Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

We Made ARAM, You F'd it Up

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

At Least You Try

05-01-2014

Before you guys decided to funnel your ****ing player base into your ****ty game mode ARAM it wasn't as nearly unbalanced as it is now.

FIX YOUR MAP.

You guys decided to buff pokers and wave clearers into ****ing oblivion by making a cannon minion come every second wave and adding health packs. You know who health packs benefit? Strong pokers and push comps. I love having the enemy team get Sona, Lux, Nidalee, Varus, and Ziggs and control my health pack all day. It's much fun.

Not only that but champions with zone control and map control are too strong. I love watching ziggs control ****ing half of the walk way for 10 seconds. And the other half for 5 with his goddam satchel charge.

Then you have champions with map control. Ever play against a Teemo with a Shaco? Good look winning that one. Champions with traps are ****ing ridiculous when they have strong waveclear and poke with them. They'll keep you pushed to turret all day and even if you win a fight, good luck getting to their turrets to put damage on it.

Euthrosyne

05-01-2014

*shrugs*

Riot has concluded that ARAM as a mode is unbalanceable, so they decided to strip all the support from the map as a whole.

There's no incentive for them to fix anything. Period. We don't make them money. We don't increase or improve the player base. We're in the same boat as Dominion, maps that are still here because Riot deems keeping a person on life-support cost-effective, regardless of the quality of life of that patient.

In a sentence, we aren't SR.

You really want the crux of the problem? It's mana regen.

BryceX

05-01-2014

Quote:
At Least You Try:
Before you guys decided to funnel your ****ing player base into your ****ty game mode ARAM it wasn't as nearly unbalanced as it is now.

FIX YOUR MAP.

You guys decided to buff pokers and wave clearers into ****ing oblivion by making a cannon minion come every second wave and adding health packs. You know who health packs benefit? Strong pokers and push comps. I love having the enemy team get Sona, Lux, Nidalee, Varus, and Ziggs and control my health pack all day. It's much fun.

Not only that but champions with zone control and map control are too strong. I love watching ziggs control ****ing half of the walk way for 10 seconds. And the other half for 5 with his goddam satchel charge.

Then you have champions with map control. Ever play against a Teemo with a Shaco? Good look winning that one. Champions with traps are ****ing ridiculous.

I agree with everything you said except the traps part. Although AP itemization against traps is now a little uneasy thanks to the new Sweeper, Lightbringer is still a decent buy. Nid and Cait traps though...

I think another thing is also the passive mana regen. It helps some champs stay relevant, but on others, they become resourceless pretty much.

At Least You Try

05-01-2014

Quote:
BryceX:
I agree with everything you said except the traps part. Although AP itemization against traps is now a little uneasy thanks to the new Sweeper, Lightbringer is still a decent buy. Nid and Cait traps though...

I think another thing is also the passive mana regen. It helps some champs stay relevant, but on others, they become resourceless pretty much.

I can see why you disagree with the traps, but it's only really a problem when they have strong push and poke and you don't. Because the enemy will just constantly keep you pushed to turret and even if you manage to win the fight, you just don't have enough time to go through the traps with low health (because you just fought) and get to the turret.

BryceX

05-01-2014

Quote:
At Least You Try:
I can see why you disagree with the traps, but it's only really a problem when they have strong push and poke and you don't. Because the enemy will just constantly keep you pushed to turret and even if you manage to win the fight, you just don't have enough time to go through the traps with low health (because you just fought) and get to the turret.

Ah, yeah, their usefulness changes exponentially in that case, I remember never being able to engage on a team with nid or shaco. Boring as all hell.

Kalarepa

05-03-2014

Imo, HA should be a bit narrower. I think, it would fix a lot of problems.

And the dumbest thing is that the lane is especially tight next to the first tower. Yeah, let's make it even harder to dodge poke for the losing team.

@edit I meant wider, not narrower. Sorry, english isn't my native.

Igglepud

05-03-2014

Quote:
Euthrosyne:
*shrugs*

We don't make them money.

This is not true. I own every single champ and play ARAM almost exclusively.

As for the OP, I don't see the problem. That's ARAM. Sometimes you get to face off against Ziggs, then next game he's on your team. I once had Sona, Ziggs, Nid, Soraka, and another poker on my team. We steamrolled the game in 10 minutes because they built no MR and never regrouped to have everyone up with a full health bar. I have also been on the receiving end of those comps. It all balances out. You might need to change your build a bit, but there is always a way to deal with poke.

Euthrosyne

05-03-2014

Quote:
Igglepud:
This is not true. I own every single champ and play ARAM almost exclusively.

As for the OP, I don't see the problem. That's ARAM. Sometimes you get to face off against Ziggs, then next game he's on your team. I once had Sona, Ziggs, Nid, Soraka, and another poker on my team. We steamrolled the game in 10 minutes because they built no MR and never regrouped to have everyone up with a full health bar. I have also been on the receiving end of those comps. It all balances out. You might need to change your build a bit, but there is always a way to deal with poke.

Really? So all the promotions and advertisements occur because the Esports tournaments are played on the Howling Abyss? I hadn't noticed in all this time, I must be blind or something.

Note that when I say we, I talk about all people who play ARAM, regardless of whether or not they have the RP to buy champions. It's nice that you went ahead and did that, but one person's contribution probably keeps the building(s) running for a day at the most?

As per balance... I'm somewhat flabbergasted by that statement. It's like saying, "Oh, I beat up people a bunch, but it's ok because I get beat up too, and it all balances out." When you have an inherently flawed system, the law of averages does not make the system somehow right.

*shrug*

We have but this to work with.

Ruler

05-03-2014

Quote:
Kalarepa:
Imo, HA should be a bit narrower. I think, it would fix a lot of problems.

And the dumbest thing is that the lane is especially tight next to the first tower. Yeah, let's make it even harder to dodge poke for the losing team.

You want the lane to be narrower so Nidalee can land even more spears? What?

GrosPigeon

05-03-2014

Quote:
Ruler:
You want the lane to be narrower so Nidalee can land even more spears? What?
Not only that but let's also make her mana pool infinite by giving her bonus mp/5 scaling with her max mana AND allow her to start with Chalice. Brilliant balance.