Can like Riot honour Connor's amazing dedication to Twitch in some way?

671NOOB671

05-02-2014

0/10...
I knew connor she didnt die by brain cancer she died by BLUE BALLS....

Phormer

Senior Recruiter

05-02-2014

Quote:
Rengar is life:
I'm so sorry to hear about Connor, may he rest in peace.

Can like Riot honour Connor's amazing dedication to Twitch in some way?

I wish they could I just don't know how

tempname85964787

05-02-2014

Sorry for your loss

Ogre and Out

05-02-2014

OP hit me right in the feels I am so glad he got to experience the VU.

You know a Jax skin comes with a line saying "Here's to you, kid", for a Sarcoma patient named Joe who visited Riot and passed away 2 years ago. http://forums.euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=685165
Buying that skin donated to the Make-A-Wish foundation. I wonder if they can do a campaign like that again this year?

Rest in peace, Connor Twitch Phillips. He must've been so brave to keep on going.

DeeJayEcks

05-02-2014

Quote:
671NOOB671:
0/10...
I knew connor she didnt die by brain cancer she died by BLUE BALLS....

die

Phormer

Senior Recruiter

05-02-2014

Quote:
Bee and Puppycat:
OP hit me right in the feels I am so glad he got to experience the VU.

You know a Jax skin comes with a line saying "Here's to you, kid", for a Sarcoma patient named Joe who visited Riot and passed away 2 years ago. http://forums.euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=685165
Buying that skin donated to the Make-A-Wish foundation. I wonder if they can do a campaign like that again this year?

Rest in peace, Connor Twitch Phillips. He must've been so brave to keep on going.

i wonder how i could get the story to riot for them to consider doing anything like that