Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

We Made ARAM, You F'd it Up

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

At Least You Try

05-04-2014

Quote:
Igglepud:
This is not true. I own every single champ and play ARAM almost exclusively.

As for the OP, I don't see the problem. That's ARAM. Sometimes you get to face off against Ziggs, then next game he's on your team. I once had Sona, Ziggs, Nid, Soraka, and another poker on my team. We steamrolled the game in 10 minutes because they built no MR and never regrouped to have everyone up with a full health bar. I have also been on the receiving end of those comps. It all balances out. You might need to change your build a bit, but there is always a way to deal with poke.

It's not fun for me when my team is 1,000,000 times overpowered just as much as it's not fun when the enemy team is 1,000,000 times overpowered.

Igglepud

05-05-2014

Quote:
At Least You Try:
It's not fun for me when my team is 1,000,000 times overpowered just as much as it's not fun when the enemy team is 1,000,000 times overpowered.

Then don't play ARAM. With random team selection, those things are going to happen. And other times they're not.

At Least You Try

05-06-2014

Quote:
Igglepud:
Then don't play ARAM. With random team selection, those things are going to happen. And other times they're not.

Hey, I'm going to give you some advice that you're very badly in need of: Shut the **** up. This is true especially when you don't know what the **** it is you're talking about. Imagine yourself making an argument, and I blurt out a gem like you just did to me. I ignored your argument entirely, probably because I'm too stupid to read, and I added somethingf unconstructive to the argument, which is just what you did. You're not counter-arguing, you're just being a dumbass.

The truth is I don't know your life. MAYBE YOU DON'T HAVE TO KNOW ****. Maybe you haven't had your ass reamed out before for trying to speak about something you don't know what the **** it is you're talking about. I don't know. Maybe you are legitimately able to get through life by not knowing **** and ignorantly thinking you know it all. Again, I don't know. But don't ****ing speak to someone who has spent a great deal of time educating themselves like you do the dumbasses you surround yourself with.

Now, I really don't think your bronze brain is grasping what I'm actually saying here.

The player base invented ARAMS. We used to play these games in custom. Since the ARAM que was introduced, the player base decided to use that instead of customs. The thing is the custom games were much more balanced and Riot really ****ing unbalanced the mode with their stupidity.

I can understand why they increased mana regen on the map. They want the games to be short, they want action to happen during the time, but it really ****ing made some champions downright stupid to the point you can't even interact with the enemy team. It's not fun, nobody has fun being poked under turrets to death and not even getting the chance to engage. Valve has an excellent philosophy and that is games are fun when both teams have a 50% chance of winning. This is not the case.

I can manage 60%+ win ratios with a few champions on this map and they just need to be balanced.

Igglepud

05-06-2014

I was around for the custom games, so take your own advice. And if you can't handle random champ select, play a different game mode. I know that's how random works.

GrosPigeon

05-06-2014

Quote:
Igglepud:
With random team selection, those things are going to happen. And other times they're not.
Wow much wisdom many deep such think wow

Igglepud

05-06-2014

Quote:
GrosPigeon:
Wow much wisdom many deep such think wow

And...

"... MAYBE YOU DON'T HAVE TO KNOW ****. Maybe you haven't had your ass reamed out before for trying to speak about something you don't know what the **** it is you're talking about... Maybe you are legitimately able to get through life by not knowing **** and ignorantly thinking you know it all. ... But don't ****ing speak to someone who has spent a great deal of time educating themselves like you do the dumbasses you surround yourself with."

That's better?

At Least You Try

05-06-2014

Quote:
Igglepud:
And...

"... MAYBE YOU DON'T HAVE TO KNOW ****. Maybe you haven't had your ass reamed out before for trying to speak about something you don't know what the **** it is you're talking about... Maybe you are legitimately able to get through life by not knowing **** and ignorantly thinking you know it all. ... But don't ****ing speak to someone who has spent a great deal of time educating themselves like you do the dumbasses you surround yourself with."

