Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

We Made ARAM, You F'd it Up

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

At Least You Try

05-07-2014

Quote:
GrosPigeon:
You said something completely meaningless because you don't actually have anything to say and I called you out on it. And now you're trying to distract everyone from the fact that you are a complete moron by bringing up the subject of education, which again doesn't mean anything in the context of this thread.

You can educate yourself as much as you want, you're still nothing but another idiot with a diploma who thinks he is entitled to something because he has become good at taking tests. It's too bad they don't teach how to be smart.

What? I actually wrote most of that. The only thing he wrote is "that's better?"

3rdWorstPlayerNA

05-07-2014

[QUOTE=At Least You Try;46969044]
This is why I'm not gonna spend anymore money on this game, and I will never spend money on a game in the future.[/QUOTE]

Damn, well, guess everyone isn't a gamer for life. Have fun.. umm.. well, you can't even play Bingo. Well, just have fun, best wishes.

At Least You Try

05-07-2014

Quote:
3rdWorstPlayerNA:
[QUOTE=At Least You Try;46969044]
This is why I'm not gonna spend anymore money on this game, and I will never spend money on a game in the future.[/QUOTE]

Damn, well, guess everyone isn't a gamer for life. Have fun.. umm.. well, you can't even play Bingo. Well, just have fun, best wishes.

I didn't say I wouldn't use server resources for free.

Crapshait

05-07-2014

At Least You Try, although I wasn't here for when ARAM was a custom only game, I find that your post is very true. I've sunk thousands of hours there getting stuck under the turret. But another "complaint" I would add is that if any of the teams get bush first, they control the beginning of the match. Unless they have team pokes a-lot. And they stay there making it super easy for them to poke but for characters who can only target, they get ****ed in the ***.

3rdWorstPlayerNA

05-07-2014

Quote:
At Least You Try:
[QUOTE=3rdWorstPlayerNA;46969510]

I didn't say I wouldn't use server resources for free.

heh Well most free to play games are pay to win. But that's just my opinion.

Igglepud

05-07-2014

Quote:
GrosPigeon:
You said something completely meaningless because you don't actually have anything to say and I called you out on it. And now you're trying to distract everyone from the fact that you are a complete moron by bringing up the subject of education, which again doesn't mean anything in the context of this thread.

You can educate yourself as much as you want, you're still nothing but another idiot with a diploma who thinks he is entitled to something because he has become good at taking tests. It's too bad they don't teach how to be smart.

I want to know where I mentioned education at all.

You resort to name calling. I win.

Igglepud

05-07-2014

Quote:
At Least You Try:
It really doesn't matter at all if the game mode is ARAM, both teams should have a 50% chance to win the game (ideally). But I understand that the random nature of the game makes that almost impossible.

What's unacceptable here is that some games, some teams have an exactly 0% chance of winning the game. They have to spend 20 minutes under a turret getting poked down by the enemy, not even being able to interact with them at all.

And the worst part is that I am actually held prisoner in those games. Don't like your 0% chance to win? Can't go afk. You must sit under the turret and deal with it. It's really kind of ridiculous.

This I completely agree with. I don't understand why we can't /ff until the 20 minute mark, when a full game in ARAM can be less than that. Give us a 5 minute surrender.

FDru

05-08-2014

Quote:
Igglepud:
This I completely agree with. I don't understand why we can't /ff until the 20 minute mark, when a full game in ARAM can be less than that. Give us a 5 minute surrender.

Oh the whole "let us surrender after first blood" argument? (basically, lol)

Look if your team is willing to give up, then give up. Sit at base and let minions take out your base in 6 minutes. If your team is not willing to give up... well, then I guess that your demand for early surrenders is a bit meaningless isn't it?

himans45

05-08-2014

WHAT DO YOU WANT THEM TO DO. It's ****ing random, what do you expect them to so to balance it? If you don't like the randomness, and the random chance to win don't play arams.

Euthrosyne

05-08-2014

I think people are confusing the inherent randomness of the system with several *actual* flaws that exist in it, like mana regen, the dis/appearance of health relics on the minimap, and how certain heroes possess too powerful a skillset for the mechanics of the MAP itself.

So don't spurt out this **** about ARAM's randomness being the predominant thing screwing over the map. Yes, it makes it hard to balance, but it's not the gaping wound that you make it out to be.