That's better?

You wouldn't be hearing that if you actually had something to say. You're just being a dumbass and I'm responding in kind. If you came here and made an intelligent argument, I would be showing you respect right now. If you made a good point, I would recognize it and morph my own views.

But you didn't. You made a very stupid comment that required the processing power of a nine-year-olds brain to make: seriously. You added absolutely nothing to this conversation and you absolutely deserved to be reamed out right now.

And it's happened to me before too. I tried to talk about something I didn't know anything about and people have corrected me in a similar, blunt tone. And I learned.

Bions

05-07-2014

Quote:
At Least You Try:
Before you guys decided to funnel your ****ing player base into your ****ty game mode ARAM it wasn't as nearly unbalanced as it is now.

FIX YOUR MAP.

You guys decided to buff pokers and wave clearers into ****ing oblivion by making a cannon minion come every second wave and adding health packs. You know who health packs benefit? Strong pokers and push comps. I love having the enemy team get Sona, Lux, Nidalee, Varus, and Ziggs and control my health pack all day. It's much fun.

Not only that but champions with zone control and map control are too strong. I love watching ziggs control ****ing half of the walk way for 10 seconds. And the other half for 5 with his goddam satchel charge.

Then you have champions with map control. Ever play against a Teemo with a Shaco? Good look winning that one. Champions with traps are ****ing ridiculous when they have strong waveclear and poke with them. They'll keep you pushed to turret all day and even if you win a fight, good luck getting to their turrets to put damage on it.

While it is true that the map in it's current state is unbalanced, it doesn't mean it's an unbalancable format

By definition, the map being random means there are going to be better comps than others, it doesn't matter what kind of map you play in. Having said that, if Riot wanted, they could favor the format to be more forgiving towards melee champs or champs that lack poke and waveclear. They could make the game harder to win if you're ahead, just like in dominion. They could add more items and remove items that cause more problem than they solve. They could increase the durability of buildings to make the games last longer. They could move the health relics further in the back and make them respawn faster to favor losing teams.

All these simple debatable options can move the map to a happier place, there's no need to abandon yourself to pessimism. All we need is some more attentions from Riot, and to get that, we need show them that the format is viable and not filled with the hundreds of whiny threads we see everyday.

GrosPigeon

05-07-2014

Quote:
Igglepud:
And...

That's better?
You said something completely meaningless because you don't actually have anything to say and I called you out on it. And now you're trying to distract everyone from the fact that you are a complete moron by bringing up the subject of education, which again doesn't mean anything in the context of this thread.

You can educate yourself as much as you want, you're still nothing but another idiot with a diploma who thinks he is entitled to something because he has become good at taking tests. It's too bad they don't teach how to be smart.

At Least You Try

05-07-2014

You're thinking in terms of a game. The fact of the matter is league of legends is a product, and some of us are customers. If you spent hundreds of dollars on a product and it's not delivering on its promises, you would be pissed off too.

It really doesn't matter at all if the game mode is ARAM, both teams should have a 50% chance to win the game (ideally). But I understand that the random nature of the game makes that almost impossible.

What's unacceptable here is that some games, some teams have an exactly 0% chance of winning the game. They have to spend 20 minutes under a turret getting poked down by the enemy, not even being able to interact with them at all.

And the worst part is that I am actually held prisoner in those games. Don't like your 0% chance to win? Can't go afk. You must sit under the turret and deal with it. It's really kind of ridiculous.

If you want to call it whining, that's fine. We're not wrong in saying ARAM is ridiculously unbalanced right now. Riot didn't have to take the game mode under their wing and call it their own. They wouldn't even be hearing our complaints right now if they didn't. BUT THEY DID.

We're customers, and we're angry because the game that most the second most amount of money last year is incapable of getting anything done. All they seem to care about is the eSports scene and they seem to put them WAY ahead of us.

This is why I'm not gonna spend anymore money on this game, and I will never spend money on a game in the future